Pickup Asia Forums

Bootcamp October 2017 in Shanghai

LuckyLuke

Bootcamp, Shanghai

Day 1 Nightgame

After getting to know each other, Kane decided to take me a popular nightclub in Shanghai (Liberion or sth.) . After we entered, I quickly noticed why the club is that popular: Tons of pretty and well-dressed Chinese Girls and a good amount of better-looking foreign girls also. What I noticed on the other hand was that there were also plenty of foreign guys, also handsome ones…probably more than in hole Jinan(that is where I live). “More competition” is what I thought.

Kane made me approach a set on the fairly quickly. Two girls, both cute, one a little cuter(HB8). I was surprised how well it went. Reactions were quite good. Opened with the “Can you speak Chinese?” Opener, which is quite hilarious IMO. Used that one the whole night. After the approach I quickly went for KINO because Kane told me so. I was also surprised how much KINO I was somehow “allowed” to do. Girls don’t really seem to mind getting touched. Mind-Blown!!!

Second set were 2 HB7s also at the bar. Brought Kane in set to isolate the other girl. My girl was super receptive to the KINO I did. She really liked everything I did and said. One obstacle was a guy constantly trying to talk to her and constantly buying her drinks. I thought he was just some random dude trying to steal the girl. I was constantly ignoring him and did not bought into his frame. Later on she told me he was her working colleague. She did not told me when I asked who she is here with. I should have made sure she is really only here with that one female friend. After about half an hour that whole group went to another club. Kane and me stayed.

Third set went really good from the start to the beginning. Girl was into me. Kane entertained the ugly one and I had an fairly easy one with her.

Fourth set was quite scary. Really hot girls on a table (solid HB8s). I approached one and was talking to her but was not very consistent with my KINO. Also a group of people came along and separated us while the conversation. After that I lost my frame and got blown out. Inconsistent KINO and asking Kane too many questions in between the set did not help.

Fifth set was quite boring. She was not very talkative(HB6) also being near the loudpeakers did not help with the communication. Went outta set after ten minutes.

Sixth set was a girl(HB7) by herself that was by herself. Danced a little right away. After about ten minutes I tried to pull her. Said we are going to eat something, at the exit she told me she was not hungry and has to wait for her friends.

After that I got back in set with the third girl. Got a make out and tried to pull her too, but she also wanted to stay with her friends.

Had only one blowout over the whole night. Crazy hot girl surrounded by some guys and her friends. Fair enough!

I was overall amazed by the amount of girls that liked me and were attracted to me. Really gorgeous women liked me and I was able to amuse them and having a great time with them.

Day 2 Daygame

Could barely sleep that night. Had cold sweat all night, had to change my pyijama several times. Really felt my brain rewiring.

Me and Kane met the next day at 2pm. After my first meal of the day we went to a University for the first Daygame Session. I really struggle with Daygame, I never did it by myself before. Kane approached the first set. And I did the same after that, approached several sets. Was really scary shit , even though the girls were not as hot as the night before. I tried to implement Kane’s procedure for Daygame:

Open- Where is a coffe nearby?

BT Spike- A Joke like “Can you speak Chinese? You don’t look Chinese!”

HQ- What she is up to today…

Q- Compliment, I have to find out what I like about her and emphasize on telling her

PIE- Screening for relevant info, if I remember correctly…

Seed- Get a cool idea for a date in her head (cat coffee??)

TB- She has to know when you will meet her again and where

After several sets we went to the mall, while I was already burned out. I approached one set at the mall which did not went to well. Kane let me approach one or two more but it did not lead to anything. I was just really, really tired. After that we debriefed before I went back to the hotel for two hours of sleep that I really needed.

Day 2 Nightgame

Kane picked me up at 11:30pm. We went to a place called Zapata, loaded with foreigners. There is nothing comparable back in Jinan. In that place I met the others who took the bootcamp before me. Super interesting to meet you guys, a somehow surreal experience. I was super stifled and nervous, I am normally cooler than I was back then… I really felt the last 24 hours exhausting me.

We went into the club area of that Zapata place. Kane let me approach the first cute girl we spotted(HB6-7). She responded like we would already know each other and wanted to dance immediately. She was obviously pretty drunk. We danced liked forever because she wanted to. Kane always wanted me to speak to her, she had no interest whatsoever in a conversation. She just wanted to dance like a maniac and she did. I got pretty bored of that whole thing after a while and I suggested that we might wanna go and drink something. She noticed that she was very thirsty and we had a water at a table outside. I talked to her, checked logistics and the overall situation. Tried to pull but couldn’t leave her sister that she was there with. Got her Wechat later on and left with the other guys to another club which was unfortunately closed because of the 19th Chinese Congress of the Communist Party.

