Pickup Asia Forums

Osaka Bootcamp - Halloween Weekend 2009

Axeion

“I call Bullshit!”

That’s where this all started. But to understand that we have to go back a little.

I, like my "Brother in Bootcamp" 180 had been studying game for over a year. I had read the game, mystery method, annihilation method, David DeAngelo and yeah I was mildly successful but no where near the level I wanted.

To me the goal was simple: to get over social fear.

I had learnt a long time ago that the greatest growth anyone can experience in life is to face their strongest fears and make them disappear. Yet I wasn’t growing I was stagnant so I started to change shit up. I started doing everything I could think of differently so that I could get different results.

I got a life coach. I stopped hanging out with certain people. I started doing things that pushed the boundaries of my comfort zone. One of these thing was joining a Mastermind Group organized by Da Vinci. There I met AVVsome, and Mr. Right . I could tell right away they were PUA’s but there was this calm, confidence to them. It seemed like they were having more fun with life. I was hooked but not quite closed.

I told my life coach about the Bootcamp and I mentioned I was probably gonna wait till January to save money and read some more.

Coach: “I call Bullshit!”

Me: “Huh??”

Coach: “You told me you’ve been reading this stuff for over a year. You don’t need to read more you need to do this now!”

This was the first of many times in that time period where I would feel that what I am saying makes less sense and what this other person is saying makes more sense. The other times would be stuff said by RedPoleQ or Kid44.

So I sent off an email to Redpole, he mentioned that someone else might jump on the course with me but he was not sure, and like that we were on for a Halloween Bootcamp.

Day 1 - Night Game - Halloween Party At Candy

Abbreviated Version: Axeion Learns to Trust the Crew

I make my way to a El Torito a Mexican place in Namba Hips and see 180 from the MasterMind meetings. He tells me he signed up as well b/c I took the leap, I think this would be a cool guy to go through this with.

Finally RedPoleQ arrives with two other guys I have met before AVVesome and Mr.Right. I feel instantly comfortable with all of them. Later Deppth shows up and I remember him as well from another party. Kid44 and Pantera round out the set and the team is in place.

RedPoleQ and Kid44 give us a little of their background we give a little of ours (Me and 180) and after a lot of talking we head to Candy a mostly Japanese Night Club.

In the club there are no more lockers and after 3 mins of searching RedpoleQ says “Gimme your bag I got it” I have no more excuses and he pushes me into the first set. It was nerve racking to say the least but 180 does a great job of winging and we keep winging for each other all nite. Inside I keep dreading my turn. But I force myself to say “I’ll do it” everytime RedPoleQ asks who wants to open this set. In the background at various times I hear. “KINO! KINO!, FACEKINO!, GO GO GO! Did you ask her who she’s here with?” I feel my arms being forcibly pushed around girls waists.

It is mentally exhausting but thrilling at the same time. The girls for me were a blur there were maybe 20 sets we opened that nite. What stood out for me was when we were outside the club I asked RedpoleQ where my bag was… He said slightly irritated, “That’s the third time you asked me.You know you are neurotic” SLAM!

Huge blow to the ego I was silent but what he said made more sense than my own belief. Yes I was being neurotic because I didn’t know these guys. But after that nite it all changed for me. I had had faith in the crew at that moment I started to believe in the crew.

Day 2 - Day Game – On the streets on Osaka – Amerimura and Shinsaibashi Shotengai

Abbreviated Version: I’ll take some Fries with my Day Game

After a surprisingly restful nite I’m refreshed, recharged and ready to go! We meet up with all the guys at McDonalds begind the Apple Store, lots more talking, Guest appearances by, Focus and one of RedPoleQ’s girls, then onto the street. I loved it immediately I was talking to more beautiful women who I didn’t know then I had ever spoken to before. Being a wing for 180 was great b/c we have polar opposite taste in women so he always seemed to want me to obstacle the hotter of the 2 set. A couple of sets in 180’s nerves get the better of him and it actually causes me to freeze up a little as well. I was really surprised because he was doing so well in set. He was hooking them and they were interested too. I knew he was feeling the pressure so I had to be even stronger for him so that when he was ready he would know I’m there to wing him. RedpoleQ winged the next few sets but my rhythm wasn’t quite the same without 180. Even still I couldn’t wait for the break.

