Pickup Asia Forums

TOC bootcamp Feb 8 to 10

Well here I am at it again, the TOC guys invited me out to help out as an approach coach and so I went along for another bootcamp.

The last one I did was more fun for me but I think this one was probably more educational for me.

I will tag the participants with MY names for them, unless I already know their community name.

Friday Night Game:

Friday was the usual, get together for some theory before heading into the field. I arrive after they have started the theory portion, to find a rather large table of student's Redpole, Allusion, Kid 44, and Renaissance AND two women who went by Emma Frost and Antoinette.

The Emma Frost and Antoinette where an very unexpected thing for me, but they where both positive, receptive, interesting and intelligent women whom I enjoyed talking with.

Introductions from everyone, then onto more theory.

Antoinette and Emma Frost both gave some excellent feedback to the guys about their overall appearance and vibe, all of them had decent looks to them and it was obvious that their biggest challenge would be their beliefs, since their look was mostly or completely in order.

After the theory we all headed to pure for some Friday night adventures.

(note to self, always write these thing ASAP lest I forget)

Symmetry was a set opening monster, I was impressed at his willingness to open and be in sets, his cadence was kinda fast but once he slowed it down he kept his sets much better. I feel he did the best in one respect specifically, simple his willingness to try, and every time I walked by him her was in set, well done Symmetry, you will progress fast if you stay at it consistently.

ALL the guys started a bit rough especially with respect to pecking (just as I did) and kino was pretty timid for most of the guys for the first half of the night, bu the end they had improved measurably in all respects.

I myself was pretty busy keeping the guys in set, leaning back, upping their kino and circulation among them all. I ran obstacle game when I needed to and otherwise stayed mobile.

A few things stood out about Friday, the rest has blurred into all the sarging in general for me. By the end of the night "Latin Lover" (a good looking South American guy) had been in pretty much nothing but quality sets all night, he had most of it in the bag from the start. His greatest challenge was his approach angle (coming up behind a woman always feel threatening) and his last minute approach anxiety, which had him standing near but not opening women, killing some of his early sets. After some coaching from me and all the TOC guys he got into the groove and would up bouncing a woman (a HOT woman) to the debriefing, and then back to her house. Props Latin Lover on bringing your game so far so fast, after a slow start.

Scuba diver (A Chinese guy from Vancouver) isn't yet, but will be killer, especially with his voice tonality with some practice. He started out concerned about his limited Japanese so I told him that to date I have about 20 or 30 words, and not sentences in J YET, and managed to close 4 J girls with virtually no English, of the 6 I have closed since my bootcamp in May. His main obstacle at first was just belief as with me and most guys. I didn't see very much of him Friday, so I will detail his stuff in the Saturday section to follow.

Freedom (a guy from Europe, I forget which country) is someone else who know logically he has ability, but needs to be willing to act on it more.

By the end of the Friday he had a woman isolated and making out I think. The subtle hint that suggests he did well...his girl "Let's go"..." I have a boyfriend...is that ok?" Ya he did very well Friday, yet his beliefs have yet to catch up with his ability.

The Irishman (got some really positive feedback from Mystique and Antoinette) but like most newbies had to be pushed at first into sets, not liking the pressure of getting started, but he did consistently better as the night progressed.

My memorable highlights where when one of the guys opened a set near the bar (can't remember which guy) and and a guy tried to amog him, but I was right there running obstacle before he could get started. it turned out he was a Russian model and promoter or something. While I kept him busy the student quickly and skillfully moved his girl away from us and into isolation, and remained there the rest of the night until we left:-) PROPS!!

I went to check how he was doing after finishing with the obstacle, when Kid 44 approached and congratulated me on my obstacle performance. He told me that the guy was a fairly high level PUA!!! He did have that vibe, but taking him down and out of the set was probably my best performance of the weekend:-)

We all went to the debriefing, with Latin lover bringing his new girl in tow, and at least two of the others getting at least a number close...or better.

I had a better chance to talk to the gals, and made sure to announce to the guys that they should express their sincerest thanks to these two very cool women for being there to give them feedback, and social proof all night long.

Saturday day game

We met at Starbucks where there was drinks and lots of books, and many move locations. More theory, then onto some coffee shop/ bookstore game. I spent most of my time holding the table and chatting with Ren while Redpole and Allusion puts the guys into sets.

Symmetry opens two sets in front of our table so I see him works, cadance still pretty fast but he's pushing his boundaries by opening like a mad man. He opens this HB8 lone wolf across from us and makes himself right at home in a chair beside her. He looked cool calm and collected. A short time after the set opens a guy, probably her boyfriend shows up, but Symmetry stays in set (PROPS aging) The BF has to go get a high stool and sit across from this girl while Symmetry sits comfortably in a low chair BESIDE her. After he eventually leave the ste he says he was REALLY nervous during the set, but it didn't show. (Bravery isn't not being afraid, it's acting in the presence of fear) you did yourself proud Symmetry.

Latin Lover and Freedom open a 7/8 2 set nearby and it goes fairly well , but Latin Lover give HIS target to Freedom accidentally because of a language confusion (Spanish is his native language, so we decide he can call his badgirls "diabla" rather than bad girls;-)

Kid 44 shows up, so I go for a tour and to see how the students are doing. I see Symmetry upstairs with (can't recall which other student) sarging some American girls from New York, the distance between them and their targets was big enough for a truck, but I couldn't find a way to get them to kino, (shoulda introed myself into set and signaled them from INSIDE the set).

