Pickup Asia Forums

Tokyo Boot Camp (May 16-18, 2008)

JazzMan

Wow. Just... wow.

This bootcamp weekend was something else. I feel like my brain was wrenched out of my head, reprogrammed in front of my own eyes, and then given an electric shock as it was shoved back in. You know the scene from Pulp Fiction where Butch suddenly wakes up from his dream about his father's watch? Where he sits up in the bed with a loud cry of "WOAH!!!", his eyes are wide open and you can practically see the adrenalin rush? I feel like that.

Back in February when I first learned about the community it was like everything suddenly made sense, that this was why I wasn't getting the girls I wanted. I knew that I deserved them. Sometimes they even flirted with me. But because I didn't reciprocate, the only times I was getting the girl was when she was being very persistent. As I read more about game, I thought I knew what to do. But then when I saw a really hot girl I suddenly forgot it all. The few times that I actually got talking to a cute girl I'd be thinking about game but not be able to use it in the conversation. You know - she's asking about my job and I'm thinking "what does doing the cube on her have to do with my job?". To say nothing of actually touching her. Even though I'd read so much and I believed it was possible, I still didn't have half of the real knowledge that I needed. I didn't know what to do.

Now, I know.

So, let's rewind a little. Before the bootcamp, I was feeling half nervous and half excited. Like the feeling before playing the violin in a concert. I knew I had to do it, I knew it was going to be tough, but I could also see myself there playing well, and I could hear the applause at the end.

I got to TGI Friday slightly nervous, and wondering what on earth I'd gotten myself into. (Maybe on bootcamp days they should rename it to OMG Friday.) But when I got upstairs and RedpoleQ started the introduction, he put us straight at ease. But soon after that I got my first mind alteration. As soon as I opened my mouth Redpole told me I need to work on my voice projection. I realised that it's not that I can't project my voice - I do it all the time when I'm teaching - it's that I don't feel comfortable doing it in social situations. And sure enough, time and time again over the weekend this first advice would ring true. If the girls can't hear you, they won't listen to you!

We talked about the basic theories of game, and I got a surprising number of questions wrong considering I thought I knew all about it already. We also talked about what we would work on that night, i.e. doing the openers, using the routine stack, body language, locking in, qualifying and KINO! Then it was time to open our first sets, just opening and ejecting. RedpoleQ was very wise in getting me to open a set before I had a chance to think about it. I said the opener in English far too fast for them to understand, but when I said it again they got the idea and they were smiling, and all was well with the world.

Then it was time to head to Muse. First was the tour of the club. I remember thinking "I really want to play some pool" as we walked by the pool table and I was getting kind of nervous. But no, we had a much more exciting experience in store for us. The first set was downstairs, a 5-set of girls who I would have always left alone before. Redpole asked the four of us taking the bootcamp "so who wants to open them?". Silence. More silence. But then I swallowed my nerves and volunteered. It was surprisingly easy once I just went up there and did it. They were a bit surprised - "takoyaki? in here?" - but receptive. I had RedpoleQ feeding me lines from behind that the girls lapped up. Too funny! The girl I was talking to approached me later on in the evening as well. Before I knew it, it had gone from a 5-set of girls to a 10-set of girls and PUAs. And the girls totally accepted it. No, they loved it! This was the first eye-opener of many more to come in the weekend.

Next we split up, and I was paired with TheRedPill, and Grizzly Havoc was our approach coach. TheRedPill opened a 2-set on the swing downstairs, and I came in to wing for him. I was having fun in this set, and I got a photo of us with my arm around her, and her wearing my hat. She was fine with my kino, which I was still surprised by at this point. But I was really starting to like it...

I think there were more sets after this where I tried to open but got ignored. I can't really remember too much about them though. Next I got separated from TheRedPill, so I was winging with Nimbus, one of the approach coaches. I got an older woman, but not so unattractive. She loved my kino and she was laughing, but I was kind of looking around the place for a better girl. It's amazing how just a few hours can make you picky. Got ejected by RedpoleQ.

Next I opened a 2-set upstairs on the wall seats. I was leaning in instead of back, and she couldn't get away, so she looked scared! I wanted to eject but I plowed on thanks to RedpoleQ. I couldn't turn it around though, mostly I think because I was feeling embarrassed and I was fluff-talking instead of running game. I think I had been lucky with the previous sets - I had been mostly fluff-talking in those too, but they had been receptive. A good lesson.

