Pickup Asia Forums

Bootcamp Tokyo: Nov 30 -> Dec 2

Renaissance

Better late than never. Here's the report of the weekend that I'll probably think of in the future as a major turning point in my life. I was on this forum already with the name Snowfox. I was given a new handle by Allusion. Je suis Renaissancé! (~ I am Reborn)

For some quick info about me, here's a link to my profile on J-lair. It's a little outdated, but not so much. I actually just realized that I hadn't mentioned snowboarding once at the bootcamp :P. I'm quite good 8-).

Here it goes:

Friday evening we met at TGI Friday at Roppongi. I was a little nervous because I knew I was going to talk to more girls in one weekend than in the past 2 months all together. Seen afterwards, I indeed did talk to more girls than in the past two months, but what's more: I had more conversations with different people with such a high fun-factor than in the rest of my life altogether maybe.

I had already met RedpoleQ and Kid44 at the Sexual Mastery seminar before. Curiosity was there as a Bootcamp Alumni, and there were 6 other students like me. We had to present ourselves quite extensively. It was surprising how fast I felt comfortable in this group. Telling each other our vulnerabilities, qualities and goals gave us a certain feeling of connection from the start.

My story about why I decided to do this bootcamp is the following: Up until now I hadn't been so extremely unsuccessful with girls actually. In my life I had had one serious relationship of 2.5 years, and two short relationships of 3 months in the past year. Also one sexual experience out of a relationship. Apart from this I had also had my first SNL a few weeks ago. My goal was/is to be able to be more social overall and have more fun interacting with people. I had been a beta male in just too many situations, and I want to be the alpha-male wherever I want. Another goal more directly connected to PUA is that I would like to have 3 or 4 nice fuck-friends in the future.

We went from TGI Friday to Starbucks and practiced opening someone of our own group in order to evaluate the non-verbal communication. This was actually the one time where I was the most nervous of the whole weekend, weird enough. I got totally stuck in the things I was saying after 5 seconds, but I could do a Take 2 :). I don't exactly remember what the evaluation of my body language was actually...

Set 1: A 1set HB7.5 sitting at Starbucks. I opened her with the Takoyaki opener. She seemed pleasant surprised to be talked to, but I ejected after the opener got stuck. I got told immediately that I shouldn't eject if I don't get blown out, so I went in again and did my survey routine I had prepared for this. I’m actually doing this survey for a school project, so I’m killing two flies in one hit. I’ll explain the routine here, and if I use it in future sets I’ll refer to it as the survey routine. "I'm actually doing a research about the present way of thinking of Japanese young people. I want to discover if they still think the old Japanese way about relationships, or if they have gone more like how they think in Europe and America. Here goes the first question. I’m going to explain you a situation, and you have to tell me how you would feel and what you would do in that situation. You’re happily together with a boyfriend for one month, everything’s going great, but one day you’re at his house, and you notice him chatting with someone on msn. He’s chatting with a girlfriend from years ago. He tells you they’re no more than normal friends anymore. How do you feel about this? Do you want him to stop all contact with her? Do you tell him so too?

Another day you discover a box at his room, filled with love letters and little thingies from old girlfriends. Are you worried about this? Do you want him to throw it away?

I threw in a time constraint here that we probably almost had to go, but that we probably had time for question 2 too.

Question 2: Do you usually see your boyfriend as a real best friend? In other words, can you tell your boyfriend the same secrets as to your best female friends? Do you usually share the same friends? Is it important that you share some hobbies?

I don’t remember if I asked any other questions from my list in this set, but I’m going to note them here anyway in order to get some feedback about them here. The purpose of this routine is to put in as many BT spikes as possible, build some attraction, and for the most part it’s for qualification. If I ask the right questions here it gives me a lot of valuable information about how this girl would be in a relationship. It also gives me the possibility to frame her by qualifying her on certain things that I like. (or turn her words around in order to frame her to how I like it =P )

Question 3: You’re talking with a female friend of you, and she tells you she saw your boyfriend at a party last week. He was very drunk, and she saw him kissing with a girl who was also quite drunk. How do you feel about this? Are you going to talk to him about this?

Part B  What if she saw him kiss with another guy? What would you think about that? (This may get some humor in the test, because that’s probably the flaw of this routine, that it takes a while and it doesn’t really make her laugh that often probably…)

Question 4: Do you ever want to get married? When do you see yourself marrying? Why?

Question 5: At what age did you start your first real relationship? (that lasted longer than a month)

Question 6: This is another situation. Your boyfriend has to go abroad for a few months for his job. After a month or so you have a phone conversation with him. He tells you he’s been having sex with another girl. He assures you that he still loves you very deeply, and he doesn’t love the other girl, but he just can’t take such a long time without sex. How would you think about this?