Other than that I ran obstacle game for Latin Lover on a 2 set of 7.5/8 girls. The obstacle had VERY limited English so it was a challenge to keep her occupied and away from her better English speaking friend. I was so focusing on obstacle game that I didn't seed anything get a time bridge or number close on, but I tried anyway, with no success. Latin lover accomplished his mission though, and that was my main mission.

Back at the table Psycho Teddybear and Freelance show up and join us before we all head to the Pure international party. Redpole invites one of his new girls to meet him and he asks me to occupy her for a few minutes while he does some TOC business (Redpole thank you for bring suck a fine beautiful and sweet girl to chat with me, Redpole, may you burn in hell for finding her BEFORE me)

Redpole, Allusion , and Kid 44 leave on other errands and myself, Psycho teddy bear, freelance, and all the students head to the Pure international party. We get there early and the place is low, but Psycho Teddy Bear know one of the sets from before. He introduces me to one and I run it not so successfully, then move on. I am mostly busy making sure the guys are in set and that keep me busy for most of the party. I do manage to run some sets, and get one time bridge and two number closes. All in all I am having an off night, usually international parties are like shooting fish in a barrel, tonight I am off my game, but keep the guys busy and persevere at my own game.

We all leave and go to Zerro to for a bite, stay there until 11 then head to the meeting place to decide where to go for night game.

We agree on Onziem, and I am happy, because I like Electronic, and it's a much classier place than Pure.

I start with Scuba diver, giving him some pointers on how to improve his opening, especially his body language. After a few opens Allusion takes him into some sets and I float around running obstacle and putting guys into sets, and prompting MORE KINO and LEAN BACK on the guys.

I try to run a little game myself and ALL NIGHT my game is off, I'm still not sure why, but it persists all night, and so do I. I decide whether I run any good game or not I will keep trying, and try things I never have before. I managed to piss of one or two women. One I tried to pick up after trying to move her twice, the third time, WASN'T the charm, at least not by picking her up. I told another woman she WOULD be beautiful if she didn't smoke, then walked away, the next time I walked by her i got a wave off soon as I looked at her:-?

I even approached two women with "I need two girlfriends for tonight", worked....not.

What I did see from the students though was encouraging. I saw scuba diver confidently kinoing and pulling women in, AWESOME. Symmetry was ALWAYS in set, and pulled a girl to debriefing. Irishman, went form timid at the start to solidly in repeated sets. Latin lover made some technical errors early, but still did well by the end of the night ALWAYS talking to high quality sets. Freedom was having an off night, and I reminded him that on Thursday he couldn't have done any of what he had done tonight, by the end he had wracked more sets than he realized, but no women told him "let's go" like Friday ....I have been at this 8 months and i STILL haven't had that happen:-?

Saturday was about the student's, and though my whole weekend of sarging was probably the worst EVER I am proud of myself for staying positive and not giving up in spite of my own terrible results, I learned I can keep going even on a hell night, and not become negative.

The student did really wells, and like always made changes that WILL last their lifetimes IF they continue to practice.

Hats off to Freedom for still naming five things he did right even when it was a challenge for him.

We went and debriefed at the end, and I said goodbye to everyone, and encourage them to run some solo game soon, better to go solo than not go out at all. It'll improve your game a LOT, and BTW you will be solo when you close her right? I wouldn't be around Sunday, I had plans already;-), and they where relaxing and fun.

LDB

...It was a chocking experience but very sublime. I am the called "Latin Lover" that Little Drummer Boy mentioned about. I am grateful to him for his coaching as well as all the members of the Osaka Crew.

Friday was difficult at the beginning. I remember the first girl that I approached and how she got angry with me due to my lack of confidence and nervousness. But by the end of the night I got a HOT girl with me (and now on my new record). We continue having contact by phone and next Sunday we will meet to have a dinner, learn and enjoy much MORE. I am really exciting...!

On Saturday, the experience was totally different. The Daytime Game, a new tactic difficult to apply in such an open environment, was a challenge for me to deal with. TOC guys were always coaching us and again I was nervousness. But after doing sarge at some many places (Starbucks, the books store, the International Party, Zerro and Onziem), I really got confidence on myself (especially on KINO), and got more excited opening new sets so easily with so many girls. It was a really "training day."

By Sunday, I was a tired, making fewer mistakes and getting new phones numbers and dates. By the end, Kid44 invited us, the new guys, to have a dinner. That night, we were discussing about the Bootcamp and talking on different topics on life. I really got a big impression by his voice, tone, and the way of expressing his ideas. This Bootcamp was one of the most exciting, challenging and joyful weekend that I ever had. I will continue learning by myself and look for more practices.

Thanks to Emma Frost and Antoinette, RedpoleQ, Allusion, Kid 44, LDB and Renaissance. Thanks also to Symmetry, Scuba diver, Irishman and Freedom. Working with you was a wonderful experience. I feel happy by these new friends.

Igknighter

AVVesome here, formerly Symmetry.

Instead of a field report, I wrote a rough draft novelette with a summary of every set I remembered that had some strong affect on me, which was about 75% of them. Bold letter indicate some big theme, like a new venue or a specific set or lesson. I've been working on this little by little all week, and my memory has gotten a bit fuzzy so, I wrote what I could. Sometimes I don't remember if Allusion or RPQ was pushing me into a specific set. Sometimes I forget who did what. So just let me know if something I wrote is wrong. Read what interests you, gimme feedback with what strikes you.

Friday

I arrived in Osaka and met everyone in Shinsaibashi station. We went to McDonalds and chatted about a lot of stuff. I liked hearing people's backstories.

Then, our first wave came at

Pure.

