Pickup Asia Forums

Sexy Summer Challenge

The Animal

7/21

1. Daiso. Opened. 2 min set. I said you are a university student. She said no. I said worker. She said yes. I said she works at kimbap heaven. She seemed confused and said no. I said thats too bad I love kimbap. You don't like kimbap you're not korean. I think she laughed. I said what's your favorite kimbap. She said she didn't like kimbap and left

2. Street set. Opened. 1 min set. Meet friends kyobo. Suggested coffee she said no. 

3. Cafe set. Opened. 3 min set maybe. She didn't understand English. She had some problems understanding my korean. She was meeting two friends guy and girl. Her friend came. She was wearing Adidas shirt. I said Adidas you workout. She laughed and got coffee. I dropped the set.   

4. Cafe set. Opened.  1 min set. Went to get her order. Sat with a guy upstairs.

1 hour ago, The Animal said:

1. Daiso.

3. Cafe set.

4. Cafe set.

Excellent! Happy to see you changing up opening location. Cafe's will be much better for you, especially in the summer when it's super hot in on the street.

3. Cafe set. Opened. 3 min set maybe. She didn't understand English. She had some problems understanding my korean.

What's one thing you can you do next time to help her understand? 

26 minutes ago, Vision said:

What's one thing you can you do next time to help her understand? 

My mistake. I didn't understand her. When she slowed down and spoke simply it worked out. It took her a bit.

I could study korean more or say speak to me as a child

7/23

1. Street set. Sitting on the street. Opened. 
2. Street set. Opened. Didn't see she was with a guy a little ways behind her.
3. Sitting Street set. Opened. 1 min set. Got a call and left.
4. Girl opened me. She was going to be a exchange student in Germany for 6 months starting in  mid August. She sent money for her rent and wanted me to explain the email. I talked to her about where she was going and why. I teased her saying I was  jealous. I seeded bubble tea and tried to instadate her. She said she had to home. She said something  about 10pm. I said she has early curfew. She tried to say something in English then just said it in korean which I didn't understand. She lives in Bundang and doesn't come to Gangnam often. She hangs out in Sinchon and goes to Ehwa. I said let's keep talking and asked if she had kakao. She gsve me it. 

5. Cafe set. Opened. 2 min set. She was there to meet her boyfriend soon. I just dropped the set. I could have maybe invited her for coffee and tried to kakao close her. 

7/24 

1. Subway station set. Opened. I said stop. She stopped. I said your fashion is very good. She took off again saying thanks. 
2. Street set. Opened with fashion really good. Gave me a weird look and  immediatley walked away.
3. Street set. Opened. Looked at me then walked away.

I was in a bad mood. Really tired because I didn't sleep well. So i did some quick sets.

7/25

I was off so I went to Moneybean to do some work. 

1. Cafe set.  Opened with favorite color green. She was wearing green and had a green bag. She looked at me, then went back to her book.

2. Cafe set. Opened with her fashion is good she studies design. Again she looked at me. Then went back to her phone. I said then Chinese she had chinese notes.   She just kept looking at her phone. 

3. Cafe set. Opened with favorite color. She kept looking at her phone. I said you are a student. This last set I tapped her arm. I should have knocked on the table. 

4.  Street set. Opened. 1 min set. Meeting boyfriend.

5. Art box set. Opened. 1 min. Called  someone on her phone.

6. Daiso set.  Opened. Less than 1 min. Walked away.

7. Street set. Opened. Less than 1 min  Lost her in a crowded area. 

7/26

1. Street set. Opened. 5-10 min set. She was going to hagwon at 4pm. It was around 230. I instadated her gelato. Timebridged her for dinner tomorrow. 

2. Kyobo set. Opened. Maybe 10 min set. Instadated her for coffee.  Timebridged her for ice chocolate Sunday.

3. Street set. Opened 1 min set. Took off quickly. 

7/27
I went to the pool in the morning.

1. Pool set. Opened. She was a California girl. She was in a yellow bikini. She was tan and putting on dark tanning oil. She said no. I said you have a tan. I said you are a college student. I forget what she said. I forget what I said after that. I dropped the set. I should have kept running it. I think i forgot what to say panicked and ejected. Next time I will guess she is a trainer.

