Pickup Asia Forums

FR/LR: Shanghai OKC by Empire

Empire

In honor of some recent chatter about apps of late, I present the story of Peaches, an OK Cupid pull and bang.

After perusing that topic on the China Lair and having taken some time off from a former old faithful for quick SNL (WeChat: People Nearby feature), I pulled up OK Cupid with the goal of defeating the idea that all girls there are purely seeking husbands. A simple profile, pictures of me cage diving with white sharks, rafting the Nile, hanging with silverbacks in Rwanda, and I am the ideal. The key to these gals seems to be filling the massive boredom they experience between dull jobs, hyper-competitive girlfriends who only want to discuss handbags and gossip, and the hassles of being a Chinese passport holder while wanting to experience everywhere and everything in the world. Empire to the rescue.

Friday July 11: Dear Peaches, I see that you like traveling and BBQ. I, too, like those, and in fact having grown up in the Southeast USA and keep some grills on my balcony here, we should cook sometime. Dear Empire, I do love eating meat :) I am in Tibet right now. Dear Peaches, Oh, cool, you should send me some postcards. Dear Empire, I will send you two. Let's use WeChat.

Friday July 11-Wednesday July 16: Dear Empire, blah blah blah. I live in Xujiahui and am from Wuhan. My life blah blah my job blah blah. Dear Peaches, bleh bleh bleh. I have a bottle of sake at a simple restaurant around the corner from where you live. Dear Empire, blah blah your Chinese too good you must have 100000 Chinese girlfriend now. Dear Peaches, blah blah 放心吧.

Friday July 18 - Peaches is 26 from Wuhan and has been in Shanghai a few years. Like many I've run into, she can text in English, but is shy to speak it. Most of our correspondence has been in English, until tonight. We are to meet at 8 for Japanese, neither can find a taxi so I über an Audi which I didn't want to do. I am picking her up, which I do like a few minutes together first before eating. In fact fuck dinner dates, but with the summer heat and a busy schedule it was what we needed to do.

20:15 I arrive at her block and she runs to me smiling and jumps into my arms. About 162cm to my 192cm, fit, minimal makeup (not needed. nice - no stains on my pillows), and brightly dressed. 5 minutes to the restaurant. She's a delight, I'm thinking, and I don't even mind all the Chinese. I order some simple dishes for us and we push through some decent sake.

21:45 Off to my friend's new bar, Hepcat. Social proof through roof. Fancy cocktails, a lot of laughter and body contact.

24:30 We will share a taxi to our respective homes as I am on the way. As Chinese girls sometimes do worry about how taxi drivers are judging them, and considering we are speaking Chinese, I decide not to inform him that he's going to two destinations. My rationale, get into the taxi first so she has get out anyway, and up to my flat for a giggle & a tickle, with no chance for her to escape my advance. We arrive at my intersection, and after a cute yet aggressive attempt to escalate she practically dives back into the car smiling without so much as a kiss. Peaches, I believe, will shit test me any time we are ever together, yet it goes down so smoothly.

Day2 Saturday July 19 - 21:30 I head out with my buddy Clown for some cocktails. Peaches has had a few and wants some digital attention, and I generally like to avoid a trend of satisfying that. She is however out with 2 more girls so we push them to head our way as I won't be going to the Apartment.

23:30 Here's where it gets fun. We have agreed to meet another buddy's bar (notice a trend) and they have told me they'll be walking. As we emerge from hai by goga I notice her and 2 friends walking around the corner. Intentionally I don't make eye contact and skip across the street angled away from them, acting as though I'm peaking into the window of another bar. "Empiiiiiire!!" I hear from behind. Success, my aloofness has drawn a coy smile. Clown quickly joins us, all are acquainted, and we're off. Peaches again looks and smells great and I'm happily arm-candied. Arrive at the bar, Clown sorts drinks, and after one round Peaches' friends are sleepy and depart quickly following a small pow-wow. Did I mention the post cards have arrived from Tibet today, Peaches?

01:00 - Socially proofed by a few gals I know. Tonight Peaches wants to walk me home (so as to not seem like a slut to a taxi driver and shit test me some more). 15 minutes stroll and I'm pulling her in. Peaches, baby, you gotta come up and reunite with the postcards you sent me. She's standing on my sofa, kissing begins, and much of the typical cutesy Chinese resistance you're all used to. Peaches wants to take a shower, as I sort some music. Strolling into my bedroom in a tshirt and boxers of mine, she runs to another room and playfully resists again. I simply pick her entire self up, carry to my king sized bed, and 2 hours later she may sleep. I am astonished by the tightness of her body, her near Beyonce-like ass on a small framed Chinese figure, and her ability to let herself be in the moment. She wakes early to go and tend to her dog (this qualifies her as a nice regular as she's unlikely to try to set up camp).

Day3: Monday July 21 - I am headed to Europe this Friday to spend a couple of weeks and Peaches wants some more first. We grill a simple dinner, she shit tests me inside and out, and once again we are back at it. I poured us water and fresh juice with dinner as I wanted to see if alcohol was required for her to let down the guard (it is not). She has never been affectionate with a foreigner, or even held conversations in Chinese with a foreigner. My size, my style, all about it has her completely engaged. I have friends in Beijing who use Jiayuan to elicit this type of response, though I think that requires way too much effort.

Good

Very direct about my intentions early - I want to meet you to see if we connect and I want you to consider it as a date, not as 'hanging out.'

Selected a girl I'm very attracted to, but that's different from what I often pull in China

Effective use of my Chinese skills - all of our time together is spent in Mandarin

Quick fclose on Day 2 and no date was required - post card idea was good and so timely that they arrived on the day I was pushing for a screw

Being genuine and not leading her to believe we're on a path to something serious, while keeping her excited

Improve

It's true that the convenience of these types of tools is something the mind can retreat to in moments of AA - have closed my OKC account already

No black cars on first dates as a bit 'mode 3'

On our first night out, I think a slight plow would have at least gotten her into my apartment if not a proper screw. I have noticed since that a bit of bossiness seems to turn her on.

Summary

The ole 7 hour rule seemed to ring true here. Peaches is fucking sexy, a delight to be around and certainly worthy of more of my time. If you want to find your way to a lay fairly quickly, but avoiding drunks, psychos, and fatties - OKC can deliver the goods if you avoid the small talk trap.