Pickup Asia Forums

Boot camp Seoul, April 25-27, 2008

Ok, so I'm going to talk about the most ass-kicking week-end of my life (probably), I mean the boot camp in Seoul, 25/4-27/4

Friday Night, Hardrock Cafe

First meeting with everybody. Garrett, Tim, Jared and our instructors, Redpoleq and Ren. We chilled out for a while, waiting for other people. After a little theory on the first phases, we have to experiment opening in the Cafe. I go for a 2-set behind me, not far from a table of two guys. By the time I come to them, the girl is speaking to the guy. Shit. I sit down, kino a bit, loud voice and she switches instantly to me ^^ First victory tonight. I don't have that much approach anxiety, but it's only the beginning and I am a bit euphoric. Things are not going to be that easy…

Friday Night, JJ's

A while after midnight we head towards JJ's. Special event, we have to pay 30000W. We enter the place, and walk around the venue. A lot of nice sets. I made a team with Jared and Ren and go for opening a few sets.

First set, I go to see a girl alone at the bar. She doesn't look reluctant to my coming, but I feel uncomfortable so I eject quickly. I guess it's not bad for a start.

Jared opens a two set at a table. They are keen; we stay for 10-15 minutes. I try to kino a lot, and she is not really keen. Soon, we eject too.

Then we go to the live bar, and we see 2 girls sitting at a table. I sit next to one, and start talking to HB35. She is really cute and seems to be a bit older than me. I open well, fluff talk a bit, qualify as expected, and I try to kino. This is my bad point. She doesn't seem to mind. So I escalate, go for the lower back, pull her close to me. No reaction. I have to admit I was a bit confused; how can a girl let me do this? I realized later that it was just my beliefs. Ren is looking at us, and comes to me time to time to advise me. “Go for the kiss”. Well should I really do this? That time, I didn't want to, but now I think I could have done it. Like Ren said “in 5 minutes you will eject anyway”, so it's ok to be blown out. I just kissed her slightly on the ear, and she didn't react, which made me think Ren was right.

We tried a few other sets and we meet Redpoleq for a little debriefing. The place is crowded, we cannot walk fast. Redpoleq is angry ^_^ “What are you doing?? You are alpha males, you have to push people”. Then we see an Indian guy; "Please take me with you, I saw you, teach me"... Haha "Later, we're working now". So fun.

I try to open then a 2-set near the locker. I am talking to an HBCutie. I kino a lot. She doesn't seem to mind. Bluem told me afterwards he first saw a guy kinoing strongly that girl, and thought "how this guy is good, he must know how it works". He only realized a few seconds later that it was me. Thanks Bluem, that makes me really happy :D After, Redpole came a few time to us "Did you qualify? Do it" haha I love when he does this. Well after 15 min they leave. I should have bridged and closed, but it’s too late.

Friday Night, Spy Lounge

Then we leave the place (it's 3am, JJ’s closes) and we go to the spy bar. The weather is crazy. So is the taxi driver. "I don't care if I cry like a pussy; I don't want to die tonight" Lol Redpoleq. I enter the Spy Bar, I have a bad vibe. I try to open a 2-set, but they are not really keen. I try to plow. Well it doesn't seem to be working that much now. I watch Ren opening a girl asking her if she knows where to find socks for Ren cat's birthday. So funny.

I try to open another girl, looking for her friend. She is concerned about her so she ejects quickly. Too bad, I would have fucked her :)

I try to open a set of two HBrussian. The conversation is not going, but I keep plowing. They leave. Sigh...

Then I stand up, and try to speak to a girl standing. She is nice, she laughs, and she can speak good English. HBParis got a very tight t-shirt with an Eiffel tower on it. I talk, qualify, and try to isolate her on the couch next to us. She is willing to come, but she has to drive back her friends. "I'll come back in 20 minutes". Too late, I would have left at that moment.

Anyway, I join Jared how tries to open a set just before a fight starts. They leave. Too bad. Eventually, I see a girl next to the wall, and come to her. Her English is perfect, but she keeps showing me her back, and talks in a very fast Korean. I try to kino, to make her turn back, but I'm not aggressive enough.