I never ask all the questions, because I feel that the vibe is going down if the same subject takes too much time. I also think that I’m not doing it quite yet in the optimal way. I should record myself taking this survey from a girl and put it online for some review. It’s my own made routine, so I would very much like to get some feedback about what you think about the good and bad points of this routine. If anyone has some inspiration about how to make the content better, you’re welcome to correct.

Anyhow what happened in the set is that she was amused, and during the conversation RedpoleQ came telling me twice to do more kino, and he even put my chair closer to her =P. This would be the thing I had to work on the most during the weekend, and it’s still the thing I have to work the most on.

Friday Night @ Muse

RedpoleQ, Allusion and Kid44 showed us around the place, and I was extremely nervous during this for some reason.

Set 2: This nervousness disappeared after I got sent into my first set. It was a 3set and my target was a HB8. I opened with the Takoyaki-opener, and I AI-ed Bachata into the obstacles. Even though we weren’t really told yet about bouncing, I isolated her and bounced her to a corner where we could sit close together. I had my arm around her and she was sucking up every word I said with sparkling eyes. RedPoleQ came by to tell me I should do more kino, so I started moving my hand on her lower back, and she didn’t seem to mind it at all. I forgot my cellphone in the locker, so I couldn’t sekigaisen-close her. She did gave me her email-address on a piece of paper, but I think she wrote a mistake in it because I don’t get any reactions from it after I tried to mail a few days later… (or my reads must have been wrong that she was so keen on me) I could have kissclosed her, but for some reason I didn’t do it. I had the feeling though if Allusion didn’t tell me to eject, that I could have gotten her in a love hotel that night.

Set 3: Short one. A 2set, that was leaning against the wall. Allusion showed me how to do the spin-lock-in and hand-reading at the same time.

Set 4: I opened a 3set at the bar with the takoyaki-opener. Did some random talk and didn’t get bad reactions, but the girls didn’t seem so much in the mood for being picked-up 8-).

Set 5: A 2set I got sent in by Kid44. She didn’t look bad at first sight, but she was skinny as a skeleton and not much more interesting. Not good enough to keep me going.

Set 6: A 2set that I saw some other BC-students in a while ago. They were sitting down at a table and I sat down next to the obstacle first. (HB7) I did the hand-reading on the target a while after, and apparently someone had already done the same read on her =D. She didn’t seem to mind though, because I made it sound like logical. (yeah, poker bluffing skills come in handy sometimes) I then did a smooth move next to the target, and had a very good vibe. Too bad I didn’t see any wings near to introduce to the obstacle… I had to eject because we were leaving, but things were really going good. I had practiced some push-pulling here. I didn’t exchange contact information for some reason… The target was very keen, so that’s too bad.

Then we left off to Almond to do a debriefing. I had an extremely good feeling about this. After my first night I had the feeling that I could have gotten a F-close out of this if this hadn’t been a bootcamp. I look forward very much to go to Muse again in the near future.

I don’t have time to continue this now, but I will soon.

Edited by Guest

hey bro, nice questions. I now believe that those qualification as well as story-telling is an important part of the sarge. In order to build comfort with the girl, of course after initial attraction, we need to provide the girl some information about ourselves in the right frame. It makes a lot of sense to use those questions to frame the girl and learn about her. We'll hang out again soon!

Saturday Daytime @ Roppongi Hills

We met each other at 3pm at Tully’s @ Roppongi and grabbed something to eat. As soon as we finished I got sent into a 3-set sitting at a table close to us. The objective for today was bouncing and time-bridging.

Set 7: I opened with the Takoyaki-opener and I AI-ed Bachata in and not much later Azn_Stallion. I wasn’t so much interested in my target to be honest. She was like 6 years older than me, but still I tried my best. It’s hard to seem like you’re having fun when actually you’re not so very much having fun. We tried to bounce them to the illuminations, but one of the set was eating so extremely slow, and they didn’t want to leave her behind, so eventually we ejected.

Set 8: We went outside, and Allusion sent Azn_Stallion in a 2set. I got AI-ed in and I noticed to my big surprise that the obstacle I was supposed to play was actually a classmate (HB 6.5) from my university 8-). I didn’t know her very well yet, and she wasn’t really in my social circle, so it wasn’t really awkward for me. For some reason I was more reluctant to kino her though… It didn’t go bad, but not so extremely good either. I can get her when I would really want her I think, but I’m not that motivated for a HB6.5.