Here were the sets that I remember, out of order.

Most educational set: there are little cubby holes with tables and seats isolated from the rest of the club. RPQ told me to go in one, sit down and game the girls already there. I did so. They were easily the most hostile, unhappy people I've ever talked to in my life. I just rambled on about clothes, Osaka, the music, all the while one is screaming at me in English “Fuck you!” A fifth friend shows up and is livid. She starts yelling in whatever her slurred yankee hometown dialect was. I continued to sit back and ramble about stuff. Karyuu showed up at one point and tried to get the 2 across from me to scoot over so he could sit down, but they yelled at him and having no where to sit, got out of there. Eventually, RPQ pulled me out and said that was pretty sweet, just sitting there and taking their barrage of unhappiness.

I can now think back to this and call it forth as a great experience- I know for a fact that any set I open now couldn't possibly be as pissed or unhappy as they were. That was rock bottom in terms of receptivity... but it was pretty fucking hilarious.

The “best” set I had that night was a cute choi-gyaru style girl. I forget how I opened her, what I said, but eventually we bounced into another cubby hole with Igknighter and his target sitting across from us. He later said my kino was so over the top I was “attacking” her, but TOC said that's exactly how you discover where kino boundaries are. We had a pretty weak conversation, she gave me some shit, but she smiled most of the time. Eventually, it just seemed like I couldn't progress the sarge any further, and someone pulled me out of that set to go open some more, so I just shook her hand and took off.

Another interesting set. I opened a pretty hot b-kei gyaru who was really really smiley and receptive... but was holding hands with another dude. The guy seemed really friendly but was like, “This is my girlfriend.” It was funny, I was all like kino escalating her left arm while he held her right. Someone (RPQ I think?) jumped in to occupy him; I grabbed her arm and tried to bounce her to a quieter pool table room. I asked her how she knew that dude, she said she met him tonight, at this club. Waraeru. Before I could lock in again, dude came back grabbed her arm and she went him but still kept looking at me, with a really happy look on her face. RPQ was like, “Yeah, she was so much more into you than that other dude.” Interesting. What could I have done here?

And yet another interesting set. I opened a really dull, unhappy looking club gyaru on some stairs leading up to a dance platform. She was totally unresponsive for the most part, but as I was instructed, if I didn't make them walk away, they're attracted to me and its still on. LDB came by and yelled that I need to stop playing the entertaining monkey and slow the fuck down- something I progressed on a lot during the rest of the bootcamp. Anyway, after touching her cool nifty super oversized belt one too many times, she walked away. I was so happy I was done talking to her and could move on to sets with better energy, but it was particularly educational.

Once more, another set. I opened and talked about music. I actually liked this girl the best out of all the ones I opened, even though she was probably 10 years older than me, had a little extra weight and was (as I found out at the end of my sarge) married. I locked in a quiet pool room on the side and she did some grinding dancing. That was the first time a girl ever grinded on me, lol. Everything seemed to be going well, then Allusion came by and said she's ready for a kiss close. I tried to kiss her a couple times, but it was all incongruent, she said she was married, danced with me a couple more minutes, then we bid each other adeui.

We all went to a nice cafe in Ame-mura and debriefed there. We all parted ways except Phoenix and I, who went to the conbini to get some batteries... and where we met a 2 set, 2 wiped out drunken gyaru in front of a conbini on the sidewalk waiting for their ride. We sat down next to them and had a pretty good conversation, complete with medium kino and all for a good 15 minutes. My target was actually formerly ganguro! That's cool. Anyway, she eventually got shitty and said something like, “Yeah, these guys know how to work girls,” (女の子に慣れているやねん, I think). They got up and left after that.

Saturday @Starbucks/Tsutaya

My first set was a 2-set. As soon as I started gaming, I felt these girls were too young to game. This was the only time I felt like it screwed with my gaming that the whole bootcamp; I guess stacking forward here cured that. Karyuu winged her friend sitting across from us. A starbucks employee came up and tried to blow us out, asking the two girls if they were ok, and they just said yeah, we're fine. I had trouble thinking of stuff to say, didn't feel right kinoing her and eventually blew myself out by sitting there too long with saying anything interesting enough to her. She stood up, gathered her friend and they left. I was nervous as hell.

RPQ told to open a girl sitting alone right after that. I sat down across from her, said nothing and just looked in the eyes, smiling. After a laugh and a confused “Nani?!” I launched into more routine plowing about clothes and what places are cool in Osaka. I moved my chair next to hers while her boyfriend (I think?) returned, sat down across from her, exchanged greetings with me, then ate silently while I gamed his girlfriend. He was actually a really cool dude; he didn't interrupt me, and after he finished his coffee, he offered me the second half of his danish that he didn't finish. I think besides letting me entirely engage his girl, he dealt with me gaming her pretty well, lol.

After that, my knees were shaking I was so nervous from opening ridiculous sets like that. Allusion brought Karyuu and I to the CD section on the second floor and I opened a girl whose panties we could see for a second going up the escalator. She seemed really shy and kind of stoic, not happy nor pissed at me talking to her... I asked her where to find an Otsuka Ai CD and she wandered around looking for it while I plowed. Eventually, she found the CD, started smiling, warmed up and the set started going a lot better. Played some kino games with her, then she showed me some cell phone pictures of her family. Yikes. From those pictures, I could tell she was way too young, but didn't screw with my gaming, I think since she didn't look that young. She got a call from someone, her mom I think, and I walked a little bit away and talked with Allusion about how the set was going, then she walked away while I wasn't watching.

