Pickup Asia Forums

Tokyo 8/15 - 8/17 (Caveat: LONG)

Phoenix

I wanted them to fuck me up.

Let’s backtrack for a bit.

After reading The Game in early March this year, I began sarging right away. I found JLair, called for people interested in opening at least 50 sets during the day with me, and met up with some people in Shibuya. I ended up opening 20+ sets and came away with a few email addresses. For a starter, I thought it was pretty good. Since then I have been going out religiously every weekend to do both day and night game. I thought I was getting better and better. I learned routines, tested them in the field, got some results. The height of my progress came in the middle of June when I picked up two models during the day, number-closed and had Day2s set up, followed by my first SNL the next week. I felt more confident than I had ever felt. It felt good.

Exactly a week later, however, I slammed into a wall after I experienced my first hard blowouts. One girl rolled her eyes at me and told my friend I was annoying; one guy put his arm around me and told me that it was time for me to leave. Being the typical Nice Guy who hates conflict and has been avoiding making other people feel uncomfortable all my life, I felt like shit for two weeks.

I felt like shit for two weeks.

When I went out the following weekend to an international party, I found myself without confidence or energy. I had massive AA and fear of rejection and couldn’t even open sets.

Still, I pushed myself and went out every weekend, but I realized that I was petrified by the prospect of rejection and that I wasn’t even APPROACHING the kinds of girls I liked. I got results, but with mediocre 6s and 7s. After two months struggling with the crippling fear of rejection and gradually recovering from it, I was still scared shitless of rejection.

Scared shitless.

Weekend nights wouldn’t turn up the results I wanted. I saw myself hesitate, not approach, and regret it afterwards. I needed to push my limit but I couldn’t. I needed to do something about it right away. So I took the bootcamp.

Note: I went by Tic-Tac on J-Lair, I'm Japanese, spent 4 years in the Middle East, 12 in the US, and 8 in Japan. Yoroshiku

Friday

I meet RPQ and fellow bootcampers at TGIF. After the seminar, RPQ asks who wants to open a set first. I volunteer and my heart skips a beat and begins racing. I walk up to a 2-set, sit down, and ask them where we could get Takoyaki around the area. For some reason, I’m nervous. I’m talking too fast and moving my hands a lot – all of which RPQ tells me after I eject. I also said “Sorry” when I opened them. Not good. But no worries, the first three sets don’t count.

Solo and BraveHeart open their sets, and we head directly to Muse. I’m nervous but excited. I can’t imagine what kind of change and challenge I’ll go through. As soon as we get to Muse, we do a walk through. Then RPQ explains the spin move and demonstrates it by pulling a girl and actually spinning her. Not only that, he kinoes her and recruits her to be our spin move guinea pig. She concurs and we each do a spin move on her. I don’t miss RPQ rewarding her by planting a kiss on her temple. Smooth. I’m more impressed and mesmerizd than anything else because I had never seen a true PUA at work in the field. That was awesome.

We then learn wing game and it’s time for some action.

“Who wants to open first?”

Why not, I’ll go. I say.

See the set over there? GO!

Shit.

I more or less stumble up to them and open the set with a stammer. They walk away and RPQ comes over.

What happened?

Ahh… they--

Did you run attraction?

Ahh… no, I didn’t have time cuz they just--

Get off the opener as soon as possible and go into attraction.

OK.

All right, see that set over there? GO!

I don’t even remember how many times I got blown out. It was actually sort of hilarious to watch how they reacted and tried to get rid of me. There is, though, one set worth mentioning.

See that three set by the bar?

I nod.

GO!

I approach and open. They do a brushing-away motion with their hands. I Ignore them and run attraction, but they’re not listening.

A girl on the far end asks me loud, “Is this nanpa?”

“No, it’s called being friendly.”

“We’re lesbians.”

“Oh, great, I don’t have any lesbian friends yet.”

They roll their eyes and look away.

“No guys allowed here!”

I stammer out something and eject.

What happened?

I tell him.

Go back in.

What?

Just go back in!

And say what?

Anything. Just go!

I drag my feet to the three-set and start cold reading. They shake their heads and tell me to go away.

“You’re annoying, aren’t you?”

This time it registers that it’s a shit test. “Yeah, I’m annoying, so what?”

A guy comes over and stands next to the vocal alpha female. “This is her” – pointing at the girl next to me – “boyfriend.”

