Pickup Asia Forums

Seoul Boot Camp (11/14 - 11/16)

ocean

I discovered the PUA community about a year and a half ago. In that time, I've used what I've learned from the many books and videos I've consumed to help get and maintain MLTRs with 6s,7s and 8s. Last winter and spring, I put aside my PUA ambitions to work on other self-development goals. Late this past summer, I discovered and joined the Korea Lair and decided to get back into it.

After taking the boot camp, I realized that I'd known nothing about cold approaching.

Friday

Hard Rock Cafe

We met up at Hard Rock Cafe. Caspian I'd already met and knew as a cool, down-to-earth guy. Security and The Piece were tall, well-dressed, good-looking guys. I was excited to see what all of us would be able to do over the course of the weekend.

After dinner and the briefing, we headed over to Circle.

Circle Club Game

Caspian opened the first set. A 2-set of 8s. Caspian AIed me, but his target's boyfriend showed up and he left after chatting a bit. My target was a very hot 3rd wheel! I spun her out of her seat and pulled her to my lap, mirroring her friend sitting on her bf. I was kinoing a hot girl in my lap within minutes of entering the club. A good way to start the boot camp and one of the highlights.

In another 2-set, I was winging for Security running obstacle game. It was easy to talk to this 5 in the beginning because she was friendly and funny. As time went on, though, she kept on asking why I was talking to her and what I wanted from her. I had seeded Hongdae before, so after a while she tried to go for a bounce with me asking when we should go. I think she thought I wanted an easy lay and had decided she was down. Security finally got a number-close. It was a relief to get out of that set.

I opened a seated 2-set facing the bar after RedPoleQ quickly briefed me on how to use my body and arm to engage both girls. I liked my target, a young cute thing, even more after some qualification.

After the first set, I was surprised that I didn't have approach anxiety for the rest of the night. I was just concerned about keeping up the momentum. Knowing that I'd be turning around and doing another dozen approaches took all the sting out of getting blown out of sets. It just didn't matter. I was surprised with how much kino was possible and how soon you could do it. As well as how easy it was to move girls around and move to lock in.

By the time we left the club, we'd approached pretty much every set there.

Saturday

COEX Day Game

After a few hours of sleep we were running day game at COEX. I found day game more challenging for me. I felt uncomfortable approaching sets in a quiet environment. I opened a lot of sets that I wasn't that into, so I didn't feel that motivated to go for a bounce or number close. The hotter sets I was attracted to I had a hard time hooking, stumbling over my Korean a bit.

RedPoleQ pointed out an attractive single-set for me to open in the bookstore. "What do you think of her?" "Ennh, an 8. Too skinny." I touched her on the shoulder, "Where's the English..." and I was frozen as the full force of her 9 brilliance turned to face me, caught in the headlights of her large breasts triumphantly protruding from her slim frame. Her perfect face turned up in a smirk and she began walking off. RedPoleQ urged me to "Go back in!", but she was gone. We circled the whole area, but the vision of sexiness had disappeared!

In the last set of the day, Caspian opened a moving 4-set. His target lagged behind, talking to him. Caspian AIed me and we told her to introduce her friends, but she couldn't get them to stop. I ran ahead and "re-opened" the other girls. AIed RedPoleQ who ran obstacle game. My target was very cute, but only 19 or so. She was shaking a little as I tried to run qualification. Turned out she liked action movies like 300!! She and some of her friends kept on waving their hands to try to cool down. I think their BTs were overheated. Timebridged and number-closed.

The Subway

We split up for an hour or two before reconvening for night game. On the subway, I caught a giant 7.5 across from us staring at me. She laughed and turned away. I hesitated, but The Piece encouraged me to approach (thanks, man!). Within 2 subway stops, I sped through attraction (BS palm read on her long hand), some logistics comfort and timebridged and number-closed! With a few seconds to spare, we looked into each other's eyes for a moment. I got a good vibe from her. She got off at the next station with us by accident, one stop too early for her. She turned around confused. Cute!

Mass Club Game

Mass was filled with hot hotties being hot. Again, opening the first few sets dispelled the nervous energy of approach anxiety.

Most sets I couldn't get to hook or get very far into the routines. But you never know for sure how a girl is going react to an approach, whether she's a 6 or 9. RedPoleQ pointed out a seated single high 8 for me to open. She was wearing a short leopard print dress. Before I knew it I was locked in, having spun her out of her seat, kinoing her standing between my legs with her curled hair getting in my mouth as I talked to her. I ran through my routines like a hot knife through keen butter. I timebridged and number-closed and even ran Strawberry Fields. She was very compliant and I think might've been game for an SNL. She introduced her friend when she came back who left us alone, seeing we were busy. A few questions into the question game she went out to take a call.

There was a funky Korean-American girl wandering around the club in her sunglasses who approached me several times. She was really into me.... and a lot of other guys in the club. I got a weird vibe from her. I thought she was high. The last time she ran into me she admitted she was drunk and heartbroken. I regret not giving her a hug before she wandered off.

The Piece pointed out a 2-set for me to open. One of them was tall. Very tall. As I got closer, I realized I was approaching a trannie! What the fuck, it's practice, right? I opened the set and spun the trannie, which was about as easy as spinning a horse in heels. She and her friend maintained frowns. I exited. There were plenty more sets left to open who didn't use to pee standing.

I opened a 4~5 set near the glassed off VIP area. They were young 19~20 year olds that were excited to be talking to a dreadlocked foreigner. So they all leaned in and started asking questions as I was locked in leaning against the glass wall. Even so, it was fun to get a feel for what it's like to engage a larger set. I AIed my nearby brothers-in-arms and we took over the set, timebridging and number-closing left and right. I started exiting the set before RedPoleQ pointed out to me that my wings were in the process of number-closing. Oops. Watch out for your wings!

As the night wound down, BlueM opened a bunny-eared 2-set using the same routines we'd been using all night. But his tonality, body language and especially rhythm engaged the set whereas, I had been unable to hook most sets rushing through the same material without being aware of my pacing. The routines we had was the map, but watching BlueM was like being shown the landmarks.

When I go clubbing with friends, I have a good time being silly and dancing. I had forgotten a lot of that element of fun when I was concentrating on the routines and momentum in sets I'd approached. RedPoleQ opened a few sets to end the night and I watched as he combined that sense of fun with a direction and purpose. To extend the above metaphor, he pointed out the destination.

He made eye contact and engaged sets as we walked through them, getting girls to turn their frowns upside down. He opened a stunning 2-set of 9s on the dance floor that Caspian had opened earlier. Complete knockouts. The kind of girls you'd expect to be swimsuit models. I felt the pressure was off for the night and just completely enjoyed interacting with this amazingly sexy woman even if for just a few moments, kinoing her and getting her to lean into me when I talked. This is indeed the destination.

Sunday

MyungDong Day Game and "Closing Ceremonies"

I didn't have many memorable sets this day. I still had trouble with the quieter environment of the cafe, but felt more comfortable on the street. It was fun trying to approach moving sets in the energy of the crowd. Many sets turned out to be high school girls, though, which apparently is a disqualifier for me. I didn't feel right pushing the sarge farther with the young 'uns.

At the closing dinner, I was looking to choose a name that represented a changeling aspect, being able to take on many roles, or a pirate theme, with my Jack Sparrow dreadlocks and fascination for the Romance of the anarchist pirate utopias. The Piece suggested combining these elements with OCEAN. And so I took on a new name.

Thanks and respect to RedPoleQ, BlueMystery, The Piece, Security and Caspian for this transformative weekend.