Pickup Asia Forums

FR: Seoul Bootcamp 6/19-6/21 2009

Just got back into Seoul, and after hearing countless good reviews from people and knowing RedpoleQ personally, I decided to take a bootcamp with PickUpAsia. To be honest, I didn't really know what to expect to begin with. I thought it would be pretty laxed and I even joked about it with BlueM to bring the camera out....

Boy was I in for a treat... Sitting here typing this on my computer now I feel like I went through a transformation this weekend. Not only did the bootcamp help my gaming skills, it also helped me see things in a way that will potentially change my life...

Day 1- Gecko's

The first venue we meet at is Gecko's and the pre-bootcamp note taking begins. We go over our intros and we cover material which dealt with Attraction and Bt spikes. Two very important aspects when gaming in Korea. Then, we went over our questionnaires about what kind of women we were looking for and the lifestyle we wanted.

Afterwards, we head out to the first venue my bootcamp partners would be Viking and Prophet.

JJ's

This was pretty intense as in I had BlueM and RedpoleQ down my back in many of the sets I was opening that night. I was having some trouble calibrating the bt spikes and attraction, but I kept with it... The first few sets went pretty bad the AI's for my wings weren't down pat and the kino, kino made it a bit difficult for me. I had trouble kinoing like RedpoleQ and BlueM wanted me too...

There were so many sets ran that night and I had to take each set the farthest it would ABSOLUTELY go and at times I wondered if I would get hit or something (I didn't get hit once during the bootcamp.) RedpoleQ made an interesting comment that if their staying their playing so stay in the set.

The goal of the night was simply open, attract-bt spikes very imp, qualify. No number closes AT ALL and no alcohol during the bootcamp. I usually have some beers at the venue, but I would later realize that having that beer in the hand fucks up the kino escalation process. Also, my previous knowledge of material threw me off at first. The material taught at PickUpAsia is different from the stuff I had learned.

Sets

Now on to the sets there were so many that I lost count, but I'll hit the ones that were memorable...

5 set

There was a 5 set of hb's that I was told to open that were outside of JJ's. I went in hit with the opener, threw in the bt spikes, and acknowledged everyone in the group... I took my targets hand and lifted her up from where she was sitting then moved her into an isolated area and was able to lock in... My other wings came in and occupied the other girls in the set. I repeatedly threw in bt spikes, and qualified my target. Stayed in set for quite a while...

HB Bounce

Opened a two set outside and made sure to engage the friend kinoed them... Brought my wing Prophet into the set to handle the obstacle. Made sure to bt spike and kino... Set was going pretty well and she had traveled which I made sure to run during qualification. RedpoleQ would come into our sets asking us some things we liked about our sets...

It was going well so I bounced her to another part of the venue because she didn't know what palm trees were. There was one in the middle of the area we were at. From there, we moved over to another part of the venue. I kept kino'ing, but I felt I was a bit stiff with it at times and I need to work on making it more relaxed. We moved to another area and the set began to fizzle out... Remember the rules no number closes yet!

HB I want it

I opened a two set outside and made sure to kino both of them (open, attract) locked in and brought my wing Prophet into the set. This was an HB8 short nice bod, and was down with all the kino. Had both my hands on her and ran qualification... She spoke really good English. Obstacle wasn't having it with my wing and the they left... Aww she was a hottie, too o well more to come Wink

HB Kyrgyzstan

This was inside when the outside sets began to fizzle out... She was walking with her friend and I stopped the two of them... She was pretty keen, but the friend was in a bad mood... Viking later came into the set, but again the friend wasn't having it... Ran attract/qualification with my target and she was from Kyrgyzstan and in Seoul on business. She was very playful and touched my stomach after saying "Wow you work out?" Friend came back and they had to go... End of the set.

End of Night-McDonald's

Debriefed at McDonald's with RedpoleQ made sure to take down the notes I had.