The next two were a lesson in control. I forget who opened this 3-set, but someone spilled one of the girls drinks and they all got up. They were talking with us, but with each other too, and they slowly disentangled themselves and walked off. It turned into a mess of people, rather than each guy talking to their girl. RedpoleQ said we could have gone further if we kinoed more and controlled them.

Next was a 3-set in the corridor that Grizzly Havoc had me open. They were coming through in single file, and by the time I opened them the first girl had already got through. The girls behind turned round to talk to me, but the first girl pulled them away. If I had engaged the whole set, it might have been different.

Then I opened a 2-set by the bar, that turned out actually to be a mixed 4-set. But the other two guys had only just met the girls and they were buying drinks for them. I was winging with TheRedPill, and we basically stole the girls from those guys when they were at the bar. If we had done a quick mini-bounce those guys would have had 4 drinks and no girls! As it was, I think we lost them when the guys came back from the bar, but not without a fight! One of the guys was saying "I see where you're coming from, but this (buying drinks for the girls) is how it works here". I was thinking "no, pickup is what works. Could I have stolen those girls off you last week? I don't think so".

Next I was winging for TruthNKlaw. This was a 2-set that had just come into the club. They turned out to be sisters, and my girl was married and had kids. And it was her birthday! :D She said she wanted to be seen as a good mum, but she didn't stop me kinoing her. She told me I should go and find some younger girls at the club instead. I guess she didn't realise how good the birthday present was that I had in mind for her. :twisted: This was my first shit test, as Redpole pointed out. I don't remember any other shit tests from the weekend, but maybe it's just that I didn't notice them. Or maybe all those blown-out sets were all just shit tests that I could have got past.

Next was a 3-set round the corner from the large tree-stump thing, winging with TheRedPill. Her friends just left her with me! She was a really nice girl, and I talked to her in veerrrryy sloooww eeennnggglliiissh. I could have number-closed her but we hadn't been taught how to do it then. :lol: Eventually I lost her to the dance floor.

I think there was another 3-set in the same place, which went ok, but I don't remember it too well. Then there was a 3-set just about to leave the club. I couldn't stop them, but I probably could have if I'd been more controlling and done more KINO!

Last TheRedPill and I got to walk round and open any set we liked. We walked for a bit too long before we opened one! In the end I opened one 2-set and TheRedPill opened another. Nimbus started winging for him but it was awkward because there was a table in the way. So I stood my target up and then sat in between my set and TheRedPill's obstacle. Then I just ignored my target and switched sets. I could have talked to TheRedPill's obstacle all night. She was the easiest girl to qualify in the whole bootcamp. I asked her what the most exciting thing was that she did this year, and found out that she did skydiving, paragliding and snowboarding!

Then we went to Almond for the debriefing. I really wanted to get to bed, but before I could do that I had another mind-altering comment, this time courtesy of Kid44. He was talking about qualification, and demonstrated how to qualify for any kind of personality trait that we could think of. But the killer was when he started talking about SNL game. He told us that there is a list of about 15 different personality traits that you should qualify the girl for, and that the only way for her to stay true to the frames which you have imposed on her is for her to sleep with you that same night. Woah. RedpoleQ picked up on my reaction and commented, with a grin, "I think JazzMan wants to do the SNL seminar, doesn't he?". Why yes. Yes, I do. But before that I have to try day game...

So, next was day game around Roppongi. I was the first person to get to Tully's after Grizzly Havoc. We were early, so Grizzly asked me if I wanted to open the 2-set sitting behind us while we wait. I thought "woah, give me a little time here!", but then Grizzly told me to ask the hotter girl if she was from Osaka. She was, which surprised me! I found out later that Grizzly had heard her talking Osaka-ben before I came. Part of the reason was probably that I didn't kino, but this set felt totally different and much more relaxed than last night's club sets. We were just relaxing and talking. The kino logistics were difficult, to be fair. They got more and more into the conversation as the other guys arrived. Then when RedpoleQ came he showed us how it was done and time-bridged them to the club we were going to that night.

We went to Soup Stock for the briefing. Before it started, I asked Redpole where the bathroom was. He said "right there, where that girl came out. Hey, you could open her on the way there." I did, but I didn't use the takoyaki opener (I don't remember what it was but it was probably lame) and I didn't have good enough body language to stop her. But she did look at me about 3 times as she walked past, so she must have been thinking about stopping. Maybe the fact that I was wearing my coolest clothes today had something to do with it, but after this I just felt money.

