Pickup Asia Forums

Tokyo Bootcamp 6/12 - 6/14

Chisel

7/12 Friday - Muse Night Game

TGIF. RPQ with three tablesets in front of him. It was going to be an interesting weekend. And no booze.

My wings EGo-RePLAY and BlackStar come in as we discuss goals, kino, opening, attracting, and qualifying. Before leaving the restaurant, RPQ tells me to open the 2-set behind me; just to ask about a Takoyaki place and leave. Simple enough - I approach, they hook, and boot camp kicks off with one of the many, many sets I will open that weekend.

We walk over to Muse where we set our things down and do the tour of the place. Lock in? That stuff was gold, especially with the way RPQ was demonstrating how it looks like when your leaning back against the wall and the girl walks away versus vice versa. Tap, tap and the hunt was on. Compared to ALife, the sets at Muse were very, very generous. There were probably just one or two sets that blew me out before I even got started. That and I didn’t have to deal with any moving sets the first night. Those god forsaken moving sets.

The first set was something - I was opening a two set that was sitting back against the wall tables, talking while I tried to awkwardly maneuver my body to lock in against the table in front of them. RPQ walks along and goes, “No, no no” and manhandles my arms and back into the correct position. I hear the girls chuckling as they point out “Sensei! Sensei!”

:shock: No ejecting.

The girls are cool enough to stick with us “students” anyways. I also start to realize that poor English annoys me, as they sound like my students. I start experimenting with more Japanese material. Everything ends up being a whirlwind of sets so I can’t even remember how much I’m switching between languages, but just doing that was challenging, fun and good Japanese practice.

The most interesting sarge of the night is a full Japanese 2 set by the bar. It’s a HB8 and her friend - just the kinda girl I like. Just the kinda girl I'm used to getting blown out by. They start off cold, but I stick around and to my amazement they warm up after a couple BT spikes. I still can’t believe I ran the sarge completely in Japanese - she was even helping me read the romaaji off my routine stack :twisted:. The bad girl totally shifted and became a lot nicer to me after NewLight came in to wing her friend. Any comments on that?

Another entertaining set from the night are two women, and I say women, sitting down. I approach from the back so I can’t tell their age. Later my target tells me she’s 37 and there are much younger girls around I could be talking to. I am 22. I smile - if only you knew :?

Qualification is hard to come by for me, kino is harder. For alot of the time I’m so bent on creating the attraction and making sure she’s into me before I get into questions that aren’t so “pickup” and exciting and touching her... I can’t respond to the question, “What’s cool about this girl?” for many of the early sets. I start to push into the material faster.

Girls respond to normal conversation in the club. I thought asking a girl what she would do with 1 billion yen would give me a “what the hell kind of question is that look”? But she smiles and gives me a cool aswer. One nice confirmation was having another girl whose into singing sing Alicia Keys into my ear :)

And kino kino "KIIIINNOO!". That's one word I won't forget anytime soon. I especially realize, looking back on HB8, kino allows her to enjoy it since she sure as hell won't be the one to initiate kino. And if you don't kino from the start, it's a lot more hell to start up kino later.

Throughout the night, I am excited, exhausted, ecstatic, depressed, confident, confused, and smiling (or constantly being reminded to...). And the pattern repeats throughout bootcamp.

We go to the Chinese restaurant where we debrief and peacuh out for the night. My vibes must be really good as I chat up the girl on the train next to me and she number closes me. It was easy rapport though, since she’s also Chinese in Japan and lived in America, which = me.

7/9 Saturday – Roppongi day game

Day game terrifies the shit out of me. This is a public place, not a place for the antics of a pickup artist. Getting blown out by anyone out here and you won’t have the anonymousity of a night club, everyone can see you.

I was shaking the entire time RPQ was telling us about time bridges and bouncing in the food court. But sooner rather than later, sarge time began and we started with the girls behind us. So quickly did I forget I already opened up “day set” at TGIF’s the night before. But this was the daytime, with the people in adjacent tables looking over, ack. The biggest thing for me to remember about day game is that the more weird I feel about it, the more girls can pick up on it!

I’m trying to best to keep things natural and under control. Tap, tap, and I’m on the move. Shopping opener. I get my only time bridge that boot camp from the next girl sitting down by herself up at Roppongi Hills. Next set is completely Japanese. I start to prefer Japanese sets - it forces me to weed out excessive words I might start on with English, gives sarging a twist, increases nonverbal comm., and makes me feel less like an English teacher :evil:. I don’t get to time bridge since she’s from Chiba, but it was a good run at selling BT spikes to someone who started off cold.

The day moves on and I feel less natural and more weird running around the mall. I can’t keep the feeling under lids so I get run over by moving sets and Starbucks sets.

7/9 Saturday – Alife Night Game

ALife. Just looking at the line and it was obvious how much harder it was going to be than Muse. Lots more hotties and much fewer gaijins. “Did those girls in there look like they wanted to hook up with a foreigner!?” - RPQ

The first set fell apart more quickly than my Japanese. Non hooking sets and blow outs that would come sooner or later. Two. Three. Four. The turning point, maybe for the whole weekend, came when I opened a two set sitting at a table with another couple – it was either really a four set or the 2 two-sets teamed up to repel me (I suspect the later – oh the love and compassion you can find in a nightclub).

