Pickup Asia Forums

Bootcamp FR: Harland. - Osaka 07, Fri-Sat. April 20-21

Allusion

Bootcamp field report by Harland (April 20-21)

*My native tongue is not english so pardon the spelling errors (if any).

First a little background. I've been on the community for around 6 months but with almost no sarging experience. I'm not bad looking and have good japanese skills, but I've been suffering from approach anxiety that prevented me to talk to strangers. I heard good things about the Osaka Crew so I decided to get out of my comfort zone and give the bootcamp a try.

I got to the meeting place, and soon noticed 2 foreign guys talking and smiling to a jgirl, so I supposed these should be RedpoleQ and Allusion. As I joined the group and introduced myself, Allusion was doing some magic. Soon after that, Gary, a cool guy from England that was taking the bootcamp too, arrived, RedpoleQ number-closed the jgirl and we all moved to McDonald's. Once there, RedpoleQ and Allusion shared some game theory and we talked about our goals, backgrounds and the type of girls we liked.

I was a little nervous, because I knew that in any time the guys were gonna ask me to approach. And so it was. Gary was opening a 2-set seated near us and I was winging him. As I talked to one of the girls, it felt like reality blured (maybe the adrenaline?), but as the interaction progressed I felt a little more confident. As we ran the set, RedpoleQ was giving us instructions of what to do.

After that, I opened a 1-set asking where can I buy an "omiyage". It was a pretty girl, HB8 who was reading a book, so I stacked forward asking about the book. Then I ran The Cube which she liked, but I made the mistake of saying something like "sorry to bother you". As it came out of my mouth, I realized that it was a very bad thing to say hahaha. I ejected, but Allusion told me that despite of my mistakes, I should had number-closed her. The guys pointed out that I was leaning-in and talking too fast, guess I was too eager to keep the girl's attention.

After McDonald's, we went to a bar. The guys instructed me to approach a 2-set seated at the bar. I opened with a lame but sincere question, I asked them if they knew if drinking RedBull was bad for you health haha. Anyway, I introduced Gary and he took the obstacle. We worked them like 20 mins then ejected and moved to a club.

Once in the club, RedpoleQ told me to open a 4-set that was on the dance floor but I didn't open with enough energy (it was very loud) and they ran away. After that I moved to a more quite place and approached a HB5(!?), well it was all for practice. I locked-in and had a fun talk, then I tried to merge her with a 3-set Gary was sarging. I liked more the girls on Gary's set so I focused my attention on them...the HB5 disappeared soon. RedpoleQ told that I need to engage the whole set, not just the ones I liked.

I took 2 of the 3 girls of Gary's set (so he can isolate his target) and ran some palm reading and the Ring routine, dropped a couple of negs too. I was locked in a wall and having a lot of fun. I grabed both of them in my arms and told them that all the girls in the room where so envious of them haha. I felt cool, RedpoleQ and Allusion congratulated me for that.

Later I had a couple of hard 2-sets, they basically ignored me. I couldn't lock in well, I felt rejected and it showed in my body language. RedpoleQ came to grab my shoulder to prevent me from rocking. Then he demostrated and engaged the sets, getting a better reaction that I did. Amazing.

Time to move on, I went to the bar and locked in. Aproached a 2-set (HB7&HB8) asking what they were drinking. Ran a couple of routines and introduced Gary. I came to the realization that I do better when I'm locked in, I need to be fixed to something haha.

RedpoleQ and I moved near the dance floor, and I approached a mixed 3-set (generic jguy,HB9,HB7). I really liked my target (HB9) but I first engaged the jguy as RedpoleQ told me to. After 2 minutes, the jguy tried to take the girls away. First I huged them all, then I AMOG him by tapping the top of his head while saying "good boy, good boy" hahaha. RedpoleQ told me to lean back and stay cool, so I did. The jguy took the HB7 and my target came back to me, now she was isolated! I entered confort with her talking about childhood memories and having kino, it was all cool. Number-closed her (my first of the bootcamp!) talk a little more then eject. Later that night, I bump on her again. She was going home so we said goodbye, hug and kiss on the cheek, awesome. Allusion and RedpoleQ saw this, they were smiling and shaking my hand haha. Their pupil was improving.

Then I winged Gary a set but don't remember much. Nothing interesting happened I guess.

The final set of the night was inside some sort of cave, it was a 2-set (HB7, HB8). Gary just entered the cave and seated with them. He had great energy and a friendly smile so the set opened well. After a couple of minutes, he introduced me and I got into set with the obstacle. Very nice girls. Ran the "we're getting married" rutine, did a couple of takeaways, got her contact info and a kiss on the cheek. Allusion was just outside of the cave yelling me to stack forward and kino her more. (Because of my social programming, I was not used to touch a girl I just met). There was time to go, we say goodbye and leaved the club. (BTW, Gary didn't number close his target (HB8)...Today I got an email from her!! it seems that she liked me but couldn't talk to me because I was with her friend!, sorry Gary, haha)

We went to a restaurant to debrief, I was tired, and with my voice weared out. But to my surprise, my approach anxiety was also weared out!!. Around 6am I was back at the hotel.

Saturday we met at 3pm at Starbucks. There were 2 new guys: Dave and Beto. I was sleepy but excited to continue sarging.

As soon as I arrived and got introduced to the new guys, RedpoleQ told me to open a 4-set seated next to our table. I did. In order to get next to my target (HB8.5) I exchanged places with one of the girls in the set. Ran the ring routine and make her laugh. As I ran game on her, Allusion and RedpoleQ were explaning to Beto and Dave what I was doing. Soon after, Dave, Gary and Beto joined the interaction and had the other girls handled. We tried to bounce them to karaoke but couldn't. I tried to number-close my target but she told me that she has a boyfriend so I gave up. (Allusion and RedpoleQ told me later that I shouldn't give up so easily and try harder). After Gary number-closed his girl, we departed to another coffee shop.

