Pickup Asia Forums

CrazyHorse's BC FR 3/26-28 SEOUL 2010

CrazyHorse

Bootcamp field report

After months of self deliberation and justifying reasons why I couldn’t afford it, I finally scraped up the cash for RQP’s bootcamp. I had been studying pick up stuff on and off for the last couple of years, but had recently been getting much more serious about it. After this one K girl, who was the first girl I had real feelings for in years, turned me down, I had reached my breaking point and decided I need to do something about this now. This is where my journey begins…….

I met RPQ and the others at our first meeting location. I greeted the other participants, then sat back and observing them and my surroundings. I was listening to RPQ as he began to bestow his knowledge upon us. Looking back, it was a lot of stuff I had been reading already, but now it was time to take it and put it into practice.

We went through the routine stack and learned only the first few steps of the pick up. We were told that he expected us to suck, that we shouldn’t get any numbers or kiss any girls, and that there was absolutely no alcohol to be drunk. Well, at least we didn’t have to be great.

We go to our first location and begin opening girls. I was feeling what we were doing looked so obvious and at any moment the bouncers were going to come over and kick us out. Amazingly, this never happened.

I was doing pretty lousy at first, really mixing up my steps, pulling in my wing at the wrong time, and too many other mistakes. I kept opening and kept being pushed by RPQ, he was standing behind me telling me what to say, to stand closer to her, and to give her some kino in that order. A lot of sets blew me out immediately, but he pushed me to plow through in an effort to hook them.

I don’t even know how many sets I approached that night, but it was by far the most I had ever done when I was not totally trashed. Here are the ones worth mentioning

I hooked into a two set, and one girl was being really bitchy. I was talking to her friend and trying to engage her but the bitchy one just wasn’t having it. So RPQ came in (can’t remember if I pulled him in or if he came on his own to run obstacle game) and kept her occupied whilst I chatted to my target. She was a design major at a famous Korean university. I commented on how well her necklace went with her dress and she seemed very flattered. I gave her some incidental kino, and seemed to be doing quite well, but the bitchiness her friend was giving off was far too much for even the mighty RPQ to handle and she dragged her friend off somewhere else. She must have had a fucking crab inside her vagina.

I was talking to a mixed set outside (still rather cold this night mind you) and they all spoke English quite well, mentioned how they had relatives in the States or had lived in Australia, etc etc. I suggested to my target that we go swimming (there was a pool right there) that BT spiked her quite well. At one point the target literally told me to fuck off, but I laughed it off and stacked forward. Then she asked me why I was outside in the cold, and I said to get some fresh air, too many people are smoking inside. After her little shit tests she seemed to enjoy talking to me, and we talked for a while longer, even after he friends had went back inside and even though she was really cold. I got a call from one of the bootcamp crew, it was time to regroup and have one last run through the place as a team.

In the main hallway of the establishment, I hooked a two set that was fun to talk to. They were enjoying my banter and I managed to pull in my wing and successfully introduce him and they were also glad to have him in the set. Shortly after that, it was time to move on to the next venue.

By this point most venues in this area were quite dead on a chilly Friday night, so we worked the street. While working street game, one important thing I learned was to not spend too much time on the opener, otherwise girls might think you really are looking for “such and such place” and moving forward becomes difficult.

After that, it was time for our debriefing. Surprisingly to all of us, RPQ said we had done great, even though we felt as if we had just stunk up the whole place. We had all managed to hook several sets and some of us even managed to bounce. By this point it was 5am, and I had been up since 7:30am the previous morning, I was dead tired and rode the train back home.

Despite being awake for nearly 24 hours by the time I got home, I only got a couple hours of restless sleep that night. I had a bizarre dream in which I was outside in a park with RPQ, with beautiful women walking around everywhere. They all were wearing shirts with big capital letters printed on them. There was a tree that had giant letters falling from it like leaves. RPQ was telling me to grab any letter I could then go approach a woman with that letter on her shirt. Once I approached them he was yelling at me from behind, “Okay, open! BT spike! Kino! Stand closer!” Then I would get blown out and he would yell “Grab another letter” and the process repeated itself over and over again.

I had been feeling mildly ill the last couple of days, but didn’t really pay it much mind Friday night since I was so occupied doing something else. On Saturday afternoon we were to meet at COEX mall for some day game. I was starting to feel quite ill, sore throat, sinus pressure, I knew this feeling and knew I was going to be very sick, very soon. Of all the times I could have gotten sick during the winter, it just had to happen right as spring was starting and the same time I was taking my bootcamp……

Anyway, RPQ arrives, cracks his head open, and we begin to feast on the knowledge within. We learn the basics of day game, then break into pairs and begin to sarge. My wing opens the first couple sets and I’m stuck running obstacle game. He was doing quite well, and I was struggling a bit with the second set because the girl was ice cold.

I started to run some of my own sets and didn’t really hook many. One in particular I can remember was a two set of university students. I managed to bounce them to a bookstore and was talking to them for quite a while. I set up a time bridge for them later on, then went back to the rest of the group. Some of the alumni had shown up to hang out and support, it was cool. I approached a few more sets, but nothing really special. What I learned in day game though, was finding out what they are doing at that particular time is very important.