5am, time to leave. We go to the MacDonald's for a debriefing. I learnt a lot. Running the first steps and how to kino. I had this revelation that night. Jared said that all the girls wanted him, which I couldn't agree less. Redpoleq told me to stop my fucked-up-attitude, and that there is a big difference between our perspectives. I thought only two girls (HB35 and HBCutie) were into me. Redploleq just told me that I was wrong. Only two girls wanted me two unzip my pants ^_^ that makes a big difference I guess. All the more than I start to believe it now. Its 6.30, time to go to sleep, the next day is going to be tough. I opened/went into at least (as I can remember) 11 sets. More than since I was born. Great!

Saturday afternoon, Starbucks COEX

I am late; I arrive at 3.15. I'm the first. I am stressed. I know that I will have to open a few sets in that place. I sit next to Redpoleq He asks me if I want to warm up and open the 2-set over there. I try to explain that I don't feel ready yet. I guess he misunderstood (maybe on purpose... :P) and sends me in. "Just tell you want to buy something for your friend's birthday, but you don't know which coffee cup to choose". I open. I feel sweaty. I feel creepy, but it seems to go well. I can hear Redpoleq shouting "Kinooooo~~~!!!" "Lock-in!!!". He comes to me and tells me to ask the girl to move so that I can sit. I am afraid to do this. She might think "Who does this guy think he is?" I ask. She moves; she smiles. Great! I sit between the two of them. I talk a bit, Garrett arrives, and they soon eject. I felt comfortable kinoing, especially after I saw what was possible (just look at Redpoleq, its awesome). We go for a briefing. We will have to bridge/bounce. Library <-> Starbuck. I'm stressed now. I have to open a girl alone. Ok I go. I ask for a Bulgogi place. I sit next to her without asking. She's ok. I fluff talk. I don't feel comfortable seeding neither the bridge nor the bounce. Same for the kino. I'm keeping the girl's book in my hand and asking stupid questions. Redpoleq came and told me to put that book down NOW. I should only use my hands to kino, period. Eventually, after Redpoleq coming a few times, I try. Ok she can show me a good restaurant next Friday. She is a bit suspicious, and keeps asking about Redpoleq and my other buddies opening sets in the place. I feel weird too. Just stack forward. Eventually she leaves, and I'm relieved.

Then a guy came to us and told us to leave, we shouldn’t be talking to people like this. I feel bad. Before. But Redpoleq is right. It's just an old AFC jealous. Haha. All the more that some of the girls told him it was ok that our guys came to them. Haha.

We decide then to go to the library. I go with Bluem. First girl, HBdrama. She plays in a drama. I ask for books for learning Korean. I kino a bit, qualify, and try to bounce her in the Starbucks. She has to meet her friend for a classical music concert. I bridge and n-close for the next week. Well done.

Next girl, HBshy. I talk to her in the English book section, but she never looks at me and keeps her head low. I plow, and it seems to go better. Eventually I eject.

I try another girl in the same section. She basically tells me to fuck off and to ask the staff for the books. She might have already been opened before.

Now there's a guy from the staff watching at us. I feel totally uncomfortable. Redpoleq came and explained me it was OK. There are the watchers, and the watched. This guy is just fucking jealous that I can do this and not him. Hehehe. Same, I start to believe it now.

Then I feel like I have to do something. Redpoleq shows me that HByellow and asks me "Don't you want to put your dick in her [..]". Of course I do. Too late, she's gone. I try eventually another one, a young girl from Daegu. HBwebdesign1. I ask her kid's book in Korean so that I can study. She goes and shows me. She is shy but it's going better. Her friends came, and start to take pictures. I just smile and do some funny things. Bluem tries to talk to the friends while I'm talking to the HBwebdesign. Soon we eject. Debriefing.

I still feel uncomfortable about day game, but that is just some limiting beliefs I have to work on. People are watching me. But they are jealous, that's all. Awesome. I bridged two day 2.

Then we have dinner while Redpoleq talks to that Indian guy from the day before. We eat, take a cab and go to Apgujeong. My head hurt, I'm wearing only one lens. And besides, I'm stressed.

Saturday Evening, club Air

We enter the club and look for interesting places. I met 4 friends of mine inside. This is kind of unexpected. Anyway, I should not let me be disturbed. We walk around the venue. Tonight I'll work with Redpoleq Nice. We even have access to the VIP lounge, where Redpoleq met my friend, who is also the guy Chachee contacted to have these free tickets. How beta he is ^_^.