Set 9: I got sent into a 1Set, a HB8 who was sitting on a bench listening to music. I opened her with the Takoyaki-opener, and she reacted really well from the start. She told me she was waiting there for a friend. I did the Survey-routine on her, and some other stuff. When her friend got there, I got Curiosity in to game the friend. Curiosity isolated the friend immediately… quite funny how they didn’t really say a full sentence to each other. After doing enough attraction and some qualification, I proposed to introduce her to my friends from Osaka. (She said she was from Nara herself) When we met up with Allusion he wondered why we were walking around so aimlessly and he hinted me to go to the starbucks inside. So Curiosity and me bounced them inside Starbucks, and we managed again to isolate our own targets quite nicely. She invited me to show me around Nara when if I would like that, and she gave me her email-address. I considered to try to kiss-close her, so I told her if she won from me in Janken ( stone, paper, scissors), I would give her a present. She lost the first time, but won the second time. I told her she had to close her eyes, and then I started to think it would be so extremely predictable to kiss her now, and we weren’t even isolated, so I just blew her full force in her hair, saying that she had actually lost the first time.

Evening @ Shibuya

There was a little break between the daygame at Roppongi, and we had arranged to meet each other at 10 or something like that at Hachiko @ Shibuya. Azn_Stallion, Curiosity, Takuma and me went to eat some ramen and took the train to Shibuya. There we walked around a little, considering to open a few sets at 109, but didn’t do it after all.

Set 10:

We went into an Excelsior Coffee shop and Curiosity opened a 4set very smoothly. I got a HB7.5 and I gamed her pretty smoothly. I was doing kino, but not nearly enough… (the main point I have to work on overall) I also didn’t get her contact info…

Then we went to Hachiko to meet up with the others, and we took the bus to…

Saturday Night @ Club Ageha

We went over some routines during the bus ride, and after half an hour we found ourselves standing before the biggest club in Asia. I become a little nervous again while being shown around the club, but this disappeared again after my first opener.

I don’t remember everything very clearly, so I maybe left a few sets out…

Set 11: I got AI-ed in a 2set by Mark, and my target was a HB7.5. We were able to bounce the girls to the outdoor swimming pool area, and things weren’t going bad, but I was again not doing enough kino to progress the things as quickly as needed. At some moment the girls were going to the toilet and they said they would be back. We didn’t have the patience to just stand around, so I don’t know if they actually came back or not.

Set 12: This was a quite funny one also at the swimming pool area. There was a foreign blond girl and a Japanese girl speaking very good English. I opened the blond girl and decided after a minute that my target was the Japanese girl. She seemed really keen and I played with her a little by stealing her beer and putting it in the swimming pool (closed can :P) . But then her boyfriend came and stared me in the eyes for like a minute or so asking me what the fucking hell I was trying to do. I just stared back and talked to him playfully… he looked away eventually, cooking inside probably. Mark pulled me away to avoid sticky situations.

Set 13: I did a 2set together with a Wing (forgot who), and I got my HB7.5 target really keen. I bounced her to the swimming pool area, and then did a deep comfort NLP routine on her. I was progressing the kino very well this time, and was at some time standing very close to her with my 2 hands around her waist. I don’t know why, but soon after the deep comfort game, and everything seemed to go in the right direction, she told me she had to go to the toilet. I suspect she really had to go, because she was really sparkling when she was together with me. She probably didn’t talk to me anymore because she probably saw me talking to other girls in the same way as I had been talking to her. Her own fault for going to the toilet…

Set 14: Short one, got sent in 3-set on my own, and this was like the second set I had done this weekend that I knew was going nowhere from the beginning. They didn’t seem too keen at meeting foreign guys.

Set 15: A 2-set, my target being a HB6.5. I AI-ed Azn_Stallion and managed to isolate the target, but she refused to go to the swimming pool area. (the reason why I liked to bounce them to there was because there wasn’t so loud music, and it had a nice view) She was worried all the time where her friend was. She also pulled back when I kino’ed her. At some moment Allusion told me I could use her as a pivot to ‘meet some new friends’, so I took her arm and told her we were going to meet some new people, but she didn’t like that idea and blew me out.

Set 16: A 2-set at the outdoor food stalls. She was kneeling down on the ground eating something, and she had a huge bitch-shield that I couldn’t get through. I suspect she had already been visited by one of us.

Set 17: A 2-set HB8.5 who appeared to be students of the pole dancer performing. They told me they liked dancing and that their teacher was here. I didn’t know they were talking about pole-dancing and I asked them to introduce me to their dance teacher so he/she could teach me something. I was getting tired and didn’t put enough energy in this set.

