Pickup Asia Forums

TOC Bootcamp Dec 7-9 Osaka

Beach Boy

TOC Bootcamp December 7-9

Finally got around to writing this bootcamp report. I had a great time doing it and hopefully this will give a bit of help to anyone considering taking a bootcamp in the future. It’s pretty lengthy, but then so is the bootcamp and that’s the point I want to illustrate.

My first word of advice: do not do what I did and be up late the Wednesday and Thursday nights before with girls. The bootcamp schedule is pretty tough and I went in already tired and wasn’t able to catch up on sleep. Actually ended up being totally drained on Saturday night, and getting sick on Monday.

Second, be ready for some whacked-out dreams. Both my Friday night and Saturday night dream sessions were bizarre.

And be ready to talk to a lot of girls. A lot! :D

By my count I ended up opening or winging around 50 sets and interacted in some capacity with about 100 women. I’ve listed the sets and girls below, but mainly just for those who are thinking about taking the bootcamp to see how many sets you potentially can end up approaching rather than a detailed report of each set. Unless otherwise stated, the set is run in Japanese.

Friday December, 7th

So we meet in the Starbucks in Umeda on Friday evening. RedpoleQ, Allusion, Kid44, Psycho Teddy Bear (PTB), Rockstar 2 and me. Later we would be joined by Little Drummer Boy (LDB). Introductions all around and chat about a bit of theory and instruction. Allusion tells me and Rockstar 2 to ‘assume attraction’. Move over to a café for a late bite and some more chatting. We’re told that tonight we will mainly be looking to work on our openers, attraction, and qualifying, while practicing kino and good body language. Here, in the café, we practice our openers. I decide to go open the two hotties over in the corner. Might as well go big.

1. 2 set in coffee shop. Practice set to feedback from the instructors and students. Was told to keep both feet on the floor and not cross my legs. And to lean back for the entire time to avoid ‘pecking’. The two hottest girls I saw that night.

Leave the café and say goodbye to Kid 44. Head over to Sam and Dave 4. On the way Allusion tells me to open a set on the bridge.

2. 3 set on bridge. Asked them ‘are you homeless?’ Small talk but they’re on the other side of a barrier, not so attractive, and let’s face it, hanging out on a bridge on a Friday after 11pm. Not necessarily a group I want to get to know. So I eject

Outside the club we are all sent to open sets that are mingling around.

3. 2 set from Nagoya out front of the club. Start busting out the heavy kino. One girl walked away. I eject and get a lecturing from Allusion. ‘Why did you eject?’ Engage the glam rock group of guys the girls say that they are with, and then back to the girls. But it’s very uncomfortable and not happening.

So now we’re getting ready to go into the club and I’m not feeling in a great headspace after what just happened. I’m definitely not used to girls walking, or running, away from me. Its almost certainly the fact that I’ve kinoed her so heavily, an area that will take until tomorrow night to get under control, and has got me thinking about it too much already. I try to shake it off and enter the club.

Inside the bar it’s just set after set. I can’t remember taking a break, except to go to the washroom. I think we headed in around midnight and stayed until 4am or so. But really I’m not sure. So what follows is pretty much a chronological listing of all the sets I can remember. I know that there are 2 or 3 before this first set but just can’t remember the details.

4. Single set, Kyoto fashion store employee. Stayed in set for about 15 or 20 minutes, but I wasn’t interested in her. That would be the theme of the night for me; I really wasn’t finding the girls here attractive. Anyways, good Japanese workout. Was pulled out by RedpoleQ.

5. 2 set, winged Rockstar 2. A couple of university English students from Kobe. Sarged in English. Best set of the night so far for having a good vibe between us and able to progress quite easily because of that. Qualified and kiss closed and was pulled out by Allusion. Feeling better.

6. A mixed 4 set at the pool table. Two girls and two guys. Opened the guys first and soon RedpoleQ and Allusion ran obstacle game on the guys while I opened the girls. Turns out my target is the gf of one of the guys. They’ve been together for a week. But she seems keen.