First set, a 2-set in the cold place near the bathroom. I open, introduce Garrett (I’m not sure, maybe it’s Tim) and isolate her on the side. She responds well to my kino. Bluem and Redpoleq are watching me, commenting everything I do. This is pretty funny/awkward. After a few minutes, and some good kino, she leaves with her friends. Great.

I immediately open a girl alone at the bar. She is alone and she would be alone all the time I am in the club. "My friends are upstairs". Sure… I talk with her a bit, and kino a bit. Not enough. Redpoleq comes behind me, pushes me, put my hand on her back, makes me kinoing her. She feels nervous, she keeps laughing nervously. I feel comfortable. After a qualification which didn't go that well, I eject.

Next set, on the dance floor. Tim opens, and let me with an HBWebdesign2, and small, cute and funny girl. I make her laugh and she keeps stamping her feet all the time. Pretty funny. I make the Redpoleq move (make her spinning around) and to her friend to. I love this move. I isolate her easily at the bar, and talk a bit, qualify, and so on. Nice, I feel better than yesterday. I eject quickly though.

Next set, more complicated, mixed 3-set. Tim goes for opening the set, talking to the guy. We wait for a bit. Ren engages a girl and introduced me (as the king of Spain, as usual; where does that bullshit come from????). She is the girlfriend, apparently. We make the boyfriend move "kiss him then". Oops she does it. Too bad. I eject and go back to see Redpoleq.

Next set, Tim opens a mixed 3-set taking pictures. The two girls are having fun taking pictures, and Tim engages the guy. After a while we take pictures together. The girls move. One sits next to me. I engage; She is web designer (isn't that crazy???). I kino. Redpoleq forces me to kino more. Soon I have my left hand massaging her neck, and my right one trying to force kino me. She doesn't say anything. Just that the guy sitting 50cm to us is her boyfriend. Cool, he is busy with Tim and doesn't see me... Afterwards we realized that the other girl was also "the girlfriend". Now I know: boyfriend=bullshit. We eject and head to club Circle.

Saturday Evening, club Circle

This place is crazy. The moniest girls of Seoul are just here, waiting to be picked-up ^_^. I open a 2-set at the locker, and I'm kinoing them slightly. They act like bitches. Not smiling. They go get their clothes while I am waiting with Jared to put mine. Redpoleq makes me reopen. No reaction. Fine. We enter the club then. "This venue is particular, everything is going fast. So when I told you to open, you do it, period". Well, I'll try my best.

I see a 4-set. I engage one, and she is immediately strongly kinoing me. I'm not good at that point with big sets. Nobody's smiling, and the friends try to eject me. I insist, re-open. They move. Too bad, I could have done something if I had spoken to the four together.

A bit later, I open a two set at the bar. I lock in quickly (thanks to Redpoleq and isolate my target. This is awesome. "English no no" for 1 minute. After plowing a while, she starts talking to me. She is really nice, and I like her style. I qualify. Perfect. I'm kinoing strongly. My hand on her lower back and my knee on her pussy. She is fine with it. I wished I could have tried to put one finger or two under her t-shirt as Redpoleq recommended, but I forgot. Some other people did it and it worked perfectly. She was into me for sure, but she leaves soon. She wants to dance. I forgot to go with her so that everybody can see me with her.

Jared opened then a two set sitting. Soon he isolates his target. I am alone with mine. She is uncomfortable and me too. I try to qualify. It doesn't work. I go back to attraction, and try to re-qualify. Nothing. I try to bridge directly ^_^. Too bad, now she is leaving for Australia next week. That's what she says... Later on, I would see Chachee num-closing her. Sigh.

Redpoleq makes me open a 2-set standing in front of a table. The first girl is keen, I talk with her but she is a bit drunk. Her friend came to me as well as Tim and we switch. I take the HB9. I talk with her but I cannot understand what she says. The music here is too loud. I isolate her near the bathroom. She is strongly kinoing me. Hehe during one second I said to myself "Ok just take her and fuck her in the bathroom". Unfortunately, I am too shy. For the moment ^_^. Anyway, I locked-in on a pillar, and she is totally on me, and I am facing the tables. 4 guys are looking at me, with a kind of very bad look. Shit, it was a 6-set (3-3) and I isolated one girl. One guy looks VE-RY angry and keeps shouting "fuck off" while having very bad manners to me. I didn't know what to do, and I was a bit afraid. These guys where alpha enough to think I am beta compared to them :-) anyway, I did something unbelievable. I told a HB9 who was totally in my arms to fuck off. I didn't know I would do this a day.

