Pickup Asia Forums

Osaka Bootcamp June 6-8

Angel

My brief story:

I came to Japan in 2007 from New Zealand after finishing university. First heard about The Osaka Crew mid-last year from their ad in Kansai scene. The day I finally checked out their website was the day I was first exposed to Game; I read their article about negs, did some searching on my own, and finally came across The Game and Mystery Method.

Reading all that material got me pretty psyched up to go out and start gaming. I had no system and little in the way of routines, just more balls than before to go and talk to women. Just going out more got me meeting more women and getting me more comfortable in clubs and big social settings.

In the months after that I found 2 girlfriends, who I was seeing both at once for a while until deciding on one of them (sweet girl, Chinese, and her own apartment) to go into a LTR. Last month that LTR finished, so I was back at square one, still with a burning interest in game but little field experience. I worked up the guts to go meet Redpole at a free Starbucks talk where I also met DaVinci and Challenger. They came across as a bunch of great guys and I could see I had the opportunity to dive in and learn or put it off and keep doing the same old things. So I bit the bullet and signed up for that weekend's bootcamp.

Friday

We met at Hardrock cafe where I believe we were the only group of people not having a birthday that night. I met up with the other Bootcamp members: RisingStock, Justgo, Samson, and Inductor, who I was glad to see werent master PUAs (not yet guys) as I had imagined they might be, but normal guys looking to learn game and drastically improve their lives. We learnt a lot about each other through the intros and going over the questions Redpole set us so I definitely felt comfortable rolling out with those guys later that night. I also met Kidd44, possibly the most alpha male I have ever met. I learnt a lot from him that night both before we went out and in the club later. After a solid briefing on attraction and qualification game we rolled out to Club Pure.

I had been to Pure once and found it a bit intimidating but walking in as part of our group I felt excited and ready to just dive in and try the material. My first order was to open a girl at the bar and just ask her when this place closed then eject. I did and left her at the bar kinda looking after me and wondering why I left so soon :shock: After that it was set, set, set, kino, kino, kino. I did more kino that night than I would ever have thought possible to get away with, yet the girls were comfortable with it. I learnt a lot about the importance of locking in (I got warned about 3 times by the staff to stop leaning up on the bar), about how sets can dissolve if you dont engage the whole set, and that what you say is not nearly as important as how you say it and the energy you convey, especially when opening.

I cant remember many of the sets, just Redpole constantly moving us around, bringing me in to wing etc. I mostly winged with Justgo who surprised me with his supergenki energy and fluent Japanese. I think he will agree the best set of the night was a 2 set at the bar who told us they were bisexual and proved it by kissing each other. After a bit of fluffing around we both locked in against the bar, I kept the obstacle busy while Justgo engaged his target. The obstacle (HB horny belly dancing chick) was grinding up against me and things were getting pretty heated. Just then Kidd44 appears behind the girl and instructs me to grab her by the hair at the base of her head, pull it back and kiss her which I did pretty easily. He then told me to pull back before she does (which I wasn't thinking of doing at the time) to show my dominance. Awesome :)

More sets including a mixed set of Australian Japanese students, 3 sisters from China, and two girls who used to do cheerleading and who I managed to physically pick up while doing some chant. Soon the night came to a close and we went to Digmeout for debriefing. The biggest eyeopener for me was the kino. It went from being just an idea to something real that I should do all the time from the beginning of a set.

Bookstore Daygame

The next day we met up at Dotombori Starbucks for more theory on number closing. My sleepiness was brushed aside as I got back into the bootcamp atmosphere ready to sarge. Daygame is what I really want to get good at but at the same time what I was most nervous about. Mostly this is because I feel much more social pressure in a daytime venue than I do in club where people have come to be social with strangers. The first set I did with Inductor was one he opened outside a combini which they were leaving. He got them to go back in to help him choose onigiri, nice work. I winged the obstacle but turned out both girls were in high school so we ejected on leaving the store.

Back in Starbucks I somehow got separated from Inductor who bounced a girl upstairs so I went in looking for sets. Opened a few one sets asking them about what they were reading or getting them to help me find the travel section and books on places I want to go. Had limited success and the girls helped me but then got nervous and left pretty soon. After Pure last night my Kino level might have been too high and scaring them off, not sure.

I opened one girl in the cooking section who was nervous but friendly. Qualified her on her cooking skills and how she wants to open a cafe in the future. She kept saying she had to go home but I plowed and got her helping me find books and seeded for bounce. Tried to bounce her upstairs, then for ice cream but she insisted she had to go home so I let her go.

After that I found Redpole and he sent me into open a girl at a table listening to her ipod. I sat down next to her and started talking and she took out her earphones. She was quiet but interested. I did some attraction (hadn't been doing that well) and seeded some stuff I don't remember. I was going for the timebridge but forgot about setting a solid date and time first so I ended up number closing without a meet setup. Got out of that set and had Redpole remind me to always set a SOLID timebridge before number closing.

Found Inductor again. We opened a few cute 2 sets near the entrance then a 2 set sitting next to our group's table. That last set was good. Inductor ran some personality test or something on his target while I engaged her friend. She was from Nagoya and only in Osaka for the weekend so we talked about lots of cool stuff she could do here, seeded for Tacoyaki etc. Inductor's girl was pretty onto what we were doing and used “nampa” a few times but we plowed through that. Timebridged for the Umeda ferris wheel but when I went for number close she said she had left he phone at her friends house, didn't know her phone number by heart (I had got my phone out) and her friend wouldn't give it to me either. It was only at this point I learnt that my target had a fieonce back in Nagoya. I was surprised this hadn't come out earlier and if her friend hadn't been there she might not have told me.