7. 2 set. Big tittied nurse and her nurse friend. Rockstar 2 comes into wing the friend. Kiss close and pulled out by Allusion. RedpoleQ mentioned later how he wanted to get her.

8. 2 set, opened with the girl from set 5 while walking around together looking for marriage partners for us both. Ended up with these 3 girls on my arms talking about having 30 kids between us.

9. 2 set, winged Rockstar 2. My girl spoke English. Perhaps Rockstar 2 made a mistake on the “bad girl”. His girl was horrible and spoke 0 English.

10. Single set, Thai girl at the bar. Very drunk

11. 2 set, winged Rockstar 2. A fighter and a fatty. Turned into a mixed 5 as their male friends were involved. After initial coldness, Rockstar 2 ended up getting the fighter to start showing interest in him. Good job. And while that was great, I was stuck running obstacle game on an UG. Had her tell me to leave her alone as I was kinoing her heavily. Unbelievable! I felt like telling her she should be happy that I was touching her, that any guy in the place was touching her. I need to work on my wingman game coz that was hard to keep her occupied and let Rockstar 2 sarge.

12. Mixed 5 set, 2girls. One girl coughed a bunch of shit all over my jacket and headed off to the washroom. Thanks honey. After the second girl cooled down I engaged the guys and ignored the girl as per Allusion’s instructions. Turns out I can do that well. Maybe too well. She eventually left.

13. 2 set, girl in a brown dress and another in a black dress. Opened with a poke to the stomach on both of them. Not much convo as I was getting pretty tired of talking in Japanese for so long. So just poking and tickling, both ways. Then the girl in the black dress started taking photos of us, and LDB took some as well.

14. 2 set to the right of above. Unmemorable

15. 2 set. Near closing time, one of the girls fell asleep. Was pulled out as it was time to get rolling.

16. Single set, opened while waiting for Rockstar 2 to number close.

Wow, a lot of Japanese speaking tonight. Not neccessarily my strength but good to know I can do it.

It’s funny reading LDB’s bootcamp report that he says me and Rockstar 2 had 8’s cooing over us all night. I guess the rating scale is subjective. In my opinion, the girls here were not that good. The only 8 or above was the black dress in set 13 and she was super hyper like she was on 20 red bulls. Or more likely, speed.

Left the club feeling a bit bummed out. Felt I got negative reactions from girls that I would never talk to. That is, I only talked with them because it was a bootcamp and it was practice. My congruency of looking interested and progressing the sarge with girls I have no interest in is not good. I’m sure the girls picked up on it and since I felt bad about it while it was happening, I’m sure I was giving off a bad vibe. The times when I was enjoying myself things went well.

Also felt that I was grabbing girls rather than creating a physical connection with the kino.

I went back to the hotel to sleep and told myself that it would be better tomorrow.

Saturday, December 8th

Woke up around noon and wrote down a few things I would do better today. Wanted to maintain a positive head space and realize that this was a good time to practice. And not to let a bad reaction bother me as I’m trying new things. To remain comfortable and to have fun.

We meet up again at the Starbucks at 3pm and get at it.

17. 2 set, winged Rockstar 2. A couple of university volleyball players in line buying coffee. Nice! Already things are looking better. Pulled out by RedpoleQ.

Have a quick meeting about day game. Today’s goal is to bounce a set out of the coffee shop. We talk about seeding and kino again. And go over a few differences between night and day game.

18. 2 set. A couple of young girls taking a break from doing Christmas shopping. Turn out to be a bit too young maybe. First year HS students.

19. Single set. A restaurant cook waiting for a friend. 50% in English. Use a little more gentle kino and it works better.

