Pickup Asia Forums

Seoul bootcamp Nov `08 pt3

Caspian

After an enhausting (and awesome) night at MASS,the group met up at Cafe Pascucci in Myeongdong for the second day of daygame.

For the final lesson,RedpoleQ gave us some tools and ideas that we would need for when we go into deep comfort with a girl.Among these is the Hero Story

Now,I'll admit,for someone who used to write short stories as a bobby in high school,my creative juices have really dried up in the last 6 years.Not to mention I've always considered my life to be pretty downright boring and unxeciting.So it took me awhile to come up with my own hero story.However,when I did,man I come up with a good one.And,being secure enough in my masculinity,I'm not afraid to admit that it's an emotional one,and I started to tear up when telling it.

After the lesson was finished,it was time for gaming sets.

The first set I opened was a 3 set sitting in Pascucci.I AI'd my wing,OCEAN,and stacked forward.my targte was on the inside corner towards the window,with the other obstacle in between,so I used the obstacle to learn about the target.I qualified her for being a caring person,and good with people(she's studying to be a nurse).eventually,I number closed the target by asking for a picture she took on her phone of me and the obstacle.Me and OCEAN tried to bounce them to a donut shop,but couldn't,so we ejected.

The second set (a 2 set in Pascucci) didn't go well at all.I opened and did a BT spike,then AI'd OCEAN again.However,this set didn't hook right at all,as one of the girls just said:

HB:we have to go now. Yeah,emphasis on the now

ouch.

another memorable set was a 2 set on the street.The target was cute,about a hb7.However,the obstacle was the equivalent of a Korean ogress,but shorter.I had the target hooked well,but my wng The Piece looked like he'd rather have been going through a root canal.BlueMystery had us eject to save The Piece from further torture.

one of the last sets I opened was in a store.I opened the 2 set by picking up the same leopard print dress the target was holding

Caspian:What do you think of this dress for my little sister?

HBshopper:um,what?

Caspian:This dress,for my dongsaeng.yes?no? *thumbs up or down motion*

HBshopper:Oh,yes!

Caspian:what about on me,looks good? *motion to display the dress against me

HBshopper and obstacle:lol

Caspian: lol

damn it,I can't stp laughing,it's too funny.

due to it being so funny and I couldn't stop laughing,the set was lost.Oh well

The last memorable set of the day was opened by the Piece.He AI'd me,and I handled the oh so cute obstacle.I BT spiked,and went into qualification.

Caspian:So what do you do in Korea?

HBmartial artist:I teach taekwondo.I teach it in English.

whoa,that's awesome

Caspian:really?

BlueM:Really?!? you teach tae kwon do in English?

apparently BlueM,who was observing,couldn't resist himself when this awesome bit if info was revealed,lol

after we were done openeing set after set again,we all met up at Krispy Kreme for the debrief.

things I did well:

Felt more comfortable in day game than the previous day

Opened more sets than the previous day

I quit hesitating as much before opening

I timebridged and #closed

my kino go better as the day went on

things I will improve:

Kino

Stacking Forward

Locking In

Keeping the entire set engaged

Less thinking,more doing

realizations:

Daygame is easier than I thought it was the previous day

Girls in coffee shops are bored and want to be opened

Sometimes the boyfriend line just means I need to try harder

Timebridges don't work if you don't seed well

Girls who do martial arts are a turn on

After the debrief,we all bounce to a restaurant to eat Sam gyeop sal and kalbi.mmmmm,kalbi.We were also finally allowed to have some beer.YAAAAAAAYYY!!!

During dinner,RedpoleQ had of all the trainees critique each other,and tell how we thought of each other,and how we all watched each other improve.I started to get a little misty eyed again. I'm such a crier

Finally,we al chose to change our previous PUA handles,as we all felt like we had made significant changes over the past weekend,and were no longer the same persons we were at the beginning of Friday night.

Previosuly,my handle had been Leto1776.Leto is one of the main characters in the Dune chronicles books,and 1776 had come from my patriotic side.Digging deep,I thought of another book I had recently read:the Chronicles of Narnia:Prince Caspian.During the story,Caspian has the goal of leading the Narnians and becoming king someday.During his journey he faces many obstacles and seeks help from others to learn what it means to be a leader.

So,having felt like I'm on a journey not unlike the Prince's,I became Caspian.And the true journey is only just beginning :D