5 Things I Did Well

1. Plowed all night and didn't drink (I'm a social drinker)

2. Got a good second wind towards the end

3. Put together good bt spikes

4. Isolated a target in a 5 set

5. Qualification game

5 Things I Will Improve On

1. Staying in set

2. Kino escalation

3. Moving sets

4. Locking in

5. Be louder in the venue

Day 2

Things we went over- comfort, p.i.e, seeding/setting timebridges and bounces

Coex-Day Game Session

We meet with RedpoleQ and get some grub. Afterwards, it's time for a session of daygame. The day game was a bit more relaxed than the night game session previously. RedpoleQ tells me to open a two seat seated two friends...

Seated Set

The purse was on the chair, but I just put it on the table and went into the set. I ran the opener, bt spike them, more attraction, brought my wing into the set...

I stayed in this one for a long time and I asked the magical question what are you guys doing? Which we were taught was key to know during day game so you knew how much time you had to work with. She was meeting with her other friend. Hit qualification nicely and ran my seed, but found out after I was supposed to seed different venues to find out which one she was more keen for to set up the timebridge/number close... Nonetheless, I was able to set up a timebridge for next week.

HB Promo Girl

Blue tells me to open an HB 8.5 with high stockings siting down by herself. Turns out she was working there as a promo girl hehe... Threw in my bt spikes after the opener, cold reads, and qualification... Made sure to seed/timebridge more for Gangnam next week... Number closed

These were probably the two best sets of the days... I ran others, but they weren't hooking too well... Also, needed to work more on our AI's with our wings.

5 Things I Did Well

1. I didn't give a care (I moved their purses haha)

2. Being more animated

3. Bt spikes

4. Staying with the sets

5. Two timebridges

1. Moving sets

2. Locking in

3. More energy

4. Winging

5. Daygaming more

Night Game Eden

We covered strawberry fields, sexualizing, phase shifting, questions game before we went to the bootcamp. Redpole asked if we had any questions and we were off to the venue. I was warned it was going to be tough... Boy was I in for a treat!

Once in the venue, it was the most intense club session I have ever experienced in my life. It was really tough because I had to push all my sets as far as they would go. And if I didn't, I could hear BlueM or RedpoleQ yelling in the background or coming into the set to do more kino... At times, I felt like I was going to be slapped by the Hb's. And, guess what, they didn't... There was so many sets that night, but I'll hit the memorable ones...

Locking in with two set at the bar

Redpole commented that he thought it was good how I locked in at the bar and worked this two set. I was able to open, bt spike, but lost the set somewhere. All I remember is this set being mentioned and how Redpole and NRG liked how good I looked in the lock in position.

HB English Speaker

Ran a good set with HB English speaker who has traveled and got into my locked position. Brought in my wing to handle the obstacle. Kino'ed my target, attract, qualify... Seeded and set up a timebridge for next week...

Afterwards, Redpole comments on the set. He tells me I am not being animated and thought my set was boring. Ok, I need to have more fun with the sets and find the bt spikes on something I think is funny. Like,

Me: O, you Busan girl.... Start laughing

Her: Started laughing (Good Bt Spike)

Me: You two middle school students (Point at each one)

Her: Started laughing

These were working for me and I realized some weren't. Noticed when the Bt spikes weren't thrown with a lot of energy and emotion the sets kinda fizzled out...

Plowed away the rest of the night... A thing I noticed is I lost two really good sets from using the spin move poorly. Might I add two sets that were kinoing me and giving me tons of compliance...

Worked with NRG afterwards by simulating the spin move on him... I was just spinning them with one hand and not using the other hand good enough to move her body. Got this down that and owning the set like BlueM mentioned...

Dance Floor Set

Opened a four set that were on the dance floor. Made sure to kino the group and brought my wing NRG into the set. I think Redpole came in later. I was bt spiking my target with emotion, kinoing her, and guess what? She was being really receptive! Also, pulled off a few spin moves with her and cold reads. Made sure to set up the seeds/timebridges after numberclosing. Made sure to pull out the phone have them add the number and call them and act like I'm talking to them on the phone. This was REALLY good for continuous bt spikes thx Redpole. Ejected the set afterwards.

That was some of the sets I remembered. There were so many that night. It was probably the most intense night of the bootcamp. I was pushed like I never was before. A life rewarding experience.

We head out of the venue and go to a noodle place to debrief...