20. 2 set that became a 3 set of travel agency OL’s. Winged by LDB. This set lasted a long time. Again, about 50% in English. It took me a while to hit the hook point with my target as she was definitely stand-offish at first. But when it did hook, it went very well. Plowing in action. LDB and Allusion mentioned later that there were 2 very different conversations and dynamics going on at the table at the same time. LDB with the obstacles and me getting into comfort with the target. LDB did a great job winging and I could focus on and enjoy my target the entire time. Ended up getting a bounce but it fizzled out later.

So this was really the first time I’ve run game in the daytime. My game is very much night game and social circle game and I do pretty well with both of those. It was a new experience for me, but I felt good about the results and left the coffee shop feeling better and also feeling good about tomorrow. Also think that the positive mindset I wanted to bring to today definitely helped out. You get out what you put in.

Time to head back to the hotel, get some sleep, and get ready for tonight.

Outside the mall

21. 2 set, opened by RedpoleQ, who then handed his girl over to me as Rockstar 2 sarged her friend.

22. 2 set on the way back to the subway station.

Woke up about 9:45pm and felt terrible. Would have canceled if this was just a regular night out with the boys. But I figure if I can push myself through when I feel like this, then when I'm healthy it'll be easy. Meet up where we left off, outside the mall, and walk over to McD’s. LDB is with us also. Chat with Allusion while ordering an O.J., when we head upstairs RedpoleQ is with a two set. He ejects giving the set to Rockstar 2, and I jump in on the other side.

23. 2 set, university students studying for upcoming tests. Goes well, we stay in the set for about 20 minutes or so, until its time for the store to close.

Not so much theory or instruction at McD’s, we head over to Sazae. A much better club for me. The girls are much better looking here and I feel way more comfortable in this club. I’m guessing we arrived before midnight and stayed until closing which was around 3pm.

24. 2 set, seated. Spin them and take their chairs. The set hooks, but they gotta leave to catch the last train. Nothing special, so just say goodnight.

25. 3 set, winged Rockstar 2. Another group of plain Janes, but the set hooks again and the girls are genki.

26. 2 set, hired guns. Open them and get them to come down off the stage. Lead them away to go to the 2nd floor. They are keen and start to come but their boss pulls them back and says they can’t leave as they’re working.

27. 2 set. This set never hooked. I was way too grabby with the kino. Had RedpoleQ stand right next to me and grab the girl and pull her into him. Then had me do the same thing. Then he showed me another kino move, and again had me do the same thing. All the while this girl is getting tossed around like a rag doll. I’m sure that would have been an incredible sight to have seen for anyone who didn’t know what was going on.

28. Mixed 3 set, 2 girls, winged Rockstar. From Kyoto, Rockstar 2 definitely grabbed the cutie this time.

29. 2 set on the stairs to the second floor. ‘How old are you?’ ‘I’m 17!’ Massive BT spike. RedpoleQ told me it was too much. Obvious by the fact that the girls are looking a bit hysterical as they jump around like lost chickens.

Allow me to pump my own ego for a bit here. I have a look that some of the j-girls like. Works well for me. So for other guys out there in a similar situation here’s something that really helped me from this bootcamp. After this last set RedpoleQ tells me that I don’t need to pump the girls BT so much. It’s already high. In fact, what I need to do is bring it down for a while and I can always pump it slightly later if I feel it is dropping too much. What I had been doing as he puts it is: ‘frying her circuits’. He decides it’s better if I just chill right out, speak very slowly, and move a little as possible. Come in at the same energy as the group but bring it down quickly.

30. 2 set, winged Rockstar 2. This set hooks very quickly and RedpoleQ pulls us out to give some instruction.

At this point RedpoleQ has another breakthrough and realizes that perhaps I don’t need to kino so hard. That the girls are already attracted to me, and by me pulling and pushing the girls away too hard I’m actually pumping their BT too high and its again causing them to fry their circuits and eject. Additionally, when I push the girls away they could be taking it as an IOD and ejecting. So we decide its best for me to chill it down with the kino also and be gentler.