OK, I’ve got nothing.

I’m jealous, she said she’s a lesbian. RPQ whispers to me from behind.

Now I’ve got nothing to fear!

“I’m jealous, she said she’s a lesbian,” I say to the guy as I shake his hand.

The guy sort of drifts away and I keep plowing to the girl next to me.

The alpha female intervenes again. “Hey! She’s NOT interested in you!”

“Great! We have something in common!” I say to the alpha female

“What?”

“We are not interested in each other!”

She smiles. “Funny.” Then after a beat she says, “You know, if you want somebody,” the alpha female says, “you see my friend over there? She’s single and beautiful. Why don’t you go talk to her?”

Introduce me to her.

“Introduce me to her!”

The alpha female puckers her lips and halts.

Whisper.

“It’s all talk, isn’t it? You don’t even know the girl!”

The @ female shouts across the bar and calls her name. “Do you see that guy? He wants to fuck you.”

The girl – an 8 – smiles, shakes her head, and says, “I’m sorry.”

I shrug it off and turn to the @ female.

Whisper.

“You got no game, girl! You gotta up your nampa skills.”

She smiles!

You can eject.

OMG, it was so much fun.

After that I open more sets, and I don’t remember how many hooked or blew me out, but it doesn't matter. What matters is that I had tons of fun, handled blowouts well, and learned to work with an efficient model. And the other important thing I realized:

I SUCK

I was running game in such an inefficient way that using the model felt so new and I felt I was back to the same newbie self I was back in March with maximum clumsiness and all the embarrassing mistakes.

Saturday

Day Game: Roppongi Hills.

From the get-go, I get blown out left and right, but I’m OK with them. Strange. Throughout the day, I try to focus on the model and progress the sarge. Outside, we do moving targets and get blown out sooner or later. I do manage to stop many of them, only to get blown out after attraction. One time I do too much attraction and get blown out. Woops.

What happened?

I ahh—

Did you qualify her?

Um well—

That means you didn’t.

Shit.

See that set over there? GO!

Eventually, I open a single seated target. I kino lightly in the beginning.

“Don’t touch me.”

OH! I ignore and plow on. This time I remember to qualify and find out what her logistics is. She says she has nothing to do for a few hours. It’s on.

Then after a bit, RPQ comes over.

What’s going on? Why aren’t you kinoing her?

She told me not to—

It doesn’t matter. Palm read. Kino.

The bag—

Move it!

So I move the bag and start palm reading. I kino more as I tell her some stories. She doesn’t say anything. She’s complying! I seed a bounce, fluff (should not have done that), try to bounce her, but she says she’s really full and wants to stay where she is. I ignore that and tell her more stories as I kino her. After a while, she says she wants to smoke. So we bounce to a smoking area, and then after spending some time there, bounce to a crepe restaurant nearby. I accidentally tell her a deep comfort story when she asks me if I ever get down in the mouth. I pick some crepe for her and feed her. We’re looking like a couple. Interesting.

Then I time bridge and start exchanging contact info with her.

Knock knock!

It’s RPQ outside (we're sitting by the glass wall). He gestures us to come out.

I pay (she didn’t eat) and get out. We’re punching in numbers and names on our phones.

What’s going on?

Ah—I just time-bridged—

You should have done that a LONG time ago.

What time is it?

It’s 7:30.

Damn.

I spent more than 1.5 hours with a single target.

RPQ tells me to spin her. I spin her. He tells me to make her peck my check. I gesture her to kiss me on the cheek but she doesn’t comply. I was too far away from her. Dammit.

Major lessons learned:

1) It's OK to kino even after she tells you not to touch her.

2) Too much attraction can overwhelm the target.

3) There are an INFINITE number of ways to initiate and sustain Kino.

4) Finding out logistics is KEY

Night Game: A-Life

We enter the club and I immediately see that the quality of the girls is MUCH higher than at Muse. MUCH higher. I end up opening and hooking four sets in a row. Why am I not getting blown out? One of them was even reverse kino-ing me and she seemed super keen. But alas, I’m in a bootcamp and not allowed to kiss or close. Then I complain that I’m not getting blown out.

The Redpill tells me to open a 2-set by the bar. They’re a 9 and a 7, both gyarus. The 9 is possibly the best-looking gyaru I have ever seen. I shit you not. Beautiful face, great boobs, and amazing legs.