I approached some sets in front of the club but most people were leaving. Kane wanted me to approach a group of crazy hot girls but couldn’t do it. He did it and the result was that that the hottest girl was GBC(German Born Chinese), so I was able to speak German to her which was quite fun. Crazy hot girl(rock solid HB9) . Tried to get her Wechat but the QR-Scanner somehow didn’t work, they left the set then. Kane wanted me to reapproach to get her contact, there was another guy in set so I hesitated, but in the end just did. That guy left the set when he saw me, maybe somehow thought those were “my” girls. Got her Wechat after that they went off in a taxi. Kane and me also took one home since all clubs were closed.

I learned a lot from that I night even though I am not able to execute with a those really hot girls right now. I also learned a lot about how other guys react to your frame when you with a girl. At night game it is a lot of frame battling. Sometimes even with your girl if she is drunk and just wants to dance. But usually with other that guys that are also talking to the girls. It went quite well for me that night but other guys can be a huge pain. Especially when they are drunk and semi-aggressive. Happy haven’t had to deal with that this night.

Day 3 Daygame

I was just tired that day. Super stifled and anxious due to the lack of sleep and recovery. Sleep was not really possible since my brain was rewiring and having the strangest thoughts all night. Kane and me met at 2pm. I couldn’t even ask for directions that’s how nervous I was. Took me forever to approach my first set asking for Starbucks.

After a few warm-up sets I high-fived a girl (HB6,5) on the street. I got in that set with Kane. That girl was travelling by herself and had some time, so I went on a coffee date with her. Was nice but the conversation was too serious to establish any kind of KINO. Girl was attracted, normal coffee date I would say.

After that date Kane and me were seeing a really hot girl(HB8) lost and asking a security guard for directions. It took me like five minutes to go up to that girl and approach her. As I did it I noticed from second one that she actually liked me, I really would not have thought that. She was always standing super close to me as I was talking. She wanted to go out with me that evening and was wondering as I told her that I will go back to Jinan in one hour. This was one of my favorite sets ever. Overcame my fear and it went far better than expected.

After that I had to leave Shanghai at 7pm since that was the last train going to Jinan.

This was after all an amazing experience for me. I learned tons of new stuff. Especially how KINO works and that this is actually doable. I wanna thank Kain for that and I hope that I can improve further.

One concern I have is that I live in Jinan right now. Jinan is way worse for game than Shanghai. They are no good places to go for game. Only Chinese clubs where all girls are on tables and smaller places with mainly African students. Nearly no sets of just two or three girls, nearly always big groups on tables and you see the people at the same places again and again. Also daygame is not the same. I fortunenatly live near a place where all the girls go to buy their fake LVs and Guccis, get their nails, make up and extensions done. So, there is a lot of potential. Other than that Jinan isn’t that great, mainly because all pretty girls are with dudes here!!! All you see is young couples. This place is way more family-oriented and traditional, so I have to move to a bigger place next year for sure!

My final take on this: I think a big part of getting really good at this is how much emotional drama you can take. My brain gives me a lot of this with every approach. There is something inside me that doesn’t wanna change. Pick Up is punching through that wall, over and over again.

I gave up on Pick Up after my first Bootcamp with another company back in Germany. I gave it another try here in China and Kane helped me to get back into this. I was approaching everyday since my bootcamp. I am a fairly busy guy and I have to manage my time more carefully now that I also want to learn this. I hope it pays off and I will grow with my results.

It’s my pleasure being a part of this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Day 1 Nightgame

After getting to know each other, Kane decided to take me a popular nightclub in Shanghai (Liberion or sth.) . After we entered, I quickly noticed why the club is that popular: Tons of pretty and well-dressed Chinese Girls and a good amount of better-looking foreign girls also. What I noticed on the other hand was that there were also plenty of foreign guys, also handsome ones…probably more than in hole Jinan(that is where I live). “More competition” is what I thought.

Kane made me approach a set on the fairly quickly. Two girls, both cute, one a little cuter(HB8). I was surprised how well it went. Reactions were quite good. Opened with the “Can you speak Chinese?” Opener, which is quite hilarious IMO. Used that one the whole night. After the approach I quickly went for KINO because Kane told me so. I was also surprised how much KINO I was somehow “allowed” to do. Girls don’t really seem to mind getting touched. Mind-Blown!!!