It works great. I’m more comfortable with it, as that’s what I regularly do, and the girls seem to be more receptive to it too. Things go better with it from here on. :D

31. 2 set. I popped into the washroom and come back to run obstacle game on a set opened by Rockstar 2. Turns out RedpoleQ had told him to grab an ugly girl for me.

He did well.

32. 2 set. Used the ugly girl to get introduce to a couple of hotties next to me. Surprised looks all around.

33. 2 set. The first set of the night in English. Goes well. End up number closing, kiss closing and time bridged for a coffee shop meet at 4am. Also got introduced as the set turned into a 4 set. Had RedpoleQ tapping on my back to illustrate the slowness with which he wanted me to talk. So I’m gaming this girl while he’s tapping on my shoulder way, way slower than the music that is playing. Again, I’m sure it would have been an interesting sight to see.

At this point, it’s probably close to 1:30am and I am done. Got a bad headache and super tired. You know your own body and I knew that I was getting sick. Needed to get back to bed ASAP. Asked Rockstar 2 to open a few sets for a while.

34. 2 set, winged Rockstar 2. We isolate and both qualified them with the same bit. Allusion got a chuckle when he asked ‘why does this guy like you’ and both of then answered ‘because I’m like his little sister’

35. 3 set, winged Rockstar 2. He hooked the target but when we got an interrupt (we were gaming in front of the door to the DJ booth and it opened to break up our group for a second) the UG pulled the target away ‘Never underestimate the power of the UG’- Allusion.

36. 5 set, winged Rockstar 2. This group never really hooked. No big deal.

Go to the washroom to splash some water on my face to make it through the rest of the evening. Got about an hour so to go. Get out and Allusion is waiting for me with another set to open. Surprise, surprise.

37. Mixed 3 set, 2girls. Allusion tells me to open the guy. I comment on his funky hat and we make small talk. Cool dude. He introduces me to his girlfriend. She introduces me to her friend who turns out to be a model. Thanks Allusion! Then the bf/gf leave and we’re left alone. Things go well. We’re speaking about 50% English. Lasts about 25 minutes. She asks me how often I come to Osaka. IOI. She asks what I do. IOI. I tell her I play beach volleyball. She tells me she works at some beach volleyball tourneys in Suma. IOI. Kino well, time bridge, she goes back to rejoin her friends.

38. Single set. Japanese Korean fashion girl. She opens me after seeing me with the model. All English. It’s getting easy now. Also lasts a while, 15-20 minutes. This girl is also smoking hot and a great body. Which I feel out with the newly re-acquired stealth like kino. Rock hard, she obviously exercises. A very low cut back on her top makes the kinoing all that easier. And a nice belly button ring which I pull her shirt up to look at. I’m bursting for a piss so I eject.

39. 2 set, winged Rockstar 2. Get out of the washroom again and Allusion comes over to tell me that he has been winging Rockstar 2 and turns out the girl he’s chatting with is my ex-girlfriend. So while Rockstar 2 games one of her friends I easily run obstacle game with her. We end the night with massive social proof.

Go to a coffee shop to debrief. PTB tells us he got a drink poured on him and elbowed in the crotch, but that he had one of the best times of his life. Fantastic!

Tonight was much better than last night for me. The club was better, the girls were better, and while I am now in a vegetable-like state at this time in the morning, my overall attitude was better for the entire night. But I’m sure that the environment had a lot to do with that. Head back to the hotel with Rockstar 2 a little before 4am to get some needed sleep, and Allusion calls us while we’re in the cab to tell us the girls from set 33 show up to meet us. Right on time girls, nice job.

Psychedelic dream time.

Sunday December 9th

Up around noon to pack and check out of the hotel. But yep, this bootcamp is still going and we got one more day session to tackle. Down a couple of aspirins and grab some breakfast. RedpoleQ and PTB meet us at the hotel and we head over to the Tsutaya at Dotomburi to do some day game. No wasting time, we open sets right away, with the goal of bouncing.

40. 2 set, university students. I open and AI Rockstar 2 in. We hold the girls but soon their male friends show up, looking a bit surprised and angry. We don’t budge from the seats and the guys soon leave to get coffee, but when they come back they all leave the store together.

