Pickup Asia Forums

Tokyo Bootcamp July 2016

Relentless

Instructor: RedpoleQ

About Me: I've known about the pickup community for a while and read some of the well known books. In America, I would do a cold open occasionally, but I lacked discipline and structure. I also lacked mentors that could critique my approaches and help me improve. Every guy I knew was either a natural, who had no idea why they were successful. Or, someone who wasn't a natural, and didn't believe that they could improve this area of their life.

Then, in 2016 I moved to Tokyo. At first, I believed the stereotype that being a foreigner in Japan made it easy to get laid. Unfortunately, I soon found out that reality was different. I also realized that many of the things I had learned were no longer applicable in this new culture. So, I began to search for answers and came across RedpoleQ's site. And after meeting RedpoleQ for a coffee I decided to take the Approach Mastery Bootcamp.

After taking the bootcamp I can say that it was extremely enlightening. I learned so many things that would have taken me ages to figure out. Having RedpoleQ there also provided me with motivation and valuable feedback. Here are some of the things I learned:

Structure: The bootcamp taught me the 5 Phase Cycle. This cycle has been of immense help when opening a set and when managing and troubleshooting a relationship. Because of this, when I experience problems it is easier to identify the cause and find a solution.

Exchange of Personal Information: I learned the importance of quickly finding out things such as: a woman's living situation, her job situation, etc. Getting this information early on in a set has allowed me to quickly assess logistical problems that may arise.

Qualification: In the past, I would only give compliments sparingly, because of the fear that I would come across as too "needy." But, I learned how important these compliments are to making the girl feel comfortable and increasing your connection.

Kino: In the past, I wasn't a very touchy person. So, kino has always been one of my sticking points. But, in the bootcamp I realized that women in general are very open to kino and that my fear that it would cause me to be rejected were unfounded. In addition, you can progress kino much more quickly then I had previously known. I am still working on becoming the kind of touchy feely guy that touches everyone, but I have made a lot of progress.

Day game V.S. Night game: I learned a lot about the differences between the two kinds of game. And, I was surprised to learn how similar they are in execution. It was interesting practicing game at the club because I had never tried pickup at a club. I definitely need to continue to work on increasing my energy levels and thinking on my feet more quickly while in a club environment.

Cultural Differences: Some of the most important things I learned were the differences between Japanese and American women and how to navigate them. Because of his extensive time in Asia, RedpoleQ was able to answer my many questions about cultural differences and taught me many things that I had never thought of. This knowledge has really helped me identify the areas where I blew it with Japanese women in the past and prevented me from repeating those mistakes.

Persistance: I learned a lot about persisting and not ejecting from a set. My pre bootcamp response when a set stalled or I got a negative reaction was to eject. But, RedpoleQ forced me to stay in the set. I now see that many of my past failed sets were likely due to me ejecting too soon and not necessarily because the woman wasn't interested.

In the end, the bootcamp taught me something new about every part of the pick up process, provided me with lots of great practice and feedback, and I am so glad that I took it. Since then, my success with Japanese women has increased greatly and my problems with them have decreased. In addition, the community has introduced me to some great guys that I can wing with and learn from.