Pickup Asia Forums

LR Seoul Boot Camp 8-10 Aug (Warning long!)

Caesar

A little background might be in order before the start of the FR;

I live in San Fran. I'm wealthy, and I get laid regularly. Now I'm sure the first thing you're thinking is, "Why would I take a boot camp?" After high school I went to the Air Force for 4 years, I didn't get laid once in 4 years. Once I got out I went back to my regular stream of gold diggers and cocktail party sluts but I still had that nagging deep down inside, I can't get girls without money and moreover I don't get to choose which girls I get.

I was introduced to pickup at the beginning of this year by a friend who recommended The Game to me. I tried a few cold approaches, it sucked, I got rejected and went back to my social circle. When I came to Korea I found the KLair and started pickup again, the KLair guys are great, I got an SNL and a lot of D2s off of cold approach. But, no matter how good someone is, it would take a long time to learn pickup this way and I'm leaving for the US in September. Luckily Redpole and Kid44 happened to be in Seoul teaching the SMS so I stopped by a free seminar they were hosting. At first I was creeped out by Kid44 but once Redpole started talking I started listening. By the end of the weekend I realized Kid44 was a cool dude and knew his shit, but first impressions stick with me. When I found out Redpole would be teaching the next boot camp in Seoul, I was down.

Quick note: I went by CuriousG on the KLair prior to coming here, I thought the name represented my interest in the game (much like Curious George!)

The Report

We start off at Hard Rock Cafe in Itaewon, we do a lot of talk about ourselves and what we want to change.

Most of my goals seem outside of the game, is this really what I need to be doing right now? Note: I often remember snippets of thought with events, I like to include those in italics.

Redpole goes over the basics and has us each open a set, I ask for directions to somewhere, get them and eject. Maybe this isn't as hard as I remember, should I really be paying this guy?

We move to JJs and start opening, we aren't aloud to eject and are told to just escalate kino. No #Closes or bounces. The first few sets go pretty mediocre until we get the hang of things. One set blows out when they want to bounce to the dance floor and we say no, most sets just stall out over time. Wow, Redpole knows his shit.

Most memorable set: A 2 set sitting down. Rifle opens, and they simply aren't having any of it. Girl is telling him to go away in 2 languages. He brings me in and the 2nd girl simply doesn't say anything. Eventually the 2nd girl warms up, starts talking to me about yachting and snowboarding (my 2 favorite hobbies.) Rifle does a palm read on super bitch, she likes it and opens up. Before we know it Redpole tells us to eject. The girls are very sad to see us leave. I'm the juggernaut bitch.

Day Game 1

I feel awesome, last night was sweet and this boot camp shit is for real, I'm really nervous about day game though. I have never done cold approach and especially never done it during the day.

We meet Redpole at Coex and go over bouncing and bridging. WTF I just yank this girl out of the bookstore take her to starbucks and then fuck her? That's impossible.

I suck at opening -> Attraction almost all day. I still manage to bounce a few girls with my opener (Sure I'll show you where the restaraunt is ...) I don't really take control of any of the sets.

Night Game 2

WTF just happened? Day game just made me it's bitch, maybe JJs was just a fluke?

We go to Circle for night game, we get the strawberry fields (did you know this is the name of a Beatles song?)/ Cube lecture. I'm a little bit on edge because I know some of the owners that are here so I don't want to get ridiculously blown out. Rifle and I start approaching, sets are opening well but not sticking. I am confused. I thought that girl liked me, why did she blow me out? All the IOIs were there.

Redpole realizes that I am not progressing the sarge, by not expressing interest in girls they blow me out because they don't see it going anywhere. I hear him but don't understand him. I open another set, everything is going well then she just walks over to her friend (Rifle is winging her friend) I am confused and walk out. Redpole gives me a big WTF and I start making excuses he walks over and literally says "My friend .... shopping .... help .... insadong." She says yes and starts talking to me again. She eventually blows out, but Redpole has made his point. What do you mean the laws of society are bull shit, I am confused.

I approach a few more sets, and #Close one. It's closing time. I learned a lot, this night was productive. Redpole tells me to go tell one of the girls we opened earlier (she is currently on the dance floor, dancing with a random guy) to come to McDonald's with us. After the incident before I'm not about to argue with him, fuck him, this is ridiculous but I'm not going to tell him that because goddammit it just might not be. I walk over grab the girl by the wrist and pretty much just say "We're going to McDonald's" she says what about her sister, Rifle is already talking to her sister, so I just pull her to the door where she decides she is going and walks out with us. I mad kino this girl at McDonald's #Close and Time Bridge then kick her out for the debrief. My world is turned upside down right now, I have no fucking clue what to think, the debrief is a blur.

Day Game 2

Whatever happened yesterday was ridiculous, I'm just going to go balls to the wall today. This shit is retarded effective.

We meet at Pascucci in Myung Dong, Redpole gives a lecture on Hero Stories and picks up some random girl in the process. She sits by and is entertained as we start to open sets. I don't give a shit, and sets are going well today Most of the sets go well, only one set simply won't budge. Ironically, almost every set in the shop is a group of friends who haven't seen each other in a year or two so it's pretty hard to get them to hook. I still don't really time bridge or number close so a lot of my sets die down. Everything is going well, I've had a cough all weekend and my voice is so dead I'm surprised anyone is talking to me. We move to street game and it starts out a bit rough but we get a few sets to hook and one set that Rifle pulls seems super down for the bounce. We try it and it turns out they are waiting on two friends in the store. We eject. Street game goes well, it was hard but rewarding.

Summary

I learned a shit ton, Redpole is awesome. Girls beware. I day twoed the girl from McDonalds walked her around insadong, took her to a dvd bang and made redpole's pronunciation a little more profound. Little to no LMR, she was already used to ridiculous kin from McDs so walking her around on the street was all I needed to really get the escalation going. She hadn't slept with a guy in 2 years, so I'm pretty proud of myself.

Caesar is born

"Men at some time are masters of their fates: The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves, that we are underlings"

The game is no longer a curiosity. Neither is it some sort of thing I hide in the closet. I don't think I'll be posting about my social pickup here, it is generally irrelevant to the topic at hand.

• 1 year later...