5 Things I Did Well

1. Took criticism, accepted it and worked hard on making the changes

2. Kino'ed more

3. Locked in better

4. Plowed- pushed sets to the limit

5. Being more animated with my bt spikes

5Things I Need To Improve On

1. Wing Game- still felt I wasn't connecting as well as I should

2. Emotions- having more emotion in my sets

3. Keep the kino going

4. Speaking with the guys in the set- Redpole had me do this and noticed the Korean guys are pretty cool and you can get info on how they know the target.

5. Bring the party!!!!!!

Eden, was a big part of my transformation period in my mind....

Day 3- Myeondong

Myeongdong is a popular tourist spot in Seoul which has alot of J-Girls which Redpole has much experience in sarging. It was the last day, but I still had a little AA going in at the beginning. I knew it would go away and we discussed deep comfort game... We went over our hero stories and Redpole helped critique them to make them more effective in set.

Today we would- open, attract, qualify, pei, seed/timebridge or bounce, questions game/strawberry fields, hero story

Redpole asks if we have questions and we are off again! He tells us to scope out the venue so we head downstairs and he asks who wants to open the single set...

Single Set

There was this cute HB 7 seated down with some books out. I went in and opened, kinoed, bt spiked, cold read/qualified... She was there waiting for her friend... Had some paper out so I drew pictures of where I was from and remembered a good bt spike Bolo used to do. He would start to draw them. This did it and raised her bt. I went into qualification turns out she was studying to work as a flight attendant... She likes travel and has been some places, speaks good English... Made sure to throw multiple seeds...

I number closed after the timebridge and made her guess my name. Another thing i do is have them try to write their name on my hand for some kino... This worked well in this set. I ejected, but Redpole told me to go back in and run strawberry fields and questions game. I went back and did and it was fun... Let's just say I had a good time with this set. Her friend calls and she has to go... Redpole mentions I should have walked with her to go meet with her friend.

HB 9 Brown Hair

Redpole has me open an HB 9 walking by herself outside. I remembered from before to stop the moving set throw in the bt spikes, kino, ran some qualification. This girl was hot and with the stripes. Stayed in the set for some time. Did my seeds and timebridges for next week... She had to meet her other friends, again I should have gone along with her like Redpole mentioned..

HB Sisters

The last set was another HB 9 that I approached while doing street game. Again, I was able to stop them kino/bt spike/ call in my wing/ qualify/ lock in and kino more...

The kino was good with this set and she has traveled all over Europe, likes Planet Smoothie (one of my seeds)... This set went really well... We locked in good eye contact. She was studying to be an urban engineer and spoke English really well... Thing is she was busy studying for her exam but could meet after July 1st. No solid timebridge but follow up for next week... Another thing, my phone died so on NRG's advice I texted myself on her phone... Thx man... Her and her sister had to get home to catch the subway so after some time I ejected and gave her a hug....

Thanks for winging me Prophet great set... It all came together there!

Afterwards

Redpole opens a set of American girls and bounces them with us to Crispy Creme. BlueM's kino was good with his target Hb Italian/Filipino...

Debrief at Crispy Creme

5 Things I Did Well

1. Locking in

2. Wing Game

3. Plowing

4. Stopped two HB 9's from the street

5. Seed/timebridge/numberclose

1. Moving Sets

2. Seeds/timebridges

3. Lead into bounces

4. Wing Game- got better this time tho

5. Kino more Wink

5 Realizations Over the Course of the Bootcamp

1. I can do street game

2. I can handle some of the toughest venues in Seoul like Eden and I used to have a tough time at JJ's

3. HB 9's in Korea do know some English Wink

4. The importance of BT Spikes and how it can affect the outcome of the sarge

5. Even knowing a little Korean helps, I want to LEARN more!!

After Crispy Creme, we grab some galbi and are inducted as PickUpAsia Bootcamp alumni... It was a very emotional experience.

A Special Thank You to PickUpAsia for making this happen and RedpoleQ for making the trip to Seoul. You guys changed my life in so many ways this weekend. I have many goals that I plan to set for myself this year. A special shoutout to my new bootcamp brothers Viking and Prophet! Thanks for being there for me this weekend it was intense...

Sky is the limit...

Latin

Edited by Guest