In the briefing we talked about time-bridging and number-closing. Then ((SAIKO)) asked about kino during day game. It's one thing to touch someone you met in a nightclub, but it's another thing entirely to start touching a stranger you just met in Starbucks right in the middle of the day. Right? Wrong. Redpole did a demonstration on a 3-set sitting a couple of tables away. He was giving his target so much kino! And she was taking it all, even though it turned out she was getting married in 7 months' time. :shock:

I opened a 2-set (or was it 3?) upstairs, but basically forgot to bring in my wing, and they walked off. Then there was a 1-set waiting for her friend. She wasn't taking my kino well, and she kept pretending to look at her phone. I ejected. Next was a 1-set in starbucks. I basically just did the opener then sat down at her table :D She started off cold, but she warmed up when I plowed. I didn't get really comfortable with this girl, but it made me realise that Plowing Works. I ejected too soon from this one.

Next I opened a 1-set who was reading. She was really friendly and liked my kino. She was very glad that I spoke Japanese. I was trying to either bounce her or timebridge her, but it was difficult because she'd just bought her drink, she was busy later on, and I was going back to Shizuoka on Sunday. Difficult timebridging became a bit of a theme over the weekend. Maybe I should move to Tokyo! I don't think I managed the timebridge in the end.

After that we all went outside. I opened a 3-set who were standing about looking lost. The takoyaki opener worked a treat. I brought in TheRedPill and TruthNKlaw as wings, and did good kino. We bounced them all to Coldstone Creamery. They were a bit confused - "are we really going to eat ice cream with these guys?" - but when the momentum was going they just came with us. I got some good comfort going with my girl, and she took a photo to commemorate the occasion. I eventually time-bridged and number closed, but took my sweet time doing it. We must have been with them for at least 45 mins. When I finally got the number she was relieved. She was waiting for me to close her! That was another mind-opening moment. Although as of Tuesday I still haven't got a mail from her.

RedpoleQ said we spent too long on that last one and we hadn't opened enough sets! So I winged for TruthNKlaw outside soup stock, but my girl dragged his target away. I don't think I was feeling it for this one, mostly because I was dog-tired and felt satisfied after the last sarge. I guess my BS cold-reading skills also need work - she seemed very upset when I said she worked at MacDonalds. :lol: Turns out she worked at Fashion TV... It's interesting seeing different people's reactions to the same material. That MacDonalds line worked great in Muse.

Then we had the debrief and chilled before the club. We went to a crepe place - can't remember the name - and then went for coffee. Redpole talked about projecting a sexual state. I don't think I practised this enough - it's one of the things I really need to work on from now on.

We tried to get into the Fashion TV club night. It was a one-night-only event on the 52nd floor of the Mori building in Roppongi, but because of this it was far too crowded. We waited for 30 mins or more but didn't go in. Instead we elected to go to A-life. Redpole got us to open a set to try and bounce to the other club. I found a 2-set by the door, but they said they wanted to wait a bit longer. I was ejected by TruthNKlaw who told us that everyone else was going upstairs. When we got upstairs, though, we found there was even more queue! So we headed over to A-life instead.

Props to TheRedPill for getting number closed by the model outside!

One of the other guys opened the girls in the queue in front of us, but we didn't control them well enough, so they went in first. Redpole emphasised that you should always try and go into the club with girls, because it gives you such good social proof.

After some worries about finding a locker, I winged a 2-set upstairs for TruthNKlaw. I asked the girl if she was Chinese. She was! That's twice in one weekend that I got it right. It went ok, despite the bad logistics of them buying drinks in the middle, but I think they lost interest. We got ejected by Redpole.

TruthNKlaw called me in as a wing again for another 2-set. Truth's girl was really into him, but unfortunately mine just wasn't having it. She kept saying "don't touch me, don't touch me", while I have RedpoleQ screaming KINO! in the background. It ended up looking like a kind of sumo bitch-slap match. She tried to drag the other girl off, but then Redpole came in and showed me how it was done. She was resistant to him as well, but much less so. Confident kino really goes a long way.

I got blown out by about 3 different 2-sets upstairs, but I don't really remember what happened or what went wrong. I probably needed more kino, voice projection and plowing. Then we went downstairs for a tour of the venue. The basement floor - The Pit - is just crazy. Absolutely heaving with money girls, but so unforgiving! I didn't do any sets down there, but later I heard that TheRedPill was down there giving the high-value J-guys a run for their money.

After that I opened a set in the corridor but couldn't stop them. It's that girl-train problem again. Damn. I opened another set there but then got blown out by the club staff for blocking the walkway. Then I opened a 3-set walking by the bar by asking them if they were Chinese. They said NO!! and left. I stuck to the takoyaki opener after that one.