41. 2 set, winged Rockstar 2. Another group of students, this time from Nara. The set hooks but after 15 minutes or so, neither of us is interested in the girls. Allusion had shown up by this time and asks if we want to eject. We do, and we do.

42. 2 set, winged Rockstar 2. He had opened a set of 20 y.o. ganguro girls. I end up chatting with the blond one. Things seem to be going ok, not great, but ok. But then Rockstar 2’s girl pulls out a cell phone and pretends to be chatting to someone, only she isn’t. I eject us both and end it. Allusion asks why, and I tell him she was snubbing my wing. He explains that the girls stayed there. That means its still on. And it wasn’t my call to eject. Bad winging on my part.

43. 2 set. A couple of girls getting ready to travel to Spain. Easy for me to qualify, so this went well. In English. Hooked but the bounce was too big a step. Allusion suggests using smaller compliance steps building up to the location bounce. Bounce inside the store, different locations, then for coffee, then for a venue move. Makes sense.

44. Single set. Come back from the washroom and look to help out Rockstar 2, but Allusion send me into a single set. Turns out to speak great English and the set hooks almost immediately. This girl is really nice looking. Best of the day that I saw. Great smile. Aromatherapy masseuse. Thanks again Allusion. Bounced to 2 or 3 different places in the bookstore, then to the coffee shop, and over to a table for some qualification, comfort, and a time bridge and number close. This day game stuff is fun.

45. Single set. Another girl with good English. Maybe I should hang out in bookstores more often. Bounce around again for practice and eventually eject. I can’t really qualify her and lose interest.

46. Single set. 4th year law student. And yes, another English speaker. More in-store bounce practice. Her friend phones and she has to go meet her for dinner.

47. 3 set, winged PTB. Back to Japanese. Winging, but its getting easier now. I see the difference between plowing because you want the set to hook vs. running obstacle game so your wing can hook his target. I got a job to do when I’m the wing and thought I did it well in this set.

Off to McD’s for a final de-brief. Felt today went well. Bounced girls around quite easily. Got the number of the best girl I saw, and felt I did a good job winging at the end. So finished with a good feeling.

So, to wrap up, I’m happy I took the bootcamp. RedpoleQ and Allusion are a good combination and complement each other well as coaches. They both got me to do things I didn’t want to, but I feel will help my game. Thanks to you both. As I said I went into the bootcamp a bit tired and was definitely wiped out by the end. It took me the better part of the following week to get healthy again, but that time allowed me to process the info that I been overloaded with. I feel much more aware of what I need to do, and confident that I can do it. It’s one thing to read about this and think you can figure it all out yourself. But it’s quite another thing to have experienced guys who can spot your mistakes and point them out and maybe even fix them as they happen. That’s the big value of the bootcamp for me.

Edited by Guest

Fuck! You're amazing, you remembered everything. How?

No drinks for the whole weekend bro. My memory was pretty clear. Know that there's a couple when we first got to the club on Saturday that I'm missing, but no big deal.

we should meet up some time and go terrorize an event

Good idea! I'm going home for the holidays but for sure in the New Year

That's a good field report beach boy, the amount you remember is impressive. Set 10 that really wasted Thai lady, threw herself at me too, but I was afraid I would wind up holding her hair while she puked, not my idea of a good time, besides she wasn't very attractive, though she did have a nice body. At the end of the night I saw her again ON MY TRAIN home, still conscious and having the right parts I decide to try to bounce her to my place. Didn't work as she had to meet her sister for something in Kobe at 9 am, not great loss , but hey she was there,so I thought I'd practice.

Just curious, your old gf, is she one of the "Shanghai Dolls"?

The more detailed your fr's are the better and faster you can learn from what you do well, and what you have to better. You are so right about Sazae, it's my favorite club, and I just read something that says it is closing soon:-?

ldb

• 1 month later...