I go to pee. 3 girls are sitting. I open easily, and isolate one, while kinoing others. I'm only fluff talking, hand playing funny handshakes. They like it, and keep laughing. Soon they have to go out. They want fresh air. Ok...

We see a 5-set (2HB and 3guys). Redpoleq makes me open one guy standing, to try to know if they are together. The guy is To-ta-lly bored. "You like the music?" "Not really". "Tonight is awesome right?" "I don't know, I want to go". "Is it your first time?" "No I come 2 times a month".... While I was talking to him, the 2HB leave. Redpoleq arrived, and talked to the guy. We eject soon and gather with the others.

Ok it's time to go. Near the lockers, I meet again the 2-set part of the 6. I re-open. The girls leave alone, and don't seem to be happy at all. As if one was about to cry while I was talking. Bluem and Jared are missing. But we have to go to the Mac Donald's for debriefing. You would find soon that Jared bounced a girl here. Good job man!

We eventually go home at 6, Redpoleq came to my place. It was nice to talk with him. I am sorry for the azerty keyboard man! We slept around 7am, and I got up at noon. I am too stressed. I know that I will have to open sets during the day, and I don't like this idea.

Sunday Afternoon, Myeongdong Pascucci

We arrive in Myeongdong's Pascucci at 3. Quick briefing, and go into the field.

HBM16: Tim opens a very cute girl and her friend. Fortunately for me, Tim lets me the girl I prefer. I talk a bit with her, kino her a bit, and have her say me "oh I have boyfriend". I just ignore it and go on. I should have tried to bounce. I feel uncomfortable doing this. Don't know why. Eventually I discover that the girls are in the army, and the HBM16 can use an M-16 and various stuff to kill people. Nice, I really like her. Bridge, no-close, and we eject.

Second set, HBfr. two young girls studying French. I opened (and thanks Ren asking if they knew where I could find socks for my cat's birthday. I bring Tim in. He is good. He seeded the bounce. Then he bounced them outside. I was really bad that moment My girl was trying to stop the bounce. I should have kept her busy. We go outside and they leave. Great job Tim! We go inside again and small debriefing. I don't feel comfortable (yeah I know, I already said it...)

Redpoleq told me to open a two-set behind me. I don't want. "Go!" Ok I go. I ask for a bulgogi restaurant. At first they seem kind, but once I start to feel stressed, the feel it, and they want to leave. We had them leave in the middle of their coffee. Sigh. What did I do? But then Redpoleq told me that girl's mind is just weird. They WANT to be picked-up in coffee-shops like in dramas, but once it happens, they are just "no no". But you're right, they could have taken they're coffee home. They didn't.

Sunday afternoon, Myeongdong street game

We go for a street game. Apparently the most difficult kind of game. I prefer this than Coffee shop game. I feel like it’s more ok to leave if they are not interested than when they are sitting in a coffee shop. Redpoleq stayed with me, and made a few demos. Awesome! He opens a two set in front of a street food booth, and asked them what they were eating. Redpoleq took the trash one (thanks dude) and let me the other one. At first they are ok, but after a while they want to go. Redpoleq asked me why I didn't bridge and closed. How could I?? But I realized after that he was right. The way she asked me questions and touched me, she was obviously interested. Too late. We re-opened it a bit later, but nothing happened.