Next was a 2-set by the bar that TruthNKlaw opened. It went well until they had to go to the bathroom. I managed to lead my girl there but I didn't manage to get inside! :wink: Then there was a 2-set by the entrance. They'd only just got in. I had some good kino and qualification going, but they left to explore the club. I'm sure we offered to explore it with them, but it didn't work out somehow.

Then I opened a 2-set sat at the bar. I did a great job of locking in, but then got told off by the bartender. Do these guys not know that this is art? The girls couldn't understand anything I was saying. One of them kept saying "sake? sake?" over and over again to me. I probably needed more voice projection... or maybe they really were that stupid :)

I forget who opened, but next was a nice 2-set at the entrance. My girl was in a polka-dot dress and cute with it. I had good kino, did the cube, time-bridged and number closed. The email address she typed into my phone was wrong though :roll: I've not tried the number!

I Opened a 2-set walking past the bar (with "hey") but got completely ignored. They were leaving, after all. Grizzly said that was a hard one, but somehow it didn't feel strange going in at all. If I just work on my body language and kino I'll be able to stop sets like that.

Then I winged a 2-set for TruthNKlaw. He gave me the good-looking one! Thanks man :D Let's call her HB Smoker. This set was just fucking sweet. I locked in, and got some great kino. I was leaning against the table with her between my legs and my arm round her waist. Oooooh yeah. 8) Redpole later said I didn't look like I needed any help with this one. High praise indeed! She was hard to qualify though. Her hobby was drinking... I did the lying game, but she lost on question 2... Then with not a little effort to join our schedules I time-bridged and number closed. Thinking back, what made this set stand out was the quality of the kino.

I think TruthNKlaw opened another set by the door and got me to wing, but it didn't last for long. We were both pretty tired by this point. We went to get our stuff for the debrief, but Grizzly told us we should try and bounce HB Smoker and her friend to the debrief as well. When we got back over there there was a J-guy talking to them. I just went up to HB Smoker and asked her if she wanted to bounce to Almond. I ignored the J-guy apart from saying hi and answering his question about where I was from. I asked her if he was her friend. I didn't really hear her answer but I basically just pulled her out from there anyway. She came straight away!

She came to the debrief and said that it was like being at a host club. I think we PUAs made a big impression on her and her friend. I didn't manage to get her back to my hotel room, but I could have if I'd tried the things Redpole taught me afterwards. She took the taxi with her friend and TruthNKlaw, and apparently she was raving about me all the way back. At one point he said she was ready to jump out of the taxi to come back to me. I got an email from her yesterday saying that she wants to come to Shizuoka to see me, and that she thinks it's a miracle that she met such a high-level guy like me. 8) Would this have happened a week ago? I think not.

Three sessions down, one to go. This time we were in Shinjuku, sarging round the Starbucks there. In the brief RedpoleQ was talking about hero stories, and we all got to practise our own story and delivery. I was supposed to wing with ((SAIKO)) but he managed to bounce the very first set he opened and I hardly saw him after that!

Got blown out of about 3 or 4 2-sets. I'm a slow starter, according to Redpole. It was the same in the club on Saturday night. I need more voice projection, and more confident kino! The last one I almost bounced them to the seats but didn't lead enough. They said they only had 5 mins, but redpole was right - it was an obvious lie. They sat down just 2 tables away from us. :roll:

Then I went to Frank Frank with Redpole. I opened a 1-set that turned out to be a mixed 2-set. I didn't engage the guy enough, but Redpole showed me how. The takoyaki opener was very useful here!

After that I opened a 1-set upstairs on the balcony but it turned out to be a 3-set. Her friends pulled her away. I really need to work out who is shopping with who. Redpole also reminded me that I wasn't using the routine stack, so I wasn't getting enough BT spikes to make the girls attracted. Of course, when he made me realise this the next set went much better.

It was a 3-set sat down on the sofas. I managed to engage all 3 of them with the bullshit palmreading, but I was a little slow in bringing in Redpole to wing. So Redpole brought himself in. We bounced them back to Starbucks, and I played the lying game with my girl on the way. I was practising leading the girls more, and I found that not only does it work but it makes them laugh. Go figure. When we got to the seats Grizzly took one girl, and poor Redpole was left with the UG4. I qualified, did the cube, did my hero story (in Japanese), time-bridged and number-closed, but not nearly quickly enough for Redpole's liking!

