Pickup Asia Forums

Seoul Boot Camp: May 23-25, 2008

What can I say about a life changing experience, except that it was, well, life changing?

For me the change began not last weekend, it fructified then, but it really began the day I saw RedpoleQ run his boot camp in April at JJ’s. I opened the first set of my transformation – the PickUp Asia guys! Two weeks later I get an email that there’s going to be another Boot Camp in May and not just RedpoleQ but Kid44 will be there too, how awesome is that. I am excited and anxious and thus begins the birth of GladIAteHer!!!

The night before the Boot Camp was to begin I attended the free mini seminar conducted by Kid44 and RedpoleQ, I manage to hold my nerve and am introduced to the rest of the guys. The fellowship and brotherhood is amazing and I still feel Boot Camp Anxiety (BCA?) and BlueMystery makes me feel right at easy by saying “don’t worry you’ll do great”, thanks dude that truly helped.

Come Friday, can I barely do a shred of work, I just want to get out of the office and prepare for the Boot Camp. I arrive at the Hard Rock @ Itaewon, Kid44 and RedpoleQ are already there are make me feel at ease, my Boot Camp trooper Temperance arrives shortly after 7.30 and the boot camp begins, RedpoleQ & Kid44 chat up the waitresses while I just sit there dry mouthed, it’s awesome just watching them doing what now comes to them naturally.

RedpoleQ and Kid44 run thru the basics, understanding what we want and where we were coming from, giving us honest opinions and the trip down the river begins. For me the number one achievement from the Boot Camp is to get over Approach Anxiety. There’s a whole lot of theory & questions to begin with some I am kinda familiar with and some are new. BlueMystery ans kukushka join us mid way thru and BlueM works with us along with RedpoleQ. After about 2 hours of going thru the basics. We are finally ready to open our first set.

Day 1: Night Game

RedpoleQ gives us simple instructions, no Bounces, Time Bridges or Numbers tonight, we are there just to Open, build Attraction, Qualify and Eject.

The first set was right there at the Hard Rock, Temperance opens a girl at the bar and I open a seated 2-Set, both go very well, in fact the 2-Set I opened were hooked, they even offered me cigarettes, BuleM, RedpoleQ and Temperance are full of praise and I am pumped.

JJ

We leave the Hard Rock and hike up the hill to JJ’s, my pump eventually disappears and by the time we enter JJ’s I am down right deflated & the AA comes back in full force. We do the walk around and RedpoleQ gives us our instructions.

“2-Set over your right shoulder” before I turn around they are gone and RedpoleQ yells at me, then he sends me into a 3-Set & then yells at me that my body language makes me look like a pussy! I open a few more sets and get blown out of all of them! Including a two set at the bar that he makes me open thrice!!!

We go outside and at this time I am truly down, few more instructions from RedpoleQ & BlueM and I open my next 3-Set, this time the set hooks, I bring in my wing he takes one of the girls, BlueM takes the third and I try to spin my girl, no luck, I try to move her so that I can lock in, no luck, I try some light kino and she gets a bit aggressive, RedpoleQ comes in & tries everything and admits that she was though and that I did good! Finally some praise from the Drill Sergeant. Then something amazing happens, I open a 4 set and hook and then bring in Temperance, Chachee and BlueM join the party & we are having a ball, that when realization dawns as to what it means to be a part of this community.

I open a few more & so does Temperance, I don’t remember much but there were two other sets that were awesome for me at JJ’s, the first one was a Make Up Artist I opened, she was hot but her friend spoke no English and was generally giving me shit, but I got the Make Up artist to do everything including sit next to me and I also had some decent Kino going, too bad we didn’t know how to bounce & time bridge at this point! The second was a two set at the bar that I plowed for almost 10 minutes over loud fucking music! It was awesome just to see the pride on RedpoleQ and BlueM faces!!!

Spy Bar:

We leave JJ’s and head out to Spy Bar, I was on a high when we enter, especially since the last few sets at JJ’s went pretty well. But as I enter Spy, the loud music, the lasers & the HOT HOT HOT Models get to me & I am my AFC self again. “GO open the blonde” yells RedploeQ and I can barely move a muscle, my number one weakness, tall, blond beautiful models and I am fucked.