At the break I hit up a friend B’day party at Vano’s. I must have been on some Alpha male trip cuz after I walk in like I own the place I find out from a friend that he paid a 2000 yen cover charge and walked in for free. Shweeet! I look around and am nervous to open sets. I see someone else open a set I was into. “Fuck it” I think and open the very next two set, then a single then another two set. Get time bridges on the last two set and bounce.

Hit up Coolabah for a Sayonara Party. I know a guy so skip another 2000 yen cover. Minutes later I’m Kinoing a smokin girl I’ve had a crush on for a while but was too much of a pussy to do anything about it until now. Today she is on my lap with my arms around her. Time Bridge her as well and head back to the crew.

This was definitely not the way it would have gone down before.

Day 2 - Night Game – At Onzieme

Abbreviated Version: Can’t stop Won’t stop

Back to the crew and ride continues.

By now I’m having a blast with all the guys. I can use RedPoleQ, Deppth, or AVVsome as wings and to bounce ideas of of.

RedpoleQ makes me open the set in line that 180 tried and didn't really engage with. I couldn’t I was frozen. Then as RedpoleQ and 180 were talking away from us. AVVsome told me to do the same thing. I said no I can’t and then just did it. Brought in Deppth to Wing and we were in set for 15 mins because the girls could not leave the line. HAHAHA awesome! Deppth’s girl wanted to pop but couldn’t so they put up with us. Inside the club these two ran the other way when they saw me but at that point I had already opened 12 or more sets so I didn’t give a flying F@#k.

Since 180 was out of action I was with RedPoleQ and he mercilessly made me open set after set non stop for hours. I was so nervous I was making basic mistakes like not asking for Sekai gai sen (infrared) and having them input numbers by hand.

At one point I saw 180 again he was looking sad which I didn’t understand because there was a drunk girl draped over him who wanted to make out with him. I came over and she jumped on me. I asked 180 if it was cool and he said ok.

So now I have this attractive, drunk off her mind Japanese girl with her lips about 2 cm from mine and moving closer and I hear. “NO K-Closing in the club!!!”...

At this point I seriously wanted to shoot RedPoleQ…

But I listened and threw her onto some Japanese dude and went back in to open more sets.

Another memory that stood out was a set I was in for 5 mins that went absolutely nowhere. I came back to RedpoleQ expecting to get all kinds of advice and he goes “alright next” I’m thinking but nothing happened there. He tells me it’s not about what they do it’s about what you do and you did everything you were taught. Process over outcome, atleast for now.

Finally RedPoleQ says its time to go and I can’t wait. He says he knows I’m tired; I feel I did the best I could I’m proud of myself.

On the way to a cafe called Dig me out we open a five set and there happened to be 5 of us so we bounce them all to dig me out. I wasn’t really keen on my chick so I had her give me hand massages. 180 was doing much better. He was with the cutest girl and things were looking good.

Day Game 2 - Umeda Starbucks

All good things…

Again I am rested and rejuvenated.

We meet up and Hep 5 Starbucks. Go over Hero stories and bounces. Then it’s time to open sets again. So without thinking I open a two set walking behind us. 180 bounces us all to Purikura which I later find out is one of his favorite things in the world ;) His smile is back and we are all having a great time.

We come back to Starbucks and I go out again with RedpoleQ we open two set after two set. To him it’s just his way of being I still struggle. After a while we had back to starbucks.

I still feel a lot of resistance to sarging again. So AVVsome offers to wing me. AVVsome is so laid back in contrast to the Drill Sergeant tough love (in a good way) Vibe of RedpoleQ that I’m able to relax a bit more and open a few good sets and got a few time bridges.

Finally it’s over and the huge sense of relief sets in that I saw this all the way through and gave it my all. We all meet up at a nearby restaurant and have a celebratory dinner. At the dinner they talk to both of us about our experience and choose to give us new names. After a few choices Kid44 and RedpoleQ say one that I feel is me.

Axeion is born.