Debriefed again, I wasn't very happy with my results but I had learnt a lot and faced some fears about opening in public.

Club Oct

Heading into the club that night I wasn't feeling very in state. In fact I thought everyone else in the group was in a better mood than I was, but I found out later this was just anticipation and once I got into sets again I got into state quickly. Waiting in line outside (for about an hour) I saw Samson open the hottest girl in the line by far and lock in. Inspired by that me and Inductor opened a 2 set wearing lots of pink and big sunglasses. We had plenty of time to lock in, kino, and practice keeping the girls attention on us and not each other. We went into the club with these girls but then went off to tour the venue.

It wasn't the easiest place to sarge, hard to isolate and lots of big mixed sets to break into but somehow all of us managed to keep sarging the whole night. I opened by commenting on girls accessories or clothing which worked well. The coolest girl I met that night I wouldn't have opened unless Redpole had sent me in as she was very hot and with two friends. I went in to open the set but as soon as I entered her two friends kind of backed off and gave us space. It was weird girl communication I think, like they knew I was coming. The girl (HB safari girl) was fun and genki, possibly due to drinking a few Heinekens that night. Qualified her on travel as she said she wanted to go to Africa and hunt Lions, which she told me while miming machine gunning from the back of a truck. She asked my name and I went through my name in kanji routine where I get people to talk about what their name means in kanji and what that says about their personality. The kanji for my name mean “safe earth dragon” which I think is cool and I was wearing a T shirt with a dragon and the kanji on it that night. Cool DHV. Tried a couple of times to lead her around the corner to the couches which miraculously were free but she resisted. Yet when her friends went to the bathroom we followed them to the entrance then as we walked back I just lead her down to the couch. Remembering my lesson from daygame I timebridged lunch next weekend in Umeda (she works in the station) then number closed.

Sunday Umeda Day Game

Another Starbucks debriefing and we rolled out for some more daygame. I headed over to The Loft with Justgo and on our way I reopened two girls I'd talked to in starbucks waiting for the bathroom. Turns out they were in high school in Kyoto and out shopping for the day. I took one of their bags to look at what they had bought and they grabbed it back telling us it was lingerie;) We had them laughing and embarrassed over that. Tried to get them to go into Loft with us but ended up letting them go ahead.

Loft was a good place to sarge, lots of young people out shopping. I opened a 2-set on the second floor by grabbing one of the hairties they were looking at and putting it in my hair. Then got them to try on headbands and stuff, good BT spikes. My target was the taller hotter one who was giving me IOIs so I let Justgo take care of less friendly obstacle. He was genki enough for the two of them so we soon practically dragged them away from each other to isolate. I got my girl to show me where the mens care section was and even got her to try some hairgel I wanted to buy putting it in her hair. She wasnt shy about kino at all and we were so close it looked like we were a couple already. Lots of fluff talk and seeding for food later. She wanted to get back to her friend so we went looking and I used that time to try and timebridge properly and she seemed keen to meet next week. We found her friend again with Justgo and they said they were going to go get dinner. I went for number close but her friend wasn't into that so I didn't get it. I should have set a better frame by telling the friend that I thought my girl was awesome and we were going to see each other again and then been more forceful with the phone.

We opened more less memorable sets outside Loft and then back in again, asking girls what they were getting for father's day and helping us look for stuff. Redpole came and helped us near the end, at one point getting me to reopen two girls who had just walked away after my opener and who were quite responsive the second time. I learnt that plowing works way better than I thought it did and I want to make sure I push myself to keep plowing in future.

I was a lot happier with my daygame the second day. I shook off that feeling that I was intruding on these peoples lives and instead felt I was bringing fun into their day. All the sets we opened that day were happier because of it.

I am so glad I made the decision to take the bootcamp. Its changed entirely how I think about and interact with women. Once you start gaming and seeing what you can do you cant go back to how you were before, or as Kidd44 so poetically put it “you can't unfuck a virgin”. Its shown me how to take my life to a much higher level and given me confidence go out and develop my game. It felt pretty strange on Monday to not go out sarging, I can see it could get addictive in a very good way. I now have wingmen to go out with in Osaka so there will be no excuses not to sarge every weekend.

Thanks heaps to Redpole and Kidd44 and all my bootcamp brothers. See you out in the field :D

Angel, you were awesome! Even though I didn't get a chance to see you in action as much as I would have liked during the bootcamp, whenever I did see you it looked like you were doing very well. Going out with you since has been wicked as well. Your lack of hesitation with opening is inspiring and will help push me to be better. Looking forward to your other FR posts.

Good FR, and awesome first night!

I learnt a lot about the importance of locking in (I got warned about 3 times by the staff to stop leaning up on the bar), about how sets can dissolve if you dont engage the whole set, and that what you say is not nearly as important as how you say it and the energy you convey, especially when opening.

That's a ton of important stuff Angel that alone gives you the potential to be a great PUA.

I feel sad i wasn't there to see your bi set, women telling you that they are bi and then proving it is a damn good sign IMO They handed you the "let's make it sexual" card, NICE.

The other thing that I really liked about this BFR is your kanji name meaning routine. Is it your own creation? If it is AWESOME, if it isn't awesome anyway for recognizing it's potential.

Spending a lot of time on the sweetest sound to anyone (their own name) is great for attraction, comfort and ...remembering their name for later.

(read the post on trance words or Dake Carnigee's "How to win friends and influence people" to see just how powerful a social kill using people's names is)

Great stuff Angel, I look forward to to reading you frequent future FR's which will soon be followed by LR's if you post FR's often, thereby learning your way quickly to LR writing skills.

da vinci