Most educational set:

Karyuu had opened two WHITE, ENGLISH SPEAKING girls from NY state. I jumped in and was gaming rather lightly. I discovered here that I need to work on making better and better anchors with the girls I encountered through my adolescence, lol

RPQ walked up to us.

RPQ: Hey AVVesome, isolation. *turns to the girls. Are you taking care of my friend here?

Me: *cringing inside

This totally scared the shit out of me. Can't they, like, totally understand English and stuff? But, Karyuu moved his target a little further away and I tried gaming a bit more. I was like 3 feet from her, LDB came by, bumped into me and said “Kino.” Yes, a kino gap big enough to drive a truck through. That totally freaked me out too.

Eventually, Renaissance showed up and saved me. He jumped in for me and I went upstairs had a different set by myself with a shop clerk (detailed below), then met Allusion again downstairs. Allusion wanted to push me back into this set. I didn't want to go. He asked, "Do you think it will help you?" I searched my soul very quickly. It said yes, despite it not wanting it. "Yes," I said. "Then go," he said. I went.

I sat down with Karyuu and the white girls, who he had successfully bounced to Starbucks (from what I heard later, none too smoothly, but they went anyway! Props!) I tried just running obstacle game and saying whatever random shit came to my mind to occupy the other girl while Karyuu talked with his target. My girl wasn't very interested. Eventually, I stood up to get a drink and talked for a minute with RPQ. He gave tons of really good ways of looking at wing game: in a 2 set, whether you like the girl or not, its my responsibility to keep one interested, at least enough for my wing to #close his target. This should be about 20 minutes. I went back in with a coffee, and have a better, more tangible goal, I was actually able to pick up the conversation with her. After another 10 or so minutes, RPQ came in, said he needed to have a word with us and told Karyuu to tell the obstacle that he likes her sister and is she cool with that? I think that's exactly what he did, and that indeed brough the set to its end.

Karyuu later apologized for making me suffer through that set, but hey, that's what bootcamp is all about! Feel the burn of social embarrassment until it goes away and gives you strength! Yeah! I learned a shitload about the basics of winging there too. So thanks a bunch!

Clerk on the DVD floor. Asked her about old samurai movies. Discovered she spoke English really well, and talked with her a while about a variety of movies, music, her times overseas. A customer came by and asked where the bathroom was in Korean, and the clerk replied in Korean and I was thinking, “Damn, that's hot. 3 languages!” and I told her that was really cool but she was like, “Yeah, I only know how to give directions to the bathroom in Korean.” Eventually, I asked her when she got off work and if she'd want to get some coffee at starbucks downstairs. She turned me down, and I ejected and went back to the bookstore on the first floor.

At the international party at Pure...

I was really fucking tired, having not slept for about 40 hours at this point.

Being on “break” I took it easy and opened every set at the club. I didn't progress any sets, but by the end, I had high fived virtually everyone there I could see except for one rude foreign dude who was busy phase shifting with his woman in one of the cubby holes. I felt a big difference in social proof from just having run one set versus having said hello and exchanged a few friendly words with 95% of the crowd.

Probably the most fun I had was using a girl I found as a Pokemon to battle a girl Renaissance found as a Pokemon. We had them neko punching and karate chopping each other and shit. It was classic.

Psycho Teddybear and LDB were tearing it up pretty badly. I really didn't have a chance to talk to them at all this party. Nice work!

There were two Japanese guys that were giving me a funny look, because I had been entertaining their targets pretty well more than once. I saw one motion at me with the back of his hand to the 2 girls. I didn't particularly care about the girls, and maybe I shouldn't have let it bother me that they were talking shit either, but hey. It's bootcamp. So I practiced AMOG'ing them. First I hugged the two girls, who were comfortable with me, gave the dudes them a couple spins, then pushed the 2 girls into the 2 guys and it looked like the dudes were pretty uncomfortable with that setup.

There was someone else there, who came with Psycho Teddybear who I do not know his handle, but he was very cool, motorcycled all over SE Asia, helped me with an accomplishment intro a couple times and showed me a really funny AMOG move: tell the AMOG you're gonna introduce his to a friend, guide him all the way to the exit door, open it, give him a small shove and leave. Cheers dude!

In contrast to the previos night where I went into a cubby hole and got firestormed by 5 raving angry young women, I dropped into a cubby hole to find an older couple, maybe in their early 40s. I just sat down and shot the shit with them while I relaxed. They were really friendly and I went back there a couple times to chill out as I was trying to save energy for the real event later on tonight.

On the way out, Renaissance and I and everyone else as a big happy group of fun loving people somehow fluidly bounced a pair of girls to a nearby bar (Zero? I think?). I don't remember how that happened. They were just chilling with us outside the club after the party and were so enthralled by us they couldn't walk away from us when we took off. That was fun too. I got the one's number, but didn't time bridge properly living a couple hours away in Aichi-ken and all.

Onziem

This place was fucked up and magical. It was soul-grindingly really, really difficult to hook a set here but the ones that did were really rewarding. RPQ taught me a ton of amazing shit about group dynamics. Two things in particular that stood out were 1) be very FAST and open the FIRST GIRL in a train of moving girls or else they won't stop and 2) engage all the girls in a group or else one of them will “pop,” get bored, and drag their friends away to the dance floor.

Kino escalation had to move really super fast and I had to spit like my whole routine stack that I'd developed over the weekend in a few seconds or else they'd just walk away.

