Pickup Asia Forums

Tokyo BootCamp Field Report Jan30-Feb01

Trigger

Hey y'alls!

I completed my bootcamp last week and there isn't one adjective I could use to describe the experience. It was informative, mind-altering, fun, tough, revealing, and life-changing all rolled into one.

First off, I would like to thank RedPoleQ and New Light for all of their time and effort. I'm not the easiest person to introduce new stuff to and they got me out there and crammed the total amount of girls that I approached all last year into about a night or so.

Also, much love to everyone I met from the community during my bootcamp. They were ALL cool guys. One thing that really stood out was that everybody was there to have a good time while helping each other. A lot of my friendships have been largely based on ragging on your buddies and bringing them down in someway. Who knew that you could have friends who were largely supportive and still have a good time?

That alone made me reevaluate some of the people that I have been hanging out with.

Anyway, we started out on Friday and TGI Friday's. I met Casanova (my wing) and New Light. Had a little dinner and RedPoleQ went into the seminar portion of our bootcamp. Very informative. We got a little demo in Kino.

It was pretty cool/funny because while RedPoleQ is giving his talk, the girl who was there was totally clueless about what was going on, but yet see was enjoying herself.

RedPoleQ had me open a 5 set at Friday's. Wasn't too bad because they were having a birthday party there. I talked to them and brought the guys over to say happy birthday.

Next we went down to Heartland. Not a big fan of the place myself, but who cares. I tried to open a 2 set there with Takoyaki opener. No commitment so I was pretty much ignored. Tried again. Same result. Then RedpoleQ opened them up and I wasn't amazed per se, but I was still trying to figure out difference in what he was doing and what I was doing. I've got a better handle on 'why' now, but didn't at the time. I tried to open another group, same shit. I got bought in by my wing to some chubby HB6. That went ok. I got into qualification and New Light was correcting my Kino (which would be a constant point of the bootcamp and has become a constant point of my life) We ejected and left Heartland to go to Muse. I started to realize that this would be a long weekend.

We went to Muse and we did the club tour. I've been there a bunch of times but I've never taking the time to walk through the whole club. Shit, I did know that there was a downstairs! We (or at least I) made a few meager attempts to open a few sets. Basically, I was told (and I agree) that

*****if I commit to what I am saying and doing it doesn't come off as a cheesy pick-up line! You gotta sell it baby!

We hooked this set sitting down next to the bar HB6 and a HB4 fat. Mad props to Casanova for winging that one! Got to qualification, she told me that she wanted to go into business for herself making aroma therapeutic candles. Not bad. We ejected.

Went on to open some other sets. I can't remember them all, but I remember getting my first 'My boyfriend coming' or some other bullshit. RedPoleQ told me to sit down and keep going. Eventually I got into a conversation with her. I don't remember what happened but after 15mins or so she went of to dance salsa. My her friends came back. I went on the other side of the padded seats and swapped out with Phoenix. That went pretty well. She was cool. Not my type but cool.

I'm sure that we talked to some others, but I'll get to the two I remember the best. I opened a two set. Nice tall Chinese girl HB 7.5 who spoke English very well and some other chick maybe a HB4. Anyway, the opener fell flat, she was like 'That was a horrible pick up line!' So I said 'Well, let's hear yours!' I just kept talking and eventually she started to laugh and I created a few BT spikes. Here I learned

******The importance of Plowing!

I didn't really engage the other girl enough and I think RedPoleQ came over to save that set. I talked to few for a while and I kept getting instructions from RedPoleQ 'What's cool about this girl? Qualify! If your not Kino-ing your not sarging!'

Not the last set but the most memorable set of the night, I or Casanova opened a 3 set at the bar. I met a HB9. I spun her so I could steal her place at the bar. She put up a little resistance, but I kept going. She was hella cool. She designed dog clothes, had nice biceps, surfed and she was money on the half pipe (snowboarding).

After that we went downstairs to open 2-3 more sets. They all hooked, but nothing happened worth mentioning.

We debriefed over ramen and I realized that I would be very tired the next day. In hindsight, getting a hotel in the area would have been a good move, but I rode the train all the way back to Yokohama and got about 4.5 hours of sleep.

Day 2--We met up in Shinjuku and had our seminar portion in Starbucks near a bookstore and a crazy stuff for your home store. Since I had never done day game, the idea of kino-ing in public was pretty weird. To be honest, I might hold hands with a girlfriend, but PDA (Public Displays of Affection) has always been something that was strange to me.

Anyway Day-Game by far was the hardest thing for me to do. I guess absent the music, drinks, smoke, and dancing that the club provides, the quiet atmosphere allows your internal voice to be heard a lot more, and you get this weird NON EXISTENT feeling that you should be quite and everybody is watching you. Shit I should care about, but I realize that I do.

I don't remember how many sets I opened that day, but I felt that they all sucked. In reality, they probably weren't all that bad. My approaches were half-assed, my body language screamed 'weirdo' and kino was absent. I reapproached a few girls, but I wasn't feeling it.

It wasn't as bad as I could have imagined, so that was good. I just had a lot of trouble getting over the weirdness of it all. I spent way too much time in my own head thinking. I was trying to think of shit to say rather than having fun. Anyway more on that later.

We had a break and I went to an internet cafe to catch up on some Zzzzz, before we went to Camelot. I had actually been there a long time ago went it first opened. Very different place now. Anyway, I didn't know much about the place which was probably a good thing.

Did a seminar at Starbucks in Shibuya. It was wonderful watching RedPoleQ demo. The girl next to us could understand us so he busted her. There he taught us Strawberry fields, the question game and phase shifting.

After that we went over to Camelot and Casanova and I made half assed attempt at opening some girls in line. I think Casanova knocked one of them over at some point. Not quite sure.

A reoccurring theme of our bootcamp would be that he and I would open some sets horribly and shit wouldn't really go right. Then we would open a string of sets and they would go beautifully and it was all good. Nobody (at the time) could really put their finger on what was going on. I need more field data.

Sorry again. I gotta go to work. More later. I didn't intend for this field report to take so long, but there is so much to say! I appreciate your patience in advance.

Good FR

'What's cool about this girl? Qualify! If your not Kino-ing your not sarging!'

This Statement says it all.

In reading your FR the thing that stood out was kinoing, or lack thereof. Try doing any kinoing that is not too sexual and starting on the outside of her body (shoulders, upper arm... and escalating in over time)

I love kinoing it's my specialty I'd say;-)

The weirdness goes away with practice, especially for day game. At first my day game was WEAK, even weaker than my not especially good club game at first.

You hit the nail on the head about girls picking up on your internal state more during the day with less distractions and your increased feelings of weirdness. As you practice you will get more and more comfortable with being watched by spectators (it becomes fun and amusing), talking to girls anywhere (you will be comfortable, so they will be also) and kinoing (I'm still astounded how much kino and how sexual of kino you can do when it's done casually and comfortably).

'What's cool about this girl? Qualify! If your not Kino-ing your not sarging!'

Keep this in mind and it will take you far, honestly it isn't everything, but more advanced stuff doesn't come into it until you gain the comfort of USING qualification and kino well. You have to get them to want to stay long enough to get into comfort, bounce them, time bridge them, do some framing...

This was a good FR because you identified what you need to practice.

da vinci