We regrouped and did our debriefing, and at this point I had done so much talking during the day and with my sore throat, my voice was starting to get really scratchy. When it was my turn to talk, RPQ started to give me voice lessons, and told me that I need to speak from my chest and not from my throat, and to not talk out the side of my mouth, which was a bad habit of mine. Speaking in this manner is also better for projecting one’s voice.

The time had come for us to break and I needed some medicine. I went to a pharmacy and bought some. Later on I stuck around COEX and used the medicine as a situational opener, asking them to explain the directions on the box. I told girls I had lost my voice at a 노래방 (noraebang, Korean karaoke) last night. One girl sat down with me and we started to talk, and I began to give her kino. She seemed startled at this and I felt like I had fucked up. Well, I had but just not in the way I thought. I didn’t ask her what she was doing. She was waiting for her boyfriend who showed up a moment later. Lesson learned: If girls recoil due to your kino, it doesn’t necessarily have anything to do with you.

As the night progresses, I am starting to feel less and less myself, feeling quite ill. The medicine helped me slightly, and my voice seemed to recover after several hours of not talking. We met RPQ at a coffee shop a few blocks away from the Gangnam club we were to work that night. RPQ began to expound more advanced theory and routines for what happens later on in a sarge. I had been answering a lot of the questions he was putting out there and my voice was starting to fade, and then it was gone……

RPQ tried to help me resuscitate my voice, telling me to just push air from as far down as possible, but my throat had become totally swollen and my voice barely audible, and we were on our way to a noisy club.

At this point I could have easily given up, and I think most guys would have. But I had spent so much time and money on this bootcamp and was not going to give up. We get to the club and it was indeed noisy. I tried to say something to RPQ but he couldn’t even hear me, nobody could. My diminished voice was lost in a sea of chatter, bass, and glassware clinking together.

I thought to myself “I’m going to have to do this over again sometime” and spent most of the next little while observing the other guys do their thing while I hung back with RPQ. After a while, RPQ could see I wasn’t really enjoying myself and decided that I was going to have to try something instead of nothing, and that if I wanted to I could go out with him some other time to make up for this evening, but that right now I had to at least try.

So much of club game is non verbal, what you say doesn’t really matter, it’s about body language and self presentation. I was looking sharp and I have excellent body language, but was missing my voice. RPQ started showing me all these non verbal gestures as ways to start conversations and I also used my phone and good old fashioned pen and paper to make my point clear when I had to.

The non verbal gestures were working like a charm. I was gesturing to girls that I had lost my voice at a noraebang and guessing their age using my hands. I don’t think most people have had a person come up and start a conversation with them only using gesturing, so they were quite interesting, and I then started to realize that my sets were hooking left and right. I hooked nearly every set I got into! Everyone was having so much fun and I was having a blast doing a new style of game called “mime game.”

I felt that I was absolutely on fire and was oozing confidence and radiating fun everywhere I went in the club. I worked my way to the front of the dance floor and found a lone girl working her way through the crowd. I stopped her and we began to dance. I put my arms around her waist, pulled her close to me and started to do triangular gazing. I moved in close and went in for the kiss, and I could feel her lips kissing back. After about a minute of this she tried to slip away, but I wouldn’t let her. This time I went for an even more passionate kiss and we continued a while longer. She managed to abscond after this however, and I probably gave her whatever nasty shit I had, but all without saying a single word.

I went back with the crew and started to help out some of the other guys while continuing to work my mime game. I hooked a few more sets, and before I knew it, it was time to go. We debriefed at a Burger King and the crowd of drunken revelers getting a late night snack were staring at us in awe, wondering what the hell four guys listening to one guy and taking notes were doing at Burger King at 4am on a Sunday morning.

I got on the train, fell asleep and luckily woke up right before my stop. Again that night I only got a few hours of fitful sleep with yet another abstract dream.

The next day we were to meet at Myeongdong to run more day game. We started at a Starbucks and RPQ told us about deep comfort and the hero story. I had still not regained my voice and just sat back and listened. Then it was time to run game. I didn’t do much, I mostly hung back with RPQ and got feedback from him about my game and we observed and analyzed various couples around us. He said that he would make up for that day another time for me, so I could see that he was committed to his clients’ success.

I tried doing a little day game without speaking such as walking up to a girl in a clothing store who was looking at something and shaking my head in disapproval at it, then quickly grabbing another garment, giving it to her and shaking my head up and down while giving the thumbs up.

We debriefed later on at a Krispy Kreme (I think RPQ has a Krispy Kreme addiction). Later on he took us out to dinner and we all expressed what we had gone through during the last weekend, how this had changed us and there was much man love going all around.

I needed the next two days off from work while I recovered from my illness, and it was another three days total before I finally got my voice back. But has RPQ had promised, we got together again, this time a coffee shop in Gangnam and we went through the hero story process, then hit the streets for some game and then a bookstore. “Further” also came along since he missed part of Sunday as well due to his schedule. We worked the bookstore together and I thought we all did quite well for ourselves. I hooked a few sets, and got a TB number close, as well as Further, and RPQ managed to bounce a girl out of there and help us find somewhere to eat.

It’s been a few weeks since bootcamp now, and I’ve been out every weekend since gaming girls and hanging out with guys from the Korean Lair. You can read my field report that I posted a bit ago. Even though I lost the girl to LMR, I still would never have been able to get that far had I not gone through the bootcamp. I and many other alumni are expecting great things to come from me, and this is only the beginning.

Gentlemen, CrazyHorse has arrived.