Shit.

Just get blown out.

OK

I open them by patting at the hat the 9 is wearing and saying hi. They turn their backs against me and tell me to get lost.

“Ohhh, you’re ignoring me! Oh hey” – I point at the 7 who is sitting on the far side, “You were working at McDonald’s, weren’t you?”

“How do you know!?!?” the 7.

“She was, how the hell do you know?!” the 9.

:shock:

Holy mother fucking shit.

Then I machine gun the 9 with cold reading material. She’s screaming and clawing at the 7, saying, “OMG! Help! He’s scary!”

I remember not to overwhelm the target so I ask them how they know each other. Then I bring the Redpill in and tell him which is the bad girl (the 9, of course). He engages her. I then turn to the target and qualify her. And for some reason I do another attraction routine, which she loves. I then ask her what they’re up to after the club. She says she’s been wanting to leave. I seed a bounce. Then I ask her where and when she works. 109, she says. I tell her a comfort story. I kino her. Qualify for more instead of going direct for the time bridge. What am I doing? What am I doing? I fuck up NUMEROUS times. I try to time bridge WAY too late. I fuck up bouncing her by pulling at her wrist rather than at her shoulder. I run attraction too long (three guys - the Redpill, RPQ, and BraveHeart winged me during that time!).

They end up leaving the venue (not our fault) Damn she was hot.

I open some more sets, start to get blown out left and right, then we all go down to the pit for a blowout galore. It’s so many and so blatant that it’s hilarious. Here as three of us are working on a 3-gyaru-set, we keep getting bumped around. When I was ready to eject, BraveHeart yells at me to go back in. So I go right back in until a security guard pulls me away from the target. Dang it.

It's time for debriefing.

That was a GREAT time.

Main Lessons learned:

1) I still suck.

2) Blowouts are not only OK but can be HILARIOUS

3) I CAN turn things around by plowing when the set is not hooking

4) Stories are POWERFUL

5) Girls are stupid :roll:

Sunday

Day Game: Shinjuku

I get blown out like 10 times in a row. ALL of my sets are not hooking. What’s going on? RPQ tells me to go direct. It works better and I hook a set. Then I open a French girl, take too much time, no kino whatsoever… I try to bounce her but she refuses. But she number-closes me and I eject.

What happened? :evil:

Ah… I tell him.

Go back in.

What?

Go back in and bounce. GO! :twisted:

I find her, tug at her shoulder, and bounce to Starbucks. We sit down. I run comfort game, seed a time bridge, aaaand she has to leave. No kino. DAMMIT.

I open some more sets, get lightly blown out, and see an 8 from a distance. Without thinking, I approach her and open. Her face is a 6 but her body is a 9. She’s a gyaru.

Me: I thought you were cute and so I wanted to come talk to you.

HB: [looking scared] blah blah!

Ring routine, kino, qualify. Bam, bam, bam! Figure out the logistics. She got nothing all day. Bam! But not enough kino!

RPQ charges at me and tells me in hard whisper: I WILL KILL YOU IF YOU DON’T KINO HER! :evil:

I immediately kino her and bounce her with my hand around her waist. I seed a time bridge and number-close. She’s impressed. “Wow, you’re good, aren’t you?” she says as she punches her number in my cell. Then I bounce her to two more places. She says I’m so pushy that she can’t say no. That's right! I qualify her on her cooking and run comfort game. I see something changing in her as I deliver it. Up till that point, she regarded the whole interaction as “nampa” so she was all cautious but as I start to leave she says “Thank you, it was fun.”

Lessons learned:

1) Comfort game is AWESOME

2) Being pushy and dominant is not only OK but IMPERATIVE

3) Kino creates instant RAPPORT

4) I can always push my limit

and of course,

5) Yet again, I still suck. :D

All in all, the bootcamp was awesome. I’m ready to go out there and kick (and get) some serious ass. In a few months, I'll be a different man. And that's a promise to myself.

Thank you for reading.

Edited by Guest

Thanks guys--

jeremy,

I read your LRs and luvd them. All f'in inspirational. And you do me too much honor by giving me the future AZN stallion title - after all, I suck massively. But my goal is to deserve it asap.

New Light,

when do you sarge? I'd like to come join you and others sometime soon. Let me know!