There first set that hooked was a girl who was not all that cute (maybe a 5?), but I was so honestly happy that it hooked I truly couldn't care less. I talked with her a good 5 minutes, had my hand on her back and everything before her friend came up all teary eyed and hit her and walked away! Drama!!! Yeah, that set fell apart after that, lol.

Fast forward through about 15-20 sets that walked away after I opened or I fucked up the social dynamics and walked away in a couple minutes.

A big a-ha moment was opening a set on the edge of the dance floor. The music was so loud I was screaming with everything I had the entire time, held their attention a few minutes and eventually a girl popped, they walked away and I felt like I had done really well the social dynamics of engaging the whole set. I pulled out every stop. I used everything I had. And it wasn't good enough.

Afterwards, I think I hit that “deep inner source of power,” having destroyed my vocal chords and gotten blown out the billionth time that night. Shock waves resonated and some magical power started flowing from within. I slowed WAY THE FUCK DOWN and put on a gigantic super-controlled smile.

The next set was a really cute girl who I pulled too hard on her arm. Allusion came up, calmed the girl down and I kind of got her engaged again. She slowly came back to me, smiling, vibing eye contact and I took off my glasses. Things were going right! We were almost touching again when something happened- I don't remember what, like a friend dragging them away. I was really frustrated at this point. Allusion told me that in addition to slowing down and smiling, I need to kino slowly. People want to be loved and caressed, not jerked around. So, armed with this...

Allusion pushed me into another set- Sweet sweet Y-chan, who I bounced out of the club. Actually, she gets a different field report. This interaction was deep. Allusion, thanks for all your incredible winging, insight and debriefing with this one. It was a magical ride, even though I dropped the ball at the very end...

The next morning! Stronger and better than before!

Sunday

No real sleep still. A light 3 hour nap. Raving. 3 hours before bootcamp starts up again. I got a head start down to Umeda and put my bags in a locker, which actually took forever. Eventually, I met up with Phoenix, Igknighter and the journalist in Hep5. We talked for a while about how far we had come in the past two days. Pretty far, yep.

Everyone else showed up and we hit up

Umeda star$

I started out with a 2 set standing in line in front of us. I think Phoenix was winging me? Or KaRyuu? It's all very fuzzy. It was going ok, but then they got their own table before we had a chance to get one with them. More assertive. Right. Waitress, make that a table for 4. Not 2.

After some PUA theory on phase shifting, I opened a really sweet, really shy girl. With the journalists' help, the 3 of us bounced across the street to The Loft, checked out some aroma stuff, played around on an electronic drum set and then bounced back. The best part was sitting her on my lap and teaching her a real basic drum beat... she got it after a minute. I'm sure that made her day. My first day game “insta-date.” This is what I wanna get good at. The kino was simply not here though- she kept taking her hand away whenever I'd put it under my arm. RPQ later told me to give a indicator of disinterest if this happens again. Allusion gave a quick demonstration of how to do that and we started opening sets in the lobby in front of Starbucks.

Moving targets. I did a “launch myself with arms spread out” kind of move on a 2 set, told the one she was beautiful and they walked away outside. I followed them and keeping in line with the get blown or blown out theme of the bootcamp, I tried to kino her by spinning her and that was the blowing out. A J-dude nearby looked really pissed and started walking towards me. I walked back inside, and nothing happened.

Allusion said I need to do a much cooler, low energy “slow down” kind of stop while in front of moving target... kind of like traffic cop. I tried that, and the girl slowed down. I told her she was cute and then she walked away. I followed a bit, but Allusion said no following, but stand still and talk louder.

There were 3 other sets in the lobby of varying quality. Cell phones interrupted two of them. Another one was acting really stupid and saying “Wakkanai” and “Iya.” to everything I said, but took like 3 or 4 minutes to walk away after an arduous plowing session.

Last set of the bootcamp. I sat down across from a lone wolf, fairly attractive, a bit older than me but younger than 30. I like that 25-30 age range. She was really intelligent, reading a book on the roots of Buddhism. We talked about travel and philosophy. RPQ came by to yell kino several times. Absolutely. I just don't know how. My question is how does one progress kino further than arms or leg touches under the table in day game at starbucks? Sit her in my lap? Push my chair right up to hers and start lower back kino? I'll try both later this week.

Final debriefing

Some of us parted ways at that point. Kid44 invited us to dinner and we had a kick ass fun time getting some new frames about approaching, day game, life, sexual control of oneself, being social / having fun and becoming an agent in the fight against the fragmentation of human relationships in a post-capitalist, post-modern culture- keeping all people, not just hot girls but them in particular, from being lonely.

Thanks again to everyone: Allusion, Kid44 and RPQ, the woman who rolled with us on Friday night (Mystique?), Phoenix, Karyuu, Igknighter and Setanti, LDB and Renaissance, the journalist, all the people I blew out for practice, all the people I hooked for practice, all the girls I had a real connection with and everyone else I may have affected or been affected by in the beautiful web of people I got tangled in last weekend. I'm still reeling a week later.

It was kick ass.

At the international party at Pure...

I was really fucking tired, having not slept for about 40 hours at this point.

Being on “break” I took it easy and opened every set at the club. I didn't progress any sets, but by the end, I had high fived virtually everyone there I could see except for one rude foreign dude who was busy phase shifting with his woman in one of the cubby holes. I felt a big difference in social proof from just having run one set versus having said hello and exchanged a few friendly words with 95% of the crowd.

Probably the most fun I had was using a girl I found as a Pokemon to battle a girl Renaissance found as a Pokemon. We had them neko punching and karate chopping each other and shit. It was classic.

Psycho Teddybear and LDB were tearing it up pretty badly. I really didn't have a chance to talk to them at all this party. Nice work!