Set 18: A 2set Curiosity or sniper opened, and I got AI-ed. I don’t remember too much about this one, apart from that it was going quite well.

Set 19: This was a big group of 3 guys and 2 girls I think, and I was watching from a distance how Sniper and I don’t remember who was gaming. I got in and started talking to one of the guys, and after that to one of the girls. It was a fun conversation, but they left off quite quickly and my target had to go with them.

Set 20: A 3 or 4-sitting-set, that Sniper opened. I don’t remember too much about it, except that I was getting good reactions at the things I did and said.

Set 21: A 3-set of a guy and 2 girls. I opened with the Rabbits-on-the-moon-opener which I had been using before as an attraction routine. This was a short but very smooth sarge. I AI-ed Sniper to the obstacles, and I was able to build a lot of attraction on the target. She was like: Foreign guys often have sex friends right? Guys in Japan don’t usually do that kind of stuff… and then a few minutes later: Tomodachi ni narô! (Let’s become friends) I time-bridged her by asking if she didn’t want to help me shopping for a Christmas present for my little present, and she was enthusiastic, but she didn’t have her cell phone on her at that moment. She wrote down my number and told me that she was definitely going to call me… but haven’t heard anything from her too bad =( . She was a HB8.5 or better =\.

Then we quickly had to take the bus back, and we did a debriefing on the bus and in a Mcdonalds @ Shibuya. I had 5 cheeseburgers, and went home for 3 well-deserved hours of sleep =].

Sunday Daygame @ Shinjuku Starbucks

On Sunday we gathered at Shinjuku station south exit at 3PM. We were going to do daygame around the starbucks. Illuminations all around the starbucks to check out with the girls and a Crispy Cream doughnut place to bounce to.

Set 22: A 2-set Takuma opened. I came in and got some slight attraction and I don’t remember if I did any qualification. We seeded the bounce to crispy crème and tried to bounce them there, but we got them only as far as showing us where it was. I wasn’t anywhere near on my target anyhow.

Set 23: A 3-set I came in while Rockstar and Azn_Stallion were already in. They were all sisters and two of them were twins. I got one of the twins and they were actually not very attractive or interesting. I got good attraction and some qualification, and after that we were able to bounce them to Crispy Cream. There was a line of one hour, and we had a good time the whole time. We got a free doughnut during the waiting time and all I got was a coke after we finally reached the end of the line. I did entertain the girls, but I wasn’t keen enough to really do full effort. I didn’t kino nearly enough, and she showed me pictures of her boyfriend and stuff like that 8-\.

Set 24: A little object game I did for someone… Only lasted for a few minutes

Set 25: Sniper and me were going to look for a set, and for some reason he opened a 1set by standing smiling in front of her camera while she was taking a picture of the illumination. I went on and saw another cute girl taking pictures of the illuminations and I tried the same thing out. I jumped in front of her camera, and she was like: wait, don’t move so I can take a picture. Only talked for a minute and I have no idea anymore why I ejected, because it was fun actually.

Set 26: Allusion or RedpoleQ sent me into a set that Kissmark had just opened at starbucks. It was a 2set of a HB6 and HB8, and Mark told me the HB6 was the bad girl. Fair enough I though =P I was able to make really good attraction, and didn’t do bad kino, but not nearly good enough. I qualified and went into comfort. Everything was going really smooth. We went to the alluminations for a few minutes to take a picture together. I wanted to seed a bounce to go out shopping for Christmas presents, but for some reason she got me into the frame of going out eating instead. By coincidence, Kissmark was just doing the timebridge for going out eating Takoyaki, and my target had the idea of all going together 8-\. I gave her a kiss on the cheek when we had to go and she was flustered and said ‘ureshii’.

Then we grabbed some food and drinks for the final debriefing. We said our final 5 points that we were doing good at, and the 5 points that we wanted to do better. I don’t really remember what I said back then, but now one week after the facts it looks like this for me:

5 Strengths of my sarge:

- Smoothness of the conversation

- Positive vibe

- I do fairly well in Japanese

- I usually get IOI’s from the moment I open, so I guess my initial attraction is ok

- I know a lot of routines and have a good memory

5 Things I have to improve on:

- More Kino

- Even more kino

- Better qualification

- Be more dominant

- Implement the ‘BHRR’-cycle more into my sarge

Now after thinking back about the weekend after a week, I think it was really a major step forward for me as a PUA. Not only was the training I got from the masters invaluable, but I got in touch with guys who I can go out with every week, so every weekend becomes like a little bootcamp. The bootcamp and everything growing out of it was and still is worth every cent.