The girl with the guy speaks up. “They don’t want to talk to you.” The two set is hunching away from me. Ouch. No one at the table would buy my BT spikes. I turn back to face an unimpressed RPQ. “Ahh, it’s 4-set I guess…”

“Then meet all of them. R e a p p r o a c h !" :twisted:

:roll:

I hated that word. I look back with an uneasy smile. They’re all watching RPQ point and me and them, chuckling because they probably know what’s going on.

“Hello, my name is Chisel.” I start shaking hands as I leave them to wonder in my persistency. This is so embarrassing – they think I’m a loser.

Fuck this. It’s just another blow out anyways. I shift gears and smile.

“I’m traveling through Tokyo! I’m from LA you know, and I like good nightlife. Is this the spot to party in Tokyo?” It’s spoken in my half assed Japanese, I want everyone to understand me, and it sounds damned convincing. Every word is loud and assured.

The girl with the guy, who is also the hottest, starts piping up. Now her English improves. Now the table is laughing, now there is glee isn’t there? Now she has lived in France for 3 years. I spent half a year there last year.

“And you can’t speak French?” I smile and look at her with an almost disqualifying look. I look back over at the first two-set I opened– they’re paying attention with smiles. I mention something one of the girls and she’s laughing. This is my show. Less than 3 minutes ago you were trying to blow me out. And that is how I learned the importance of dominance.

My hooking rate increased from that point on. Sarging is a mission – a fun mission and an exercise in confidence. One of the funnest sets that night is a four set. I’m on sarging high so I roll into the set and grab all their attentions, something I definitely wouldn't have believed doing before BC. It gets even funner when Phoenix, Shine, and RPQ come in to wing. RPQ actually pulled in the girl from the last set into this set, lol! That was a total blast, being able to do the set running alongside the hunters.

And then they came – the HB9 two set. Standing out in the open with their dresses, asking to be opened. It was mechanical at that point, and they hooked. Phoenix comes in to wing, and I find out HBnagoya studied abroad at my university :shock: What a way to qualify each other. She goes on some bullshit phone call so I chat with Shine and some random dude by the door before she comes back and we head downstairs to the pit. She's going back to Nagoya so it logistically sucks. Phoenix and I bounce them to the shisha bar after our debriefing, but it basically ends there...

In the hell pit, I find a nice ego cushion set. I open a three set and try spinning my target. I fail the spin halfway since we’re getting moshed on all sides. But she was still smiling anyways as we stuck around. I guess you can trip up your routine and still stay in set.

6/14 Sunday - Shinjuku Day Game

1st set – girl sitting at Starbucks. I open her and the sarge progresses just the way I want it to. She’s planning a party with people to invite in her notebook and I take the liberty of scribbling my name in. I think it’s safe to for me to say that if I’m having a good time, chances are she is too. This girl is probably a 6 or so, so I’m hoping my inability to time bridge is because she disqualified herself…

2nd set – book store. Girl got antsy. Made me more antsy, not a good feeling.

3rd – 13th set – by this point I was really self conscious and I could feel myself exuding weird vibes since I felt so displaced in day game. Every set refused to hook. Again, I think the biggest thing for me is keeping things natural even if I’m feeling unnatural.

My favorite set - At Shinjuku, I asked girl (probably a 5 at best) where the South exit was. We were at East exit so that’s where Kabukicho was. I point at the sign and ask if she goes there often. She disappears into fat air.

I see the same girl in the bookstore later and I’m wondering, hey what are the chances?! Tap, tap. She looks up at me, squelches, and runs off. Lol.

After that…Dinner. Goood. Meat. Gooood. Alcohol. Gooooood.

My biggest weakness before boot camp was my lack of confidence. I did bootcamp to start chiseling away at it. And if you’ve watched one of my favorite movies, Shawshank Redemption, you know how far a chisel can take you =D

6/15 Monday - DisneySea

Yes. That’s right. One of the reasons I was in Tokyo was to go to DisneySea. I’m from LA, home of Disney Land…but Sea…? Sea was something else.

I went with my Japanese-American friend from my high school. She was born in Tokyo, lived in the States most of her life, and went back to Tokyo.

My body language sucks, so thank God theme parks have so many places to lock in.

Kino kino kino. Sexual framing.

Bam!

She seeds and bounces ME to going to a karaoke room that night. If blowjobs weren’t so nice, I probably could have gone for the full close. 6 am and I’m on the Nozomi back to Osaka, what a mind blowing weekend and a what a way to end it.

So now I’m in Osaka until July 19th, when I’ll be moving to San Francisco for my next job. I’ve been hearing about the Osaka guys all weekend so I’m psyched to meet you guys (although it’s hard to imagine because the Tokyo guys are already so fucking cool!). I’ll definitely be hitting up the events going on this weekend.

With the days I have left, I’m down to go out and sarge and wing as much as I possibly can, so hit me up anytime. The only thing is that I live in Takatsuki…

Thank you RedPoleQ for starting the chiseling.

Thank you NewLight, Phoenix, Shine, EgoRePLAY, BlackStar, and other Tokyo PUAs for the good times.

Thanks for reading !

- Chisel

thanks Chisel for writing up our boot camp weekend, was definitely a blast!!

agree totally the first set of the camp was hilarious, watching RedpoleQ manhandling your body posture was like watching those kung fu movies where the master is practically kicking everything into the right place!! and any girls that laugh when a drink is spilled on them are definitely good value!! for me it really set the right mood for the whole weekend (^o^)>

would also like to express my whole-hearted thanks to NewLight, Phoenix, Shine, and of course Master/Sifu/Sensei RedpoleQ!

Chisel and BlackStar, was great having you as wings as we learnt how to fly.