There were two Japanese guys that were giving me a funny look, because I had been entertaining their targets pretty well more than once. I saw one motion at me with the back of his hand to the 2 girls. I didn't particularly care about the girls, and maybe I shouldn't have let it bother me that they were talking shit either, but hey. It's bootcamp. So I practiced AMOG'ing them. First I hugged the two girls, who were comfortable with me, gave the dudes them a couple spins, then pushed the 2 girls into the 2 guys and it looked like the dudes were pretty uncomfortable with that setup.

There was someone else there, who came with Psycho Teddybear who I do not know his handle, but he was very cool, motorcycled all over SE Asia, helped me with an accomplishment intro a couple times and showed me a really funny AMOG move: tell the AMOG you're gonna introduce his to a friend, guide him all the way to the exit door, open it, give him a small shove and leave. Cheers dude!

In contrast to the previos night where I went into a cubby hole and got firestormed by 5 raving angry young women, I dropped into a cubby hole to find an older couple, maybe in their early 40s. I just sat down and shot the shit with them while I relaxed. They were really friendly and I went back there a couple times to chill out as I was trying to save energy for the real event later on tonight.

On the way out, Renaissance and I and everyone else as a big happy group of fun loving people somehow fluidly bounced a pair of girls to a nearby bar (Zero? I think?). I don't remember how that happened. They were just chilling with us outside the club after the party and were so enthralled by us they couldn't walk away from us when we took off. That was fun too. I got the one's number, but didn't time bridge properly living a couple hours away in Aichi-ken and all.

Haha I seriously hope you don't think LDB and I were tearing it up there, unless of course by tearing it up you mean running around making sure you guys were in set and helping out with you guy's sets. I got a few number closes but with night game looming, I didn't really push for much. Making sure you guys had awesome sets was my main concern.

As for that two set outside, hate to burst any uber skills bubble, but I know them :P Thats probably why it opened like butter. They are friends of the girl NuBreed closed a few weeks back. I saved the girl you number closed from a drunk sketchy as fuck nanpa last time. After you left she number closed me and gave me a kiss goodnight. Damn me wanting to see you guys succeed! That was totally an SNL!

Onziem

This place was fucked up and magical. It was soul-grindingly really, really difficult to hook a set here but the ones that did were really rewarding. RPQ taught me a ton of amazing shit about group dynamics. Two things in particular that stood out were 1) be very FAST and open the FIRST GIRL in a train of moving girls or else they won't stop and 2) engage all the girls in a group or else one of them will “pop,” get bored, and drag their friends away to the dance floor.

Kino escalation had to move really super fast and I had to spit like my whole routine stack that I'd developed over the weekend in a few seconds or else they'd just walk away.

There first set that hooked was a girl who was not all that cute (maybe a 5?), but I was so honestly happy that it hooked I truly couldn't care less. I talked with her a good 5 minutes, had my hand on her back and everything before her friend came up all teary eyed and hit her and walked away! Drama!!! Yeah, that set fell apart after that, lol.

Fast forward through about 15-20 sets that walked away after I opened or I fucked up the social dynamics and walked away in a couple minutes.

A big a-ha moment was opening a set on the edge of the dance floor. The music was so loud I was screaming with everything I had the entire time, held their attention a few minutes and eventually a girl popped, they walked away and I felt like I had done really well the social dynamics of engaging the whole set. I pulled out every stop. I used everything I had. And it wasn't good enough.

Afterwards, I think I hit that “deep inner source of power,” having destroyed my vocal chords and gotten blown out the billionth time that night. Shock waves resonated and some magical power started flowing from within. I slowed WAY THE FUCK DOWN and put on a gigantic super-controlled smile.

The next set was a really cute girl who I pulled too hard on her arm. Allusion came up, calmed the girl down and I kind of got her engaged again. She slowly came back to me, smiling, vibing eye contact and I took off my glasses. Things were going right! We were almost touching again when something happened- I don't remember what, like a friend dragging them away. I was really frustrated at this point. Allusion told me that in addition to slowing down and smiling, I need to kino slowly. People want to be loved and caressed, not jerked around. So, armed with this...

Allusion pushed me into another set- Sweet sweet Y-chan, who I bounced out of the club. Actually, she gets a different field report. This interaction was deep. Allusion, thanks for all your incredible winging, insight and debriefing with this one. It was a magical ride, even though I dropped the ball at the very end...

The next morning! Stronger and better than before!

You did amazing for such a hard venue. I am glad someone else found it hard to hook I thought my game all of a sudden starting sucking :P

As for that two set outside, hate to burst any uber skills bubble, but I know them

Hah! Nice. I wondered why they followed us to that bar. I was thinking "huh, they're having fun but we haven't really talked to them."

I seriously hope you don't think LDB and I were tearing it up there

Actually, I don't remember seeing game you much at all except I popped into one of the cubby holes off the dance floor and you and LDB (I think?) were there getting cozy with two girls so I was like, "Uh, I'll see you guys later!"

Nice report

As for that two set outside, hate to burst any uber skills bubble, but I know them

Hah! Nice. I wondered why they followed us to that bar. I was thinking "huh, they're having fun but we haven't really talked to them."

Lol. It seems like you just don't remember what actually happened. I was standing at the exit of Pure, and that 2set was walking out, and I went to shake their hands to thank them that they came to my party, letting them believe I own the place. I sarged my target, everything going very smoothly, and you were there to take the other girl. I pulled my girl along to zero. Nothing magical about it, just a bounce as you are supposed to seed and execute bounces in a sarge.