He sees that I am totally fucked & sends me to open a 2-Set of Koreans, it goes awesome, I hook & lock in, bring in my wing, who runs amazing obstacle game on a girl that speaks NO English, all thru Kino! The girl is really into me and is disappointed when I Eject. I was too & then my disappointment turns to horror when RedpoleQ asks me to open a 2-Set of Models. But I know it’s now or never & I go in, & Lo Behold they are actually into me, the set really hooks and I have great Kino going!!! High point of the night for me!!!

We head out of Spy to debrief:

1. I am kinda over AA

2. Opening the Models was something I never would have been able to do before

3. I need to get more kino going

4. I need to get off the Opener quicker.

5. Best set – the Models!!!

Day 2: Day Game @ Hong Dae

The afternoon begins with theory, bouncing, time bridging and number closing @ Starbucks.

I am not able to bounce anyone, but I do time bridge & number close one girl and open a couple more at Starbucks. We then go out for some moving sets, I really had fun here, approaching a whole bunch random people on the street with all sorts of openers and a couple of sisters at a juice counter and 3 girls at a hat store, no words here, just played with trying on different hats on them & me for a few minutes, they really hook!!!

We debrief and then break up before night game:

1. I realize that I really like the day game

2. People are more approachable & attraction is easier

3. I still need to work on the kino

4. Best set – the one where I time bridged & number closed.

Day 2: Night Game:

Theory began at the 24Hr McD near Circle, but we finally decide to head out to Mass, I have never been there before, it’s hot, loud and packed with hotties.

I open a whole lot of sets moving, seated, at the bar, dancing you name it I opened them, there were a LOT of them, within 2 hours I was tired and needed to take a break. No real memorable sets for me personally except for two sets on which I ran obstacle game, Temperance number closed both, which made me feel that I improved a whole lot!!! But highlight was watching RedpoleQ open a three set and then build attraction and qualify them without speaking a single word, sign language does work a treat in loud venues.

We found a 24 Hr coffee shop to debrief (which is also an excellent bounce location):

1. Gaming in loud venues is tough, but with enough sign language & Kino is can be really easy

2. Voice projection is important

3. You don’t need alcohol in clubs, 2nd straight club night with no alcohol

4. Really have to learn to escalate the Kino

5. Don't take a break, it's harder to gain momentum after a break

6. Best sets – the 2 on which I ran obstacle game

Day 3: Day Game

Day Game was at Myeong Dong, theory began at Passacussi with us working on our Hero Stories and then emphasis on bouncing and time bridging.

Temperance opens a two set, we build attracion, qualify & bounce them to Cold Stone & it’s packed, we then go to Dunkin Donuts and it’s packed too, we then go to Krispy Kreme, Temperance time bridges & number closes and then we misinterpret RedpoleQ’s SMS and eject early, before I number close or time bridge properly. I feel I have lost out, but imagine my surprise when Temperance tells me that my girl told his girl that she really liked me & wanted to get my number & meet me!!! Awesome!!! And this from a girl who was pretty stuck up until I got my Hero Story out, just shows the power of the Hero Story!

We open a few of more sets, one that I don’t force the bounce & get a talking to from RedpoleQ! We head out to Krispy Kreme, open a set, which we disqualify & then eject. I then open our final set of the boot camp, these two really hook and we time bridge, number close and click some pics.

Close & Initiation:

We meet the rest of the tribe at TGIF, they had just finished their seminar & really got me interested enough that I really want to take it ASAP!!!

Kid44 then begins the initiation and asks me what my alias is, I have no fucking clue great he says close your eyese & what do you see, I do it & see the scene at Mass where I am 7 feet tall & looking at all the hot women & smiling at them with my BJ smile, I feel like a gladiator with a hard on …. Thus GladIAteHer was born!!!

My experience from the boot camp:

1. I was over AA the first night after the 2 model, one night @ Mass & I am immune.

2. Opening is just the first step there is so much to do after that & that is what I really want to master.

3. This does not just go away, people at work with can see the fucking difference; I now have a constant BJ smile.

4. The boot camp is though with a lot of hard work for everyone, more so for the instructors.

Thank you Kid44 and especially RedpoleQ for the time and energy invested, you guys are really great at your calling and I am indeed proud & honored to be a part of the tribe.

I hold my head my high.

I feel I have lost out, but imagine my surprise when Temperance tells me that my girl told his girl that she really liked me & wanted to get my number & meet me!!!

Hehe, told you just after the set.

I'll send you her number tonight.

Temperance