Pickup Asia Forums

FRs: 29/8 Itaewon

efadrine

Figured it was time to start documenting the FRs again

Set 1: Itaewon

Sitting in a bar with some friends, notice 2 girls behind us. One of them seemed to be getting a bit "into the mood" (gesturing in a happy way, laughing, etc), thought it would be the perfect time to go in and open.

Sit down at their table with my drink, just say hello and start with the introductions (standard set of questions)

1) Names

2) What are they doing in Itaewon/why did they come out (to gauge their interest, possibly figuring out logistics)

3) What have they got planned for tonight (another gauge of interest)

At this point my friend comes over and introduces himself and starts talking to the one that is not my target.

My interaction went something like this:

HB: so how long have you been in Korea?

Me: on and off about 2.5 years

HB: So do you speak Korean?

Me: never really had to use it for work, I do know a phrase about you and your friend though

HB: what is it?

Me: 가재는 게 편이라 (basically means something like "the crab and the lobster stay together" i.e. birds of a feather flop together, phrase used by the older generation so it always gets a laugh)

HB: Starts laughin and tapping her friend and telling her this phrase, her friend starts laughing too

HB: so what do you do for work?

Me: work for X currently, have been for a while (explain my role a bit here to DHV)

HB: how old are you anyway?

Me: not really important

HB: how old though?

Me: guess if you want then

At this point both the bird and her mate are trying to guess my age, look really shocked when they find the actual age out (24 but I look about 30)

HB: how did you start working so early? you finish university?

Me: yeah, finished at 20, had to skip a couple grades

HB: so you must be smart or something?

Me: just took some tests, not much to it

HB: I'm much older than you

Me: yeah, everyone is

HB: can you guess my age?

Me: hard to do with Korean women, though you can prob. guess by the neck and the hands

Use this opportunity to Kino and touch both the hands and the neck and try to bs my way out of that question

Me: so you're probably in your late 20s

HB: no, 33 but seriously you're too young

Me: anyway, you keen to go somewhere else after this?

HB: yeah, where can you reccomend

Me: could go to Bricx (great location for escalating and getting a make-out btw) for a couple of drinks, it seems like you've been to Thursday party already, fuck knows why though it's only 10pm

HB: How did you know I was at Thursday?

Me: the stamp on your hand

HB: Laughs

Me: yeah so you wanna go?

HB: sure

So her and her friend get up, as do I and my friend

HB: wait, me and my friend will go the ladies room first

I wait a couple mins, she comes out

HB: my friend wants to go home, sorry but I have to go with her, she is married

Me: how about we meet up without your friend sometime then, we could just call each other you know

HB: you're too young sorry

By that point her friend started dragging her out and I didn't have a chance to get a word in edgewise.

Key takeaways:

1) Isolate faster, the friend was an obstacle

2) Probably get a wing who is actually keen to pick someone up (dude was married)

3) Get a better response to the age questions?

4) In this case escalation may have been a tad slow, this plays into the isolating faster as well. I play escalation by ear and don't just do it like a robot, I don't look for openings because they may never come but I also have learnt not to escalate on a time basis (has to feel right for me to do it, if escalation is rejected I take a step back and repeat later on when some more comfort has been built)

5) Did not figure out their logistics well enough (where do you live, where do you work, do you come here often)

6) Should have asked for a phone number earlier and time-bridged and seeded the time-bridges

Set 2: Itaewon, Wolfhound, Non-Korean

HBSweden

Friend pushes me and I end up at a table that's full of girls, notice a fairly tall blonde standing there (actually alright for a foreigner)

Open her

Me: Hello, I'm X and you are?

HB: Hey I'm HBSweden

Me: Are you from up north?

HB: yeah how'd you guess

Me: just the name, fairly common there, basically like being a Kim in Korea innit

HB: Laughs

Me: what brings you out here?

HB: I'm here on exchange, been here 3 weeks

Me: What's the most interesting thing you've done?

HB: Oh not much I just hung out with friends

Me: Do you drink?

HB: yeah, I like vodka

Me: fuck it, let's go have a drink

*not a big investment on my part and probably helps to loosen up the mood a bit, also use this time to kino a bit (hand on the waist)

Slam a couple of shots with this chick, high five her

Me: fuck, that's the worst high five I've ever seen

HB: how are you supposed to do it then?