I didn't know you already knew them Psycho...

This is KaRyu, the scuba diver. The report will be presented chronlogically. Be patience, it is long.

Friday Night Game

Nervous as hell. 120,000 yen is almost all my monthly salary, which puts me on diet(bread and miso soup) later this month. Fortunately, the instructors, RedpoleQ and Allusion, and the other members are friendly and fun, I became a bit more relaxed as an exciting experience would seem to happen.

Later we settled in McDonald's for briefing and met Emma Frost, LDB and Kid44( who to me, looks like Prof X in X-men, and indeed he reads mind too) Then the theories were presented, and everyone told their stories, which are very interesting. The feedback from Emma Frost and Antoinette are excellent and valuable. Their words gave me confident that I do have an extrovert side deep inside me, and certainly made me believe the theory that women can pick up tiny details. Also, thanks to Allusion for directly pointing me out to work on fashion sense.

PURE was the club we went to. RedpoleQ led me and Setanti into sets right away. Both of us stumbled a lot at the beginning, mainly due to nervousness and unfamiliar to new things, making RedpoleQ constantly come up and remind us to things like lean back, locking-in, KINO, speak loud, slow and calm etc. It was awkward, but somewhat funny too. It started to feel kinda fun.

My first successful sarge was following the girl to get a drink, got her introduced me to her friends beside the bar and hooked up one of them. I was able to KINO more and moving through the stages(Open->Attraction->QA). She stayed for some time while her friends set off to the dance floor, which is certainly an good IOI, though eventually she left.

Then I successfully isolated a Wing's(forgot who) good girl, who was a big Canadian girl. Bootcamp is to practice, so no complain.

The third memorial set was a bartender from a bar around PURE. She was looking for her friends. I let her go but she came back and took me to her friends. I thought that was a good sign, but the corner we locked-in was so noisy that we couldn't talk at all, and eventually attraction died and she walked away. Big stab on ego by this one.

Btw, Awesome is highly honorable in his most educational set because I was there to witness him being harassed by the four girls inside while I was being kicked out earlier. Salute to you, Awesome.

Later on the sarges were unsuccessful, and my energy and confident went downhill. Thank to Renaissance for telling me: "Just remember the BJ smile" (credit to Kid44) It was delightful and magical. And then Kid44 stopped me and helped on my dressing style, which was totally unexpected. I felt highly honoured. After that, I gained back energy and sarge fearlessly, blown out most of the time but fuck it, I didn't care. Eventually before leaving PURE, with the help from RedpoleQ, I got an indirect kiss from a girl who I sarge at the beginning. Good start with a good end.

Debriefing was valuable as the experiences were still vivid and it was easier for me to review how I did and what to improve for the next day. RedpoleQ, thank you for pushing me and I love the comment you said I was a trooper. Troopers usually die first on the field, so I will evolve to Rambo soon and kills everyone else.

Saturday Day Game

Day game is tough. Breaking the own social perception takes time indeed, but the game is still somehow similar.

After briefing, Awesome went straight to action, and I winged for him. As he said, the girls were young, the obstacle was 14(! no child porn in KaRyuWorld). I mentally refused to kino at all even Renaissance came up to remind me on that. Luckily it eventually died out.

Then Allusion told me to pick two random books and went up to 2 girls sitting in Starbucks. Got their attention but couldn't communicate well, and then the girl on the opposite table interrupted and tried to help out, which was kind but not helping the SARGE in this case. Can anyone advice me on how to get rid of these random incomers?

More sets opened, didn't go too far, but things starting to pick up. I recalled opening a set of 2, and the one I was more interested in was married and PREGNANT and her husband was here somewhere. I found it hilarious rather than embarrassing.

The highlighted set was a pair of white girls who are sisters. As there is no language barrier, I was able to lean back and talked more casually, but certainly didn't lock in properly and no KINO at all. Finally Awesome came in to save the day, I isolated the target and then I started to KINO a little bit. Afterwards, Renaissance came up but I did a bad intro of him which made him embarrassed. Sorry Renaissance. Then I "unsmoothly" bounced the girls to Starbucks downstairs. Talked for a long time, but seems like I was just being a FRIENDLY guy as I didn't kino enough. Then RedpoleQ pulled me out and had some serious talk on stop wasting time. I took his advice, went up to her sister, told her I was interested in the target and #close. Learned a lot from this single set, like MORE KINO, not to complement Wings on appearance, seeding etc. It was all good.

International Party

At PURE again. Went straight to actions, opening sets like crazy. It went more smoothly because most girls speak some English, and I feel more confident after the first night game.

Open a set of 3 after getting advices from LDB. I was high energy enough to keep all 3 girls entertained, but don't know how to isolate, then Awesome, the man, came in to save the day once more. Our introduction to each other went extremely well and it created attractions in the girls. Afterwards I was able to isolate the target to get a drink, started KINO, moved further in the stage(QA-> Deep comfort) by telling my own life and hero story for the first time. It was ok, but took too long, I feel a lot more improvements required, but it seems to BT spikes the target a lot anyway. She had the glaze in the eyes, which later Allusion told me is a signal to SNL. As I spent way too much time on this one, LDB came over to remind me and I time-bridged for next week with #,@close.

Another one was a friend of the target IgKnighter was working on. IgKnighter did an excellent job introducing me into the sets, got her attention solidly. Then I did random shits to attract her more, KINO, and was able to go to Deep comfort once more, but this time my speed improved. Time-bridged for next week with #close.

Language barrier honestly make the sarges more difficult in short.