I walked around with Redpole trying to find a set. He spotted a 1-set inside Starbucks, but I wasn't sure about her. So Redpole said, well, are you opening her or not? So I walked round to get a better look. By this time, of course, she's looked up from her work and has noticed me staring at her intensely. But she's not that cute. "Naaah". :lol: That girl was probably slightly hotter than my current girlfriend (no wait, maybe that's already former girlfriend). Again, it's amazing how much choice you can get in 48 hours.

There weren't any good sets sat down, so RedpoleQ decides it would be a great time to introduce me to street game. He teaches me the basic techniques, and then spies an HB9 walking into a building. I follow her quickly, walk past her, slow down and look lost for a second, look over my shoulder and tap her on the shoulder and ask her "do you know where I could get some takoyaki round here?". But I say it far too quietly, and she looks round a little, decides there's nothing worth checking out here, and disappears. So I did everything right apart from VOICE PROJECTION!

Now the last set of the bootcamp. It was a 1-set sat inside doing her homework. It turned out to be English homework! Instant DHV when I told her I was an English teacher. She was gorgeous, and probably the easiest girl to sarge in the whole bootcamp. I was getting better at controlling in this one. She tried to use her phone at one point, and I put it back down on the table for her. The poor girl forgot who she should be concentrating on. :wink: I should have tried to bounce her but I didn't. I'm sure I could have. I was doing the cube on her, and Redpole walks by and says "10 minutes!" to me. I should have tried the time-bridge but I didn't - partly because she was 17 and partly because the other guys were ready to do the debriefing. But Redpole, as always, was right. It would have been good to know when she turns 18. :twisted:

Debriefing was emotional. I had been through so much with Redpole in 48 hours that I felt like I knew him better than a lot of my friends in Shizuoka. Now that must be proof of the power of the bounce. And then finally it was back to Roppongi for dinner with Kid44, all the bootcamp guys, all the SNL seminar guys, and all the instructors apart from Redpole. Apparently I missed a great speech by Kid44 because I had to run for my train, but the one that he gave before I left affected me pretty fucking powerfully. This weekend really feels like a new ticket to life. And he's right - now it's up to me to decide just how big I want that life to be.

5 things I did awesomely this weekend:

1. I made a girlfriend who is fucking nuts about me. She thinks it's a miracle that she met me. That has just blown me away.

2. I was comfortable in set, and getting blown out of set, by the end of the bootcamp. It's gone from being ohmygodohmygodohmygod to smooooth in 48 hours.

3. I time-bridged and number-closed 4 girls, and I could have definitely got more if I had wanted them.

4. I did my hero story in Japanese and had the girl transfixed. Imagine what it will be like when I try it in English.

5. I learned exactly what I need to do to get any girl I want, or in other words - I know I'm fucking money.

5 things I will improve:

1. Kino escalation and progressing the sarge. It's still too slow.

2. VOICE PROJECTION!

3. Projecting a sexual state.

4. Seeding and time-bridging faster.

5. Bouncing.

5 things that completely altered my reality:

1. Girls want to be touched, whether it's day game or night game.

2. Girls want to be controlled by men.

3. If you sarge in the daytime, you become that girl's fantasy.

4. By setting the frames well and qualifying, you can make the girl try to be who you want her to be when she's with you.

5. Girls think that I am fucking money.

I was expecting great things from this weekend, but it has exceeded all my expectations. There is a reason it is billed as a life-changing experience. It has made me feel that I can do anything I want, and I can get any girl that I want. In fact, after that, it was really weird to come back home and do the things that I'd been doing every day for the last two years. I can see how people can slip back into their old ways. The experience of bootcamp is so far separated from the experience of everyday life that it's like a different world. I don't think you can live in both realities at the same time. Some people might be content to let the experience of their bootcamp go and sink down to the reality of their old everyday lives. I, however, am intent to bring my life up to the level of the bootcamp, and surpass it.

I'd like to say thank you to all the guys that made this weekend what it was. Thank you to the other bootcamp participants - let's go and sarge some more in Tokyo. Thank you to the SNL seminar participants and the instructors - it was great meeting you guys. Thank you to my approach coaches, especially Grizzly Havoc - you did a great job of pushing me into sets that I would never have dreamed of approaching one week ago. And finally a big thank you to Kid44, and of course, RedpoleQ. You have really changed me into a better person over those 48 hours. There have been a lot of great stories from this bootcamp - I look forward to being able to tell many more.

[EDIT] Put some more names with their PUA handles.

Edited by Guest