There, RedpoleQ and Allusion shared some more game theory and great tips with us. RedpoleQ told me to open a 1-set HB8.5 without saying a word. I just seated, smiled and say nothing for 8(?) seconds. At first she was like "WTF?" but then she breaked into a smile. I introduced myself and started talking. It really was a "movie moment", so cool. She was very interested in me and asking a lot of questions. I number-closed her and went back to the boys. I was in high spirits.

Allusion told me to open a 3-set seated behind me. Since it's not good to approach from behind, I went for a glass of water then back and opened with the C-smile U-smile routine, but I guess I didn't deliver it propertly and the girls where like "What?". I was late to lock-in also. They weren't responsive, I tried a little more but couldn't get through so I ejected.

There was a 2-set on the next table seeing the whole approach. RedpoleQ told me to approach them next saying, "you are stalking too much". This was the first set I didn't want to approach, I mean, they just saw me approaching another group of girls!! Anyway I did as RedpoleQ told me and pushed forward. I got smiles but no conversation at all. I think RedpoleQ just wanted me to feel the social pressure, damn haha.

We moved back to Starbucks where we would meet Kid44. While waiting, I approached a 2-set. I introduced Gary and called him in. Nice girls, one of them was seemed nervous tough. As Gary and I ran game on the set, Kid44 arrived so it was time to go.

Allusion and RedpoleQ briefed Kid44 and leaved. Kid44 was taking us to an international party so we went to take the subway. He asked us to walk 10 steps behind him so we could see the reactions of the people around. His walking was like magic. I saw a lot of people turning their heads to see him.

We arrived at the party. Kid44 told us to focus on being social and friendly and touch everyone. Instead of looking for HBs, I tried to talk to guys and girls equally. I approached mixed sets and was friendly talking about "regular" topics. I had fun and number-closed 3 girls.

We leaved the party and headed back to a restaurant to meet RedpoleQ and Allusion. There, Kid44 commented on everyone's performance and gave us some great tips. He told me that I need to kino more.

On the way to the club, Allusion was talking about how you need a strong frame to improve your game. He suggested to think and act just like James Bond, great advice. As soon as we entered the club I opened a 3-set and locked-in, then introduced Gary. I was seeing improvement in my game, I was smiling more and acting cooler with better body language. I number-closed my target.

RedpoleQ asked me to open a 2-set (HB9&HB7) and bring Beto in. For some reason Beto took my target (HB9) haha, so I stacked forward with the HB7. We played the wrong questions game, I made her laught a lot, and we were doing kino. I could have easily number-closed her but they went dancing and I wasn't that interested in her.

I took a break and went to the convenience store to buy a pen (lost mine) and a lollipop. I thought it would be cool to hang around with a lollipop. It worked! I was getting more looks that before.

With the lollipop in my mouth I approached a 2-set of korean girls (HB8&HB6.5). I'm into korean girls so I was very excited. I engaged both of them but the obstacle was kinda absent haha. I stacked forward anyway and started to get good responses. Then Gary came in and took the obstacle for me. I tried the trust test, but I made the mistake of doing it too consciously and my target didn't respond well. I was doing kino though... They had to meet some other friends so we let them go.

Soon after the koreans leaved, Gary opened a 2-set and I winged him. We were getting better at isolating, as soon as I got in the set we separated the girls. BTW, my lollipop seemed to be a great item for peacocking! I was getting comments from everyone. Anyway, the 2-set leaved but I got to grab one of their friends that was passing by. I isolated her, ran the "we're getting married" rutine/etc. Number-closed her and moved on.

I was locked-in the wall and stopped a moving 2-set, they were pretty (HB9&HB8.5) so I opened with a neg, but they didn't take it well haha, they say it was so impolite. I push them lightly and they leaved.

I went to the bathroom and bumped into RedpoleQ. We visited the dance floor looking for new sets, I found a 2-set (HB6&HB8.5) and locked-in. RedpoleQ winged me and took the obstacle, he even shook off a jguy that tried to block us haha. It was so loud in there that we took our girls hand in hand to a quieter place. I liked my target a lot, the kind of girl I would make my girlfriend. I went into comfort and was getting good responses. I was doing some kino but RedpoleQ kept yelling at me to do it more. She said that she needed to go and check on her friends, but RedpoleQ told me to ignore that and keep going, so I did. She stayed! WTF. Finally I number-closed her.

I approached a 2-set (HB8.5&HB6) that was nearby. I was getting the attention of the HB8.5 but the obstacle was kinda bitchy. I called Gary and he helped me out a few minutes but without much luck. I tried to number-close her but she said some lame excuse.

I went out for a break and bumped into the korean girls (yeah!). I have been in Korea once and like their culture, so my interest in them was sincere. We went to McDonald's to grab a bite (My first bounce!). Number-closed one of them.

Got back at the club and found RedpoleQ and Beto, they were looking for me. Once I told them where I was they congratulate me. Then I told Allusion who also gave me props. We regrouped and went to breakfast. We had one last meeting and discussed our performance, what we improved and what needed to be worked out more. We all were very happy with the whole experience.

This weekend was one of the most exciting weekends of my life. I realized a ton of things and changed the way I view social interactions. You know, they say that when you are about to die you see your life pass before your eyes. I'm sure I'm gonna see some moments I lived this weekend when that time comes.