2. Pool set. Part of 2 set. The other was already in the pool. This girl was getting ready. Opened. Favorite color. Guessed she was  college student. She said yes. I think i said she is coutry girl. She goes to school on suwon. She laughed and said she lives in Seoul. She said she graduated. I said congratulations and gave her  high five. Your parents must be very proud. She said I m going swimming and left. I went swimming too. I should have reopened the set. Next time I will.

Spent the rest of the day writing FRs and getting ready for date at 730.  

Opened many sets on the gil with the Gangnam crew.  

7/28

1. Cafe set. Opened. 2 min set. Favorite color. I went through my stack she just kept shaking her head yes and saying yes to whatever I said. She also kept waving her hand good bye. After a couple minutes I dropped the set.

2. Cafe set. Opened with designer. 2-3min set. She studies visual design. I said she must draw well. She said no. I called her liar jokingly. I said I was waiting for my friend. She said she was too. I told her not to wait for her friend. She laughed. I asked if it was a handsome guy or pretty girl. She said handsome guy. ( I kind of wanted to know if it was her boyfriend but figured it was best not to ask.  I said she must like spicy food. And could she eat kimchi? She said something about meeting her friend. I asked when is she meeting him. She said something I didn't understand. I said now? She said yes. I said she was cute we should have coffee sometime. She said no.

7/30
1. Street set. Opened. 2 min. Opened in English. More responsive when I spoke Korean.

2. Street set. Opened. 4 min set. Kakaoclosed. Tried to timebridge. Said was busy all week..

3. Street set. Opened. 3-4 min set. Tri ed to kakaoclose she said she had a boyfriend. I said that I wouldn't tell him. She said no.

4.  Street set. Opened. 5 min set.   Bounced her for gelato.  Will do separate FR about it.

7/31
1. Subway set. Opened with her fashion was really good. She was going to a trombone lesson and she was late. I asked when her lesson was over. She said 2 hours.  I said she was cute and we should get coffee after. She said she was late. I walked with her upstairs to keep the interaction going. I had her guess where I am from and my job. I dropped the set and let her go at the bathroom. I should have walked her to her lesson. 

Maybe more sets I forget. 

2. Cafe set. Opened. Long set. Bounced her for dinner. I did a separate FR. HB M and S.

8/1
1. Two set on the street. Opened. 1 min. The target walked away fast. Her friend slowed a bit but then left.

2. Cafe set. Opened. Not Korean. From Indonesia. She was here for a couple more days but she is going to Busan with her friend tomorrow.  

3. Cafe set.  Opened. 3 min set. Going to Hackers hagwon. Leaving for class soon. Suggested meeting after for a yogurt. She said no.

4. Cafe set. Opened. 3 min set. Meeting her friend soon. She would answer in one or two word answers and constantly stare at her phone and text. After a while I just dropped the set. I needed to finish my FR.

Edited by The Animal

On 7/21/2018 at 10:21 AM, The Animal said:

It wss with hb starry pants. It was ok. She is no longer text responsive.

Is there an FR for this?  I'd love to read it.

On 7/25/2018 at 1:35 PM, The Animal said:
7/24 

1. Subway station set. Opened. I said stop. She stopped. I said your fashion is very good. She took off again saying thanks. 
2. Street set. Opened with fashion really good. Gave me a weird look and  immediatley walked away.
3. Street set. Opened. Looked at me then walked away.

I was in a bad mood. Really tired because I didn't sleep well. So i did some quick sets.

Good on you for getting out there anyway and doing what you could.  How do you think you would have run the sets better if you were feeling better?

On 7/25/2018 at 10:05 PM, The Animal said:
1. Cafe set.  Opened with favorite color green. She was wearing green and had a green bag. She looked at me, then went back to her book.

2. Cafe set. Opened with her fashion is good she studies design. Again she looked at me. Then went back to her phone. I said then Chinese she had chinese notes.   She just kept looking at her phone. 