Me: I'll teach you, look at my elbow and I'll look at yours

HB: wow it actually works (after trying)

Me: Do you plan on going anywhere after this? What some of places do you like?

HB: Clubs

Me: You wanna bounce soon? I know a couple of decent places we can still hit, it's still early (was only around 1:30 by that point)

HB: yeah lemme just talk to my friends

She starts talking to her friend, I meanwhile talk to one of her other friends (Russian girl) since I'm pretty much native in the language, thought it's a good use of time to build comfort with the friends that would most likely be obstacles.

After talking to her friends she suddenly says "I think we are gonna go now, they wanna go someplace else"

Key Takeaways:

1) I got a bit of isolation going, as much as was possible in that short period of time

2) The set may have been to large for just me to handle (5 girls all in all)

3) I would wager that she seemed keen - didn't pull away from physical contact, leaned in while talking

4) Did not qualify her enough

5) Think I did make a joke about "oh yeah so you're from the country of 6ft4 blonde dudes eh" to which she replied "nah I don't prefer them at all" (Dunno whether that is good or no, with foreign girls a bit of sarcasm does work but it's best not to overdo it)

6) Too short a timescale to do much but my main mistake was entering a set that large without backup (too many variables that can fuck up)

7) Did not figure out contact details and time-bridge, seed bridges

Set 3: Not really a set, HBC

Met up with another group of friends afterwards (couple of guys) who had a couple of their co-workers with them. Ended up drinking for a while. I periodically went out for smoke breaks with one of the girls and just chatted to her (didn't really run game).

Woke up in the morning and noticed a polaroid in the pocket, was the whole group on the couch, me with my arm around the chick, her leaning in.

Asked my friend to procure her number, currently work in progress.

This wasn't really a set but still some things for the future for the WIP:

1) Casual chat over kakao, set up a meet asap. I have already figured out her logistics through a friend

2) A bit of social proof and dhv demonstrated (friend talked me up a bit)

3) I got some kino out of that chick, handholding and such but no k-close since did not go for it. Co-worker of a close friend and I didn't wanna overstep my line with that dude (he said it's fine if I go for her but nothing too aggressive since she might get scared off). Decided not to telegraph too much interest during the first interaction.

Some other conclusions, RPQ gave me some advice about starting up communication with girls that do not reply:

"hey I'm doing x on y with some friends, if you wanted to come"

a) sets up the expectation that you're not just there for sex because the closing logistics may not be there

b) can get a bit of dhv and social proof if the social circle is good (can actually get a lot of dhv if you invite her to a sporting even you are participating in, have used that to some effect)

c) can send the same thing out to about 10 girls

d) if she flakes you're still at that event, no harm done

Main things to work on overall:

1) Go out with people that want to wing you, not just with friends

2) Isolation, as fast as possible

3) Possibly more routines (cube, cold reading, strawberry fields, question game), I use them but generally when the target is isolated not when it's in a set

4) Figure out logistical situation asap (schedule, locations, etc)

Not the most successful of nights but have not been gaming proper in a while (broke up with someone a couple months ago and was all fucked up for a while). Also went out with a group of friends primarily interested in drinking and not hitting on women (would get a bit of abuse for hitting on women haha).

Set 1: Itaewon

In the dialogue, the chick is running the show. That's not good at all. If you run it you can direct it in more helpful ways. You run it by being the one who's talking and asking questions so that she's reacting to you instead of the other way around.

Bad! Bad! BAD!

Why? Because she's looking for reasons to eliminate you. The idea is that she's having so much from with your attraction game that she's not thinking about eliminating you and then you run qualification so that SHE'S the one who's trying not to get eliminated.

Once you lose control of the set, you're done, almost every time because you don't know enough about the set to manage the potential problems that might come up.

1) I got a bit of isolation going, as much as was possible in that short period of time

2) The set may have been to large for just me to handle (5 girls all in all)

Actually, you isolated too early...you needed to get the friends liking you so they didn't fuck you up.

Glad to see you posting and looking forward to more.

Control the set + qualify her, point taken.

Second set, will fine tune it and build some comfort with the friends first before jumping into the isolation. When doing 2 sets I fluff about with both of them first for a bit before switching to the main target.

Has the bait and switch worked for you well? i.e. Open set, talk to one more than the other, then isolate the one you didn't talk much to.

Will keep updated with new FRs. Thanks.