Pickup Asia Forums

FR The first two weeks in Chengdu/ a review and my thoughts (and doubts)

LuckyLuke

Got in touch with Danny instantly when I arrived here in mid September. He helped finding an apartment within a few days. I was really desperate to get one since I live 1,5h outside of the inner city right now. Going out was kinda frustrating but also somehow what I expected. Even though I am in a new environment I still have massive AA. There is a huge amount of work that I have to do. We already did a lot game. I was out here nearly everyday since I arrived for either day- or nightgame. What I think what my problem is: I am not willing to take the pain that is associated with a possible rejection. Next problem: Rejections are much more likely with hotter girls, so if I approach it is often not the girls that I actually want. Working on it, even though there is no real progressive line since my bootcamp which was nearly one year ago. Might be because Jinan didn’t give me the right tools for that. But it gave me a lot other good things which I had to give up or have to rebuild now: a job that I liked, good money and some savings, a hand full of available regs and girls in the pipeline, a suga mama, a girl that I really liked (funnycatgirl). I am basicially starting over again and I am totally broke. I had to wait in Germany for my Visa, had to rebook my flight and paid of a little bit of debt back home. So, I went from owning more money that I ever had to barely being able to rent an apartment. I don’t know, but life was good back then. Hope everything was worth it and it is going to be more awesome in the near future.

Also living in Chengdu seems super inconvenient to me. Difficult to find a didi nearby, not a lot of available taxis, has a metro but its stacked with people, my school doesn’t set up things for me, have to do everything by myself, you get no special treatment because nobody cares that you are a foreigner… I disagree with first tier cities being more convenient. If you speak basic Chinese that’s just not the case, only if convenience means eating pizza and hamburger every other day for you, then yeah…you might have a point.

Overall, I am not very happy with my situation that’s why I need CHANGE. Next step is to search for a new apartment since the area Danny and me lived in is too loud for me due to 24h a day construction working. I am searching for something as central as possible so there is as little resistance as possible for going out. That’s the next step. And going out daily but that’s what I am already doing.

• Like 1

Change is tough, but it's also exciting because you can set everything up the way you want without having to think about what you've already done in your past.  

With approaching and dealing with AA, there are a lot of frames you could use to get over it, but the real problem is that you don't choose helpful thought patterns.  You let your mind keep you in negative mind states that keep you from taking right action.  So you need to find some mindsets that work and train your brain to focus on them.

I'd recommend reading "Unlimited Power" by Tony Robbins if you already read "The War of Art" and "Flinch" and neither of those worked for you.

• Like 1

Yeah, I don't know if you followed my recommendation when I last told you, but let me repeat it: ANTHONY DE MELLO. This  guy literally changed my life and pulled me out of the darkness that my life was in for my first 23 years of life. The videos and books that I would recommend most for you are (1) Rediscovery of Life, (2) Awareness, and (3) The Way to Love. Here, I'll post a link to the Rediscovery of Life recordings from youtube:

Hope this helps! ^_^