3. Cafe set. Opened with favorite color. She kept looking at her phone. I said you are a student. This last set I tapped her arm. I should have knocked on the table. 

Seems like you struggle when the girl doesn't have really good reaction off the open and first BT spike.  You should come up with something to do when their response is more mild like in this case.  Come up with some ideas and we can workshop them.

On 7/27/2018 at 10:54 AM, The Animal said:
1. Street set. Opened. 5-10 min set. She was going to hagwon at 4pm. It was around 230. I instadated her gelato. Timebridged her for dinner tomorrow. 

2. Kyobo set. Opened. Maybe 10 min set. Instadated her for coffee.  Timebridged her for ice chocolate Sunday.

TWO bounces in one day game session!  That's awesome!  ?

On 7/28/2018 at 2:55 PM, The Animal said:

She was a California girl. She was in a yellow bikini. She was tan and putting on dark tanning oil. She said no. I said you have a tan. I said you are a college student. I forget what she said. I forget what I said after that. I dropped the set. I should have kept running it. I think i forgot what to say panicked and ejected.

Hahahaha...I KNOW that feeling!  It happens, for sure.  It's all a part of the game.  I probably would have told her that it's nice to see some tan skin because in Korea, everyone looks like ghosts!

On 7/28/2018 at 2:55 PM, The Animal said:

She said she graduated. I said congratulations and gave her  high five. Your parents must be very proud. She said I m going swimming and left. I went swimming too. I should have reopened the set. Next time I will.

Yeah, totally!  How did you like opening girls in bikinis?

On 7/28/2018 at 9:44 PM, The Animal said:

1. Cafe set. Opened. 2 min set. Favorite color. I went through my stack she just kept shaking her head yes and saying yes to whatever I said. She also kept waving her hand good bye.

Lols.  Probably needed something to interrupt her pattern, like making funny faces at her or mirroring her and saying, "Yes" to everything.  

On 7/31/2018 at 7:32 AM, The Animal said:

3. Street set. Opened. 3-4 min set. Tri ed to kakaoclose she said she had a boyfriend. I said that I wouldn't tell him. She said no.

Hahahahaha!  Nicely done!

On 7/31/2018 at 7:32 AM, The Animal said:

Street set. Opened. 5 min set.   Bounced her for gelato.  Will do separate FR about it.

Crushing it with the bounces!

You've improved a lot since the beginning of summer.  Really awesome to see you putting in the effort and reaping the reward.  I'm looking forward to running some sets with you when I'm in Seoul at the end of August!

2 hours ago, RedpoleQ said:

Is there an FR for this?  I'd love to read it.

No I never created one. 

Good on you for getting out there anyway and doing what you could.  How do you think you would have run the sets better if you were feeling better?

Seems like you struggle when the girl doesn't have really good reaction off the open and first BT spike.  You should come up with something to do when their response is more mild like in this case.  Come up with some ideas and we can workshop them.

TWO bounces in one day game session!  That's awesome!  ?

Hahahaha...I KNOW that feeling!  It happens, for sure.  It's all a part of the game.  I probably would have told her that it's nice to see some tan skin because in Korea, everyone looks like ghosts!

Good answer. It was puzzled at the time. I thought she was foreign because she was tanning. I should guessed she was a trainer.

Really good! Like short skirts but better.

Lols.  Probably needed something to interrupt her pattern, like making funny faces at her or mirroring her and saying, "Yes" to everything.  

Good idea. I have had a few girls do this

I will try to use that next time

Hahahahaha!  Nicely done!

Crushing it with the bounces!

You've improved a lot since the beginning of summer.  Really awesome to see you putting in the effort and reaping the reward.  I'm looking forward to running some sets with you when I'm in Seoul at the end of August!

Look forward to it.

8/2

1. Subway set. Opened. 4 min set. Going walking down Garosugil. I was  coming  home from work wearing pants and that sounded awful in a 100 degree day. Turned out she was Chinese from a city near Vietnam. I should have tried to kakao close her. I just wanted to go home and get into shorts.