Redpoleq made me open a 2-set. "Ask them if they are Japanese". Why? "Just go and ask". Ok I go. I have no idea how to make a transition. I ask "are you Japanese?" Yes they are. Crazy. They leave. We head towards the Krispy Kream (I know Redpole is such a fan) and Redpoleq opened a decent 2-set. His kino is crazy. Pinching the cheeks, taking earrings, touching their hair… wow! They leave but seem amused. We enter the Krispy Kream. A girl is alone just next to us. "Go!" Ok I go. I start asking which doughnuts are the best. The classic one she told. Good, she is qualified ^_^. I ask her if she comes often, and start to tease her in English, then in Korean. She doesn't seem to understand anything. Well, she's Japanese. I kino her a bit, try to speak Japanese with her. I like the cheek pinching. I didn't know I would ever do this like one week ago. Awesome! We order our doughnuts and see a two set sitting and waiting for their order to arrive. There is some food on the table. Redpoleq tells me to go open and ask what that is. I go, ask. I tell her to move her bag so that I can sit. She does it. Nice! She gave me a piece of that food. Redpoleq then arrived, and engaged the other one. They both seem to be hypnotized by Redpoleq commenting the pictures they took. I don't know what to say. We asked for a samgyeopsal restaurant. The other girl was crazy. Pretty difficult to explain. She had to call the staff to help us find a good place. At least we know where we would eat tonight. We eject and go meet the other one in front of Pascucci. One the way, Redpoleq made me open a girl near a shop. "Ask her where the Pascucci is". I do it. I eject. Pretty bad. Redpoleq told me to go back and ask about the OTHER Pascucci. I do it. Her friend comes. I try to talk to the set. I feel more comfortable. I kino the two girls and tease them. And I do the cheek pinching (I love this one). Then I eject.

It’s 7 and we have meet the other ones (except Bluem and Tim). We are going to the restaurant to debrief. Nobody knows where the place is, and I have a shitty paper with a hand-draw map on it. I'm disappointed today. I have to do something to make my day. I see this girl next to pascucci waiting for somebody (or something, take a note of this). I ask her where the restaurant is. I kino. She wants to show me. We talk together. Qualification. Fluff talk. Talk about logistics. She is not comfortable in English, but not bad. We walk, and I escalate the kino; Thanks to Redpoleq who came behind to put my hand on her lower back. That was awesome. I was so scared to do this. She turns back, sees Redpoleq. "Ohh this is my friend Redpoleq"; she smiles. I asked her about the shopping. She always goes alone. Always. She didn't phone nor message anybody during the walk. Well; what the fuck was she waiting for in front of Pascucci? I start to believe that she was waiting to be picked-up. Anyway, I had my hand on her lower back, as if she were my girlfriend. As we were walking, she starts to speak Japanese a bit: "isshouni benkyousuru". Well, just say please, anytime you want. It has been 10 minutes since we met. This is crazy. ^_^ She is into me. I time bridge and number close totally easily.

I feel more confident, but she let me near the Lotte department store. I don't know where the place is, and on top, I lost my crew. I call Redpoleq. They would be coming in ten minutes. Ok, I have to find the place. I have at least a purpose to open sets, and I feel more confident. I go into a 2-set. Two very cute girls. I ask them if they know where the restaurant is. Then I stack and qualify. And kino. My kino was really good then. I kinoed the two of them, they smile, laugh. If they want, they just have to ask for a classic-French-dip, I will give them instantly. They show me the place which was totally opposite to the direction they were walking to. I just walk pass my guys and they are totally under shock. Yeah!! I did that. I feel really proud at that moment. I should have invited them to the restaurant, I am pretty sure they would have come. But it’s too late.

After that, debriefing, and a delicious dinner (thanks to Pickup Asia). Our instructors opened a few sets in that place. Their work is over, they can do it now ^_^. Big debriefing, soju, samgyeopsal…

I eventually went to Doctor Fish coffee. Really nice place for a day 2. Bluem brings all his girls here. The maid noticed it probably. I wonder what she thought when she saw him entering the place with 5 guys... ;)) anyway we stayed here until 1.30am, and Redpoleq and I came back to my place to get his stuffs.

I spent 40 hours with Redpoleq this week-end. I learned so many things. I had a lot of limited beliefs. Some totally disappeared. Some other still there, I got to work on it. But I know what they are. Thanks dude. You'll be the first to know when I get my first French dip ^^ Thanks to Bluem and Ren who encouraged me, and made me keep going on even when I was stressed; Especially when I was stressed. Thanks to the 3 other dudes. We got to go out soon together.

I’m sure I forgot a lot of stuff, but I think I mainly told what I wanted. Hope you had a good time reading this (I feel some phrases are just awkward ^^)

-aggrezzion

Edited by Guest