The club is called Le Baron, i've taken everyone whose done a BC there since, all love it.

It went well because you did well.

Girls LIKE being touched, especially by well dressed German Dudes who are into FA. lol.

Second set were 2 HB7s also at the bar. Brought Kane in set to isolate the other girl. My girl was super receptive to the KINO I did. She really liked everything I did and said. One obstacle was a guy constantly trying to talk to her and constantly buying her drinks. I thought he was just some random dude trying to steal the girl. I was constantly ignoring him and did not bought into his frame. Later on she told me he was her working colleague. She did not told me when I asked who she is here with. I should have made sure she is really only here with that one female friend. After about half an hour that whole group went to another club. Kane and me stayed.

Lol it's kinda funny that you didn't pay him any heed but it still worked out, that means you had gooooood levels of attraction from her.

Third set went really good from the start to the beginning. Girl was into me. Kane entertained the ugly one and I had an fairly easy one with her.

Fourth set was quite scary. Really hot girls on a table (solid HB8s). I approached one and was talking to her but was not very consistent with my KINO. Also a group of people came along and separated us while the conversation. After that I lost my frame and got blown out. Inconsistent KINO and asking Kane too many questions in between the set did not help.

Fifth set was quite boring. She was not very talkative(HB6) also being near the loudpeakers did not help with the communication. Went outta set after ten minutes.

I always get stuck with the ugly one when winging for students :< #InstructorProblems

Yeah the questions break the pace of the set.

Kino kino kino.

Sixth set was a girl(HB7) by herself that was by herself. Danced a little right away. After about ten minutes I tried to pull her. Said we are going to eat something, at the exit she told me she was not hungry and has to wait for her friends.

After that I got back in set with the third girl. Got a make out and tried to pull her too, but she also wanted to stay with her friends.

Had only one blowout over the whole night. Crazy hot girl surrounded by some guys and her friends. Fair enough!

I was overall amazed by the amount of girls that liked me and were attracted to me. Really gorgeous women liked me and I was able to amuse them and having a great time with them.

I think you'll rarely get blown out if you just run your game consistently and are out with people who make you feel good about game.

Day 2 Daygame

Could barely sleep that night. Had cold sweat all night, had to change my pyijama several times. Really felt my brain rewiring.

Me and Kane met the next day at 2pm. After my first meal of the day we went to a University for the first Daygame Session. I really struggle with Daygame, I never did it by myself before. Kane approached the first set. And I did the same after that, approached several sets. Was really scary shit , even though the girls were not as hot as the night before. I tried to implement Kane’s procedure for Daygame:

You did a good job on powering through day game, i'm proud of you.

One issue in particular you have with Day game is that you're focused on how it's going to affect you or reflect on you, try instead just giving yourself the goal of trying to make others happy when you approach them, i.e try to get nothing from them other than making them smile.

You think too seriously of things that should be merely light hearted fun.

“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Miyamoto Musashi

Open- Where is a coffe nearby?

BT Spike- A Joke like “Can you speak Chinese? You don’t look Chinese!”

HQ- What she is up to today…

Q- Compliment, I have to find out what I like about her and emphasize on telling her

PIE- Screening for relevant info, if I remember correctly…

Seed- Get a cool idea for a date in her head (cat coffee??)

TB- She has to know when you will meet her again and where

After several sets we went to the mall, while I was already burned out. I approached one set at the mall which did not went to well. Kane let me approach one or two more but it did not lead to anything. I was just really, really tired. After that we debriefed before I went back to the hotel for two hours of sleep that I really needed.

You find day game hard, sure, everyone has to start somewhere, so start where you can and build from there.

Day 2 Nightgame

Kane picked me up at 11:30pm. We went to a place called Zapata, loaded with foreigners. There is nothing comparable back in Jinan. In that place I met the others who took the bootcamp before me. Super interesting to meet you guys, a somehow surreal experience. I was super stifled and nervous, I am normally cooler than I was back then… I really felt the last 24 hours exhausting me.

We went into the club area of that Zapata place. Kane let me approach the first cute girl we spotted(HB6-7). She responded like we would already know each other and wanted to dance immediately. She was obviously pretty drunk. We danced liked forever because she wanted to. Kane always wanted me to speak to her, she had no interest whatsoever in a conversation. She just wanted to dance like a maniac and she did. I got pretty bored of that whole thing after a while and I suggested that we might wanna go and drink something. She noticed that she was very thirsty and we had a water at a table outside. I talked to her, checked logistics and the overall situation. Tried to pull but couldn’t leave her sister that she was there with. Got her Wechat later on and left with the other guys to another club which was unfortunately closed because of the 19th Chinese Congress of the Communist Party.

Yeah this night was a bit meh compared to the first.

I approached some sets in front of the club but most people were leaving. Kane wanted me to approach a group of crazy hot girls but couldn’t do it. He did it and the result was that that the hottest girl was GBC(German Born Chinese), so I was able to speak German to her which was quite fun. Crazy hot girl(rock solid HB9) . Tried to get her Wechat but the QR-Scanner somehow didn’t work, they left the set then. Kane wanted me to reapproach to get her contact, there was another guy in set so I hesitated, but in the end just did. That guy left the set when he saw me, maybe somehow thought those were “my” girls. Got her Wechat after that they went off in a taxi. Kane and me also took one home since all clubs were closed.

I learned a lot from that I night even though I am not able to execute with a those really hot girls right now. I also learned a lot about how other guys react to your frame when you with a girl. At night game it is a lot of frame battling. Sometimes even with your girl if she is drunk and just wants to dance. But usually with other that guys that are also talking to the girls. It went quite well for me that night but other guys can be a huge pain. Especially when they are drunk and semi-aggressive. Happy haven’t had to deal with that this night.

I still remember this German speaking Chinese girl, she was super super good.

Have you been hitting her up at all?

Day 3 Daygame

I was just tired that day. Super stifled and anxious due to the lack of sleep and recovery. Sleep was not really possible since my brain was rewiring and having the strangest thoughts all night. Kane and me met at 2pm. I couldn’t even ask for directions that’s how nervous I was. Took me forever to approach my first set asking for Starbucks.

After a few warm-up sets I high-fived a girl (HB6,5) on the street. I got in that set with Kane. That girl was travelling by herself and had some time, so I went on a coffee date with her. Was nice but the conversation was too serious to establish any kind of KINO. Girl was attracted, normal coffee date I would say.

After that date Kane and me were seeing a really hot girl(HB8) lost and asking a security guard for directions. It took me like five minutes to go up to that girl and approach her. As I did it I noticed from second one that she actually liked me, I really would not have thought that. She was always standing super close to me as I was talking. She wanted to go out with me that evening and was wondering as I told her that I will go back to Jinan in one hour. This was one of my favorite sets ever. Overcame my fear and it went far better than expected

The bootcamp is an extremely intense experience for most people because they are having a rush of experiences they normally wouldn't have, so i'm not surprised you found it mentally taxing.

Essentially your ego is taking more of a beating than it's used to and you're dealing with a lot more pressure than you're used ot.

Lol girls liking you, no shock there, I think most girls will be very happy to have you approach them regardless of what you say.

After that I had to leave Shanghai at 7pm since that was the last train going to Jinan.

This was after all an amazing experience for me. I learned tons of new stuff. Especially how KINO works and that this is actually doable. I wanna thank Kain for that and I hope that I can improve further.

One concern I have is that I live in Jinan right now. Jinan is way worse for game than Shanghai. They are no good places to go for game. Only Chinese clubs where all girls are on tables and smaller places with mainly African students. Nearly no sets of just two or three girls, nearly always big groups on tables and you see the people at the same places again and again. Also daygame is not the same. I fortunenatly live near a place where all the girls go to buy their fake LVs and Guccis, get their nails, make up and extensions done. So, there is a lot of potential. Other than that Jinan isn’t that great, mainly because all pretty girls are with dudes here!!! All you see is young couples. This place is way more family-oriented and traditional, so I have to move to a bigger place next year for sure!

I'm glad to help dude, I just want you to be happy and get the necessarily life experience so you can live the life you really want.

I think you're currently on track to move to either Taipei or Chengdu, which will be great!

Looking forward to that and the improvements it brings you.

My final take on this: I think a big part of getting really good at this is how much emotional drama you can take. My brain gives me a lot of this with every approach. There is something inside me that doesn’t wanna change. Pick Up is punching through that wall, over and over again.

I gave up on Pick Up after my first Bootcamp with another company back in Germany. I gave it another try here in China and Kane helped me to get back into this. I was approaching everyday since my bootcamp. I am a fairly busy guy and I have to manage my time more carefully now that I also want to learn this. I hope it pays off and I will grow with my results.

It’s my pleasure being a part of this.

I'm going to leave you with another Miyamoto Musashi quote.

ca5cf6aa1d0f836876b87387933bc106--asian-quotes-samurai-quotes.jpg