2. Street set. Opened. Walked away quick.

3. Kyobo bookstore set. Opened 2 min set. Walked away.

4. Stopped street set. Opened. She turned and walked the other way.

5. Cafe set. Opened. She told me she was busy to go away. 

6. Cafe set. Opened. She was meeting her boyfriend. I asked how long they dated. She said a month. I said thats not a long time. I should have said I wouldn't tell him. I asked when they were meeting. She said now and left. I should have opened her earlier. I was practicing for date with HB Walker.

Unfortunately she fell asleep and never showed.

6 hours ago, The Animal said:
8/1
1. Two set on the street. Opened. 1 min. The target walked away fast. Her friend slowed a bit but then left.

2. Cafe set. Opened. Not Korean. From Indonesia. She was here for a couple more days but she is going to Busan with her friend tomorrow.  

3. Cafe set.  Opened. 3 min set. Going to Hackers hagwon. Leaving for class soon. Suggested meeting after for a yogurt. She said no.

4. Cafe set. Opened. 3 min set. Meeting her friend soon. She would answer in one or two word answers and constantly stare at her phone and text. After a while I just dropped the set. I needed to finish my FR.

More cafe sets FTW!

51 minutes ago, The Animal said:

1. Subway set. Opened. 4 min set. Going walking down Garosugil. I was  coming  home from work wearing pants and that sounded awful in a 100 degree day. Turned out she was Chinese from a city near Vietnam. I should have tried to kakao close her. I just wanted to go home and get into shorts.

Haha it's not like you're working in a coal mine swinging a pick axe all day. You're walking home after being an an air conditioned building, strolling through an awesome city surrounded by hot chicks on a daily basis. It's ok if the temperature gets slightly higher than perfect. Be happy it's not -20 and the girls aren't wearing 300 layers of clothes. 

Being uncomfortable is a GOOD thing. Being comfortable too much makes you soft, and that's not sexy.

Figure out how to get them back to your house so you can BOTH get out of those clothes. ?

55 minutes ago, The Animal said:

6. Cafe set. Opened. She was meeting her boyfriend. I asked how long they dated. She said a month. I said thats not a long time. I should have said I wouldn't tell him.

Awesome that you realized that! If you keep evaluating your sets like that, you're going to get real good real fast.

Keep going, you're getting closer. 

20 hours ago, The Animal said:

Really good! Like short skirts but better.

That's how I feel, BRO!

19 hours ago, The Animal said:
I was practicing for date with HB Walker.

Unfortunately she fell asleep and never showed.

Chicks...but good that you were prepared!  That will still payoff for next time and with other dates.

18 hours ago, Vision said:
19 hours ago, The Animal said:

6. Cafe set. Opened. She was meeting her boyfriend. I asked how long they dated. She said a month. I said thats not a long time. I should have said I wouldn't tell him.

Awesome that you realized that! If you keep evaluating your sets like that, you're going to get real good real fast.

Keep going, you're getting closer. 

YES!

8/3

1. Street set. Opened. Happy birthday. She just had a birthday party with friends. She was going home to drop off the cake, then go back to friends I said don't go home. I said she must live in Ilsan. She is a country girl. Then a cab came up, someone got out and she got in. 
Next time I would ask for Kakao earlier maybe since I knew she was waiting for a cab. I just didn't see any empty cab signs so I thought I was good.

2. Kyobo book store. Opened. 2 min. She worked upstairs. I said she worked at kimbab heaven. She said she was 22. I said she likes spicy food.  I should have asked what she was doing there. Her friend came up which kind of threw me. I asked if they were  elementary school friends or high school friends. One said they were college friends. I said  college, fire friday. They laughed. I said I was shopping what would they do? One said they would go to a cafe. I dropped the set I could think of what to say. 
Next time I would qualify both girls. 

3. Kyobo. Opened. 5 min set. Had boyfriend. About 500 days dated. I should have said let's have mexican food. Then said I wouldn't tell him. I wanted to kick myself when I left the set and thought of this. 