Saturday Night Game

ONIZEM is more classy than PURE, which I like more.

Firstly, special thanks to LDB for showing me the proper body language, like walking and leaning back. I now constantly remember it and taking it as a habit. I also do feel that it made my sarges later the night better.

Allusion later took over and started throwing me into sets of 2, 3 and 4. I blanked out at the beginning as my skills on group dynamics was zero. It was learning in solid hard way.

Sets to remember:

1.) Drunk girl. She was somehow in angry mode, saying she had a bf and know I am hitting on her(duhh). I plowed her, then she made me triy her drink and tilted the cup while I was drinking and made my upper body wet. I pulled her over, smile and whispered "You are cute like a little sister", probably BT spiked her and she touched my chest, saying I am sexy(I know). Eventually we lost interest and she pulled her friend away from Awesome. Sorry Awesome, and I swear that I will spank the next drunken girl that did that to me.

2.) Set of 4 which IgKnighter opened. I moved in as a wing. Being mysteriously energtic, I spun the obstacles and created attractions immediately. Other people came in as wings, so I was able to isolate one girl which was honestly cute. I did my first bounce of the night, which was 5 steps away. One small step in bounce, one giant step to SNL (randomly created by KaRyu)

3.) The Dancer that worked there. Worth mentioning just that she was HOT. This set is critical for me because at that moment I realized "Since I might not have the skill sets to get HB9/10 yet, I will just lay back and do whatever I can, get blown or get blown out". I know this thought can make me go a lot further.

4.) Last set: Opened a set of 2, spun the target and she was happy. Full credit to RedpoleQ again as he was the wing. I bounced the target a few times, with much more KINO as I was mimicking how RedpoleQ was doing, still a lot to learn though. Went all the way up to deep comfort again, I need to work on the sexual seduction. At last got #close and a real kiss on the cheek.

I would say my experience in ONZIEM is better than in PURE. Many thanks to Allusion. I feel very connected to your causal and cheerful attitude(vibe?), so your advice hits me hard and well. It was a pleasure to work with you.

Sunday Day Game

Incredible. This one is short as there is only one set.

I skipped the briefing about phase-shifting(which turned out to be critical in this set later) because I opened a set right away on the queue. Thanks Allusion for throwing me on this one.

Opened with Takoyaki opener, and she replied in English, just fantastic. Then found out that she is a air stewardess, even better as I want to become a pilot later. Eventually we sat down on a table for 2, made a mistake of not sitting inside for lock-in (thanks RedpoleQ). She seemed keen. We bounced to look for male jackets, things went very well as I was doing kino and doing stuff to BT spikes. A mistake I now recognized is that I did little QA and didn't go into deep comfort at all. However, things went downhill as she insisted going back home early as she had to get up during midnight for work, and I didn't control the situation well enough (no seeding to time-bridge later on) as I insisted having dinner with her, So at last I sent her to the train station. She got annoyed to a point that when I causally asked her where she lives she said "Why do you want/need to know that?". #close, but I felt it's blown out.

Although the story went sour, this is another awesome experience because I fell big time and was able to learn a lot from just one set.

Finale

Kid44 invited us for the finale dinner. Thank you for the treat. The dinner was purely fantastic. It took the meaning of this bootcamp from beyond merely getting girls to how to be successful in all aspects of your life. Virtually anything that Kid44 said is inspirational and useful and at the same time humorous and enjoyable. Kid44, I sincerely thank you for the advice and encouragement you gave from the bottom of my heart. I really feel the power to move on to higher level in my life.

This weekend is the craziest time in my 23 years of life! Thank you everyone!

My report ends here.

• 1 month later...

KaRyu,

Good FR. I have read some of your other posts and one thing stands out the most to me.

Your frame to me feels like you think many situations are beyond your control. Remember that your actions and choices are the only ones you directly control and that those actions and choices can negatively effect the people and situations around you. Think of yourself as CREATING your life and the situations in it, and you will find it to be the case more and more.

Your Sunday set was GREAT, one set is in fact ideal for sarging, open one, build attraction qualify...and close the same one. Many sets is for practice if it only takes one set to get laid all the better. The stewardess set did not go "sour" when you bounce a STEWARDESS and spend a long set with her and number close (it wasn't clear to me whether you had dinner with her, did you?) is not a bad set. Ask yourself how many time you opened and bounced a stewardess before in the rest of your life. Just because you didn't close her this set looks like a great deal of success in progressing your sarge TOWARD closing. As long as you are progressing sets closer to a close each time progress is definitely being made.

Have you since met and day two'ed or closed any of the mentioned time bridges/ number closes?

Since you have closed (two?) girls since the bootcamp it's safe to say you are making good progress.

Don't underestimate your potential, too often in your FR's I see you making negative assumptions about how well the set is going (I am sometimes guilty of it myself), bottom line..."if they are still there, it's still on".

Keep it up KaRyu

P.S. If you strive to use more easily understood (correct/ proper grammar) in your posts it will help others to understand what actually happened, and therefore give you better feedback.

Don't underestimate your potential, too often in your FR's I see you making negative assumptions about how well the set is going (I am sometimes guilty of it myself), bottom line..."if they are still there, it's still on".

Thank you Da Vinci for your feedback. This is indeed an area I am working on as I tend to analytical and think too much about the situation. I am in the process of going with the flow.

P.S. If you strive to use more easily understood (correct/ proper grammar) in your posts it will help others to understand what actually happened, and therefore give you better feedback.

I always wanted to know how should I improve my FRs. I shall practice to be more clear and precise by using simple sentences.