4. Kyobo. Opened. 2 min set. She walked away. 

5. Moneybean  Cafe. Opened. 1 min set. She said she is talking with a friend on the phone good bye.

6. Moneybean Cafe. Opened. 20 min set. Kakaoclosed.  

7. Starbucks. Opened. 1 min set. Said thanks put earbud back in and  continued to watch youtube.
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, The Animal said:

Kyobo. Opened. 5 min set. Had boyfriend. About 500 days dated. I should have said let's have mexican food. Then said I wouldn't tell him. I wanted to kick myself when I left the set and thought of this. 

Its great that youre evaluating your sets, and writing one thing you would do different. For sure going to make you level up even faster!

8 hours ago, The Animal said:

Moneybean Cafe. Opened. 20 min set. Kakaoclosed.  

Cafe sets FTW! How did this one go?

Love all the detail in these. Keep going!

13 hours ago, Vision said:

Its great that youre evaluating your sets, and writing one thing you would do different. For sure going to make you level up even faster!

Cafe sets FTW! How did this one go?

I don't remember this set at all.

13 hours ago, Vision said:

Love all the detail in these. Keep going!

8/4

1.Moneybean cafe. 15 min set. Talked about her travel. Australia, Cambodia, Japan. Teased her about not goin got the US. She didn’t like my country? Asked what her thoughts, what she did, what she liked. Kakao closed her. Thought I had lots of time because she was just hanging out but she had an appointment at hospital. Most of the set was in Korean. I had to use Naver dictionary a lot.

2. Moneybean. 20 min set. Handled it like the set above. Talking about her trips. What she liked, why she liked it, etc.  Talked about her trips to Vietnam and Guam. Kakaoclosed. Timebridged for next Saturday. She had to leave she was meeting her mom for dinner.

3. Moneybean set. 2 min. Meeting boyfriend soon.  She got a call from him so I dropped. Didn't know she was meeting her boyfriend until he called. 

4. Street set.  2 set.  3 min set. College students.  One spoke English really well. She was going back to Canada in a week. I liked the other one more but I couldn’t figure out how to run the set to include her. Should have tried to kakaoclose the one.

I went out with The Rock to do street sets on the gil. Some drunk 30+ year olds opened him. He called me in told me the bad girl(really drunk girl). So I talked to the other one. I locked her in well. Suddenly his target walks over and interrupts my set. She starts talking and hitting on me. The other one goes over and starts talking to The Rock. I talk to her some but don't really know what to do since  she wasThe Rocks target. Weird set on the gil.  

Otherwise typical night on the gil opening set, girls walking past.
Edited by The Animal

8/5

1. Street set. Opened. Workout clothes going to workout? She laughed. I said you do yoga. She said no. I said weights? She said yes. I said you look very strong will you be my bodyguard? She laughed.  She was going to Spoany.  

2. Moneybean set. Opened 10 min set. Playing video games.  College student.From Suwon. rShe didn't really speak English. Doesn't cometo gangnam often. Traveled to taipei and osaka. Vibe seemed off she kept looking at her computer.She would answer but just give me. I asked her if she often comes to Gangnam. She said no.  Tried to kakaoclose she said no.

3. Money beanset.  1 min. Opened. Favorite color. Gave short answers and kept looking at phone. After a minute stoppe d answering. 

4. Daiso set. Opened. 3 min. Opened with fashion really good she must study design. She said thanks but no. Student major acting. Wants to do movies like actress in the Notebook. I said I kind of forgot it. It was a long time ago. Went through normal stuff. Where am I from? Seh guesses Spain. She has an aunt that lives there. Me did she visit her? It is too expensive so she hasn’t. Has she been to the US? No she has an uncle in LA. Let’s go right now. I have never been to LA. She laughs. She likes spicy food. Can she eat kimchi? She laughs of course. What is her favorite foreign food? (no answer maybe she didn’t understand.) She must like Mexican food. She said yes. She asked what am I doing in Korea? I said what is my job? guess. Her: English teacher. Me: Yes I gave her a high five. She said she has an appointment. She is going to church. I said don’t go to church. She laughed and asked why? I said because. I said let